Dragonforce Announced US tour for this Fall

Guyguna

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2005
Hey Glenn you talked on the forum about a co-headline tour this fall for them. Is it that tour? I don't see another headliner from now!!

Inhuman Rampage Over North America
Plus Special Guests All That Remains / HORSE the Band

Fri Sep. 08 - Los Angeles, CA - Wiltern Theatre
Sat Sep. 09 - San Francisco, CA - The Warfield
Mon Sep. 11 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre
Wed Sep. 13 - Seattle, WA - Showbox
Sat Sep. 23 - Detroit, MI - Harpo's
Fri Oct. 06 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues
More to be announced!

Hooorayy another Dragonforce tour! Hopefully they will make their way back around here, although I am happy enough seeing them earlier this year. Either or, its a similar scenario: Dragonforce and a gaggle of worthless openers. Cheers!

I saw Horse at sounds of the underground. It's cheesy 80's keyboard crap meets hardcore. Their keyboard player plays on an itty bitty Korg and does the same effect in basically every song. And he looks like Napoleon Dynamite. All in all, its shit music with an entertaining show. Kind of like the headlin---j/k. :lol:

Curufin said:
Hahahahaha what shitty openers. Glad I'll be in NYC with AngraRULES, Yngvai X, shaq, and pollution instead of San Francisco for that date.

Good to know I don't count :mad:
So, you know what? NO MILTON for you!:Smug:

How could anybody like DragonForce I mean seriously. Think how they act and play and shit. They are arrogant. They believe they are like the shit of their genre, but the truth is.. is they are nothing but warmed-over turds. 'Our solos are too fast for the human brain'.. Okay.. You are human, your solos are very easy, so what are you getting at here, mr. Li? Work on alternate picking.. and be able to move from the 13th fret to the 16th fret on and E string back and forth very fast, and hey, you're the next DragonForce

THE SINGER. Haha, the vocalist resembles Steve Perry from Journey. Lyrics, cheesy. Let's sing about stars and knights and horses.. blah.. Sure, I admit, it is hard to sing the way he does, but the voice doesn't match the music. The voice matches more like.. The Pokemon theme.

Let me get something straight to begin with. Herman Li is self-taught. I respect that.. BUT, I don't respect a man who believe he is the god of guitars. People say he's the best soloist. The fastest guitarist. Plays the most difficult riffs. No. Not even. Take a song at 200 BPM. Fast right? Not really.. (Through The Fire And The Flames) Now, play an itsy bitsy simple guitar riff at the bginning using 16th notes. No big deal. You may say I'm crazy that its no big deal.. That's only if you've never picked up a guitar and learned extremely hard songs in your pathetic life. A lot of their shit.. What sounds like guitar solos are piano parts. THE FUCKING KEYBOARD MAN is the greatest musician in the whole goddamn band. Last...

Well first of all, when I read in a guitar magazine that 'DragonForce comments on Trivium playing like 15 year-olds' Whether this is JOKING or NOT, I automatically want to hear just what this band is like. I expected to hear extremely heavy riffs, what is supposed to make you want to head bang, makes me want to head-blow-off-fuckin'-shoulders.

Arrogant dicks with light power chords who play mediocre solos and riffs with very fast paces.. Not winners in my book.

'Nuff said.

I just needed to vent. Discuss.

GenoCidal Wings said:
How could anybody like DragonForce I mean seriously. Think how they act and play and shit. They are arrogant. They believe they are like the shit of their genre, but the truth is.. is they are nothing but warmed-over turds. 'Our solos are too fast for the human brain'.. Okay.. You are human, your solos are very easy, so what are you getting at here, mr. Li? Work on alternate picking.. and be able to move from the 13th fret to the 16th fret on and E string back and forth very fast, and hey, you're the next DragonForce

THE SINGER. Haha, the vocalist resembles Steve Perry from Journey. Lyrics, cheesy. Let's sing about stars and knights and horses.. blah.. Sure, I admit, it is hard to sing the way he does, but the voice doesn't match the music. The voice matches more like.. The Pokemon theme.

Let me get something straight to begin with. Herman Li is self-taught. I respect that.. BUT, I don't respect a man who believe he is the god of guitars. People say he's the best soloist. The fastest guitarist. Plays the most difficult riffs. No. Not even. Take a song at 200 BPM. Fast right? Not really.. (Through The Fire And The Flames) Now, play an itsy bitsy simple guitar riff at the bginning using 16th notes. No big deal. You may say I'm crazy that its no big deal.. That's only if you've never picked up a guitar and learned extremely hard songs in your pathetic life. A lot of their shit.. What sounds like guitar solos are piano parts. THE FUCKING KEYBOARD MAN is the greatest musician in the whole goddamn band. Last...

