Dredg?

YES, they fucking RULE and I have Doomcifer to thank for getting me into them. I know most people prefer El Cielo but I like Lietmotif better. They have a new one coming out real soon don't they?

Very unique band, very fucking awesome. I think a lot of people on this forum would dig them, but they're one of those bands I can't specifically recommend unless someone has already heard them dealies. Whatever that means.

Yes, they have a new album coming out 6/21. You can hear a new song called "Bug Eyes" on their website. I like it very much.

One Inch Man said:
YES, they fucking RULE and I have Doomcifer to thank for getting me into them. I know most people prefer El Cielo but I like Lietmotif better. They have a new one coming out real soon don't they?

:cry: But it was me who traded you Leifmotif for Tuonela.

ANyway, I'll admit that they were not bad at all. Just not my thing, and yes, many more on this forum would dig 'em, Radiohead fans especially.

They are one of the most "fresh" bands out nowadays. Fucking KILLER band. I've heard some samples from the new album and can hardly hold in the anticipation. Reverend Bizarre and Dredg coming out in June..WOOT!!! ..oh, and my bday. :)

J. said:
This is true, but that's because about 2 months prior Doomcifer burned me a copy of El Cielo.

But I have you to thank as well. :loco:

Doomcifer said:
From what I have heard, it a lot more ... heavy? I dunno if that's the right word though.

The entire, completed album is available for download? wtf? geezus!

More heavy.. NO :loco:
At least the tracks I've heard , prepare for a serious top 5 contender here :worship:

One Inch Man said:
I know most people prefer El Cielo but I like Leitmotif better.

same here, although I tend to listen to "El Cielo" more because there are so much moments on this album that make me feel like a goose being bumped by a truck...

I've always thought leitmotif >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> el cielo

not that el cielo is bad or anything, but outside a few tracks its missing that edge that leitmotif has

of course when they do crazy jams on the el cielo tracks live, they completely own.

J. said:

ANyway, I'll admit that they were not bad at all. Just not my thing, and yes, many more on this forum would dig 'em, Radiohead fans especially.

Agreed, they have some good ideas but nothing that convinces me I need everything they've released...maybe the new album will change that, but judging by the bland prerelease track I doubt it.

New Dredg = top 3 this year . If you like El Cielo you'll be blown away ...