Well first of all, when I read in a guitar magazine that 'DragonForce comments on Trivium playing like 15 year-olds' Whether this is JOKING or NOT, I automatically want to hear just what this band is like. I expected to hear extremely heavy riffs, what is supposed to make you want to head bang, makes me want to head-blow-off-fuckin'-shoulders.

Arrogant dicks with light power chords who play mediocre solos and riffs with very fast paces.. Not winners in my book.

'Nuff said.

man if you like them that much, why didnt you just say it!

... I think i sense a little itty boy wanting to be the next Dragonforce poopsy! :lol:

GenoCidal Wings said:

'Nuff said.

Cool rant, I laughed.

1- I never read/heard this statement from Li myself, but if it's true, do you think Herman Li actually meant what he said about his solo's being too fast for the human brain? :lol:

This is exactly why I love DragonForce. They say what they want, when they want, and they don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks. I don't think they take themselves that seriously though, obviously it's everyone else that does.

And if he's arrogant, should you really get so angry about it? When I met him, he was really nice, both times. Sure he reeked of some arrogance, but some band coming out of the UK and being Power Metal to be exploding like they are in the USA, I'd be pretty confident myself. And since you don't know him personally, it could be confidense over arrogance. Which is not at all a bad thing. If you don't believe in yourself, no one else will.

2- How do you know he belives he is the GOD of Guitars? :lol: :lol: I don't think he says these comments, you just said "people say". Exactly. Everyone else. ;) So you can't be angry with Herman because his fans worship his playing.

I think that these guys are really talented. ;) And I agree with you on Vadim, he's very amazing. One of the greatest keyboard players. His speed rules. But so does ZP. I don't know how you think that his voice doesn't match DragonForce, I think it's fine. But like me now, and you, and based on what "people" say, we have all different opinions.

3- They are not warmed over turds. If they are, what makes people like us? Whose bands are not successful and stuck playing local shows? LOL. Obviously these guys are something more than just some turds, if they are selling out and touring the states and getting huge. ;) But you know, you can rant, this is a thread, and I'm sure no one should become angry that you give your opinion, but I think DragonForce is doing quite well without you and people who don't like them. Not many Power Metal bands make a debut in the USA and sell-out clubs. They sure can pack the places, but not like these guys.

I've just come to realise that no matter who it is, once a band really starts hitting the mainstream people have to say what they hate and dislike about the band. It always happens this way. A band is only respected in Metal when they are underground, but even if they haven't changed, they get negative feedback once they are mainstream. Atleast, I've seen it happen before. But you really shouldn't let other people's opinions make you hate or dislike a band so much. :)

Kids worhips these guys, and that's how it.

But you know, I agree.. Herman is fucking amazing, he can shred. Great, fast player.. their lyrics are cheesy, that's the point, and that's what makes them great. I myself believe that the human brain cannot handle a solo from Mr. Li. :heh:

Anyway, I went up to New York to see them, and I'll see them 3 nights in a row in a couple of weeks, so.. I have to prepare my brain for this band. I don't know if I can handle it!! :lol:

GenoCidal Wings said:

'Nuff said.

You're just jealous that they're obviously better than you are at guitar...

Seriously, if that's your opinion fine, but don't make it sound like it's a FACT... If you hate them, good for you.. Now if you wanna come and rant on a thread that people are obviously "happy" that they're touring, and that these people are fans... Pfft... grow up, kid... seriously...

Dragonforce fucking rules. I've always said before.. Cocky or not, it doesn't matter. I listen to music that sounds good to my ears, and it sounds fucking great to me. What are you a fan of? Lamb of God? Dream Theater? Pfff... I wonder who the turd really is...

GenoCidal Wings said:

'Nuff said.

Are you saying you're better than them? Is your band touring the world and selling out venues? How many albums have you sold? You know, it's better to stay silent and appear foolish, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Emerald Sword said:
Are you saying you're better than them? Is your band touring the world and selling out venues? How many albums have you sold? You know, it's better to stay silent and appear foolish, than to speak and remove all doubt.

No doubts remain. LOL

AngraRULES said:
What are you a fan of? Lamb of God? Dream Theater? Pfff... I wonder who the turd really is...

Taken from "Introduce Yourself" From UM > The Site

GenoCidal Wings said:
Hey. Uh, I'm Aaron. You can call me that too. Nice to be here so we can all disagree on bands and such together.

Few favs: Trivium, As I Lay Dying, Bullet For MY Valentine, Unearth, In Flames, Killswitch, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Slipknot (don't laugh).. Etc.

Yes, I DO PREFER SOME NU-METAL SOMETIMES. :)

:ill: