Dredg

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
I dont know if "Catch Without Arms" has been discussed yet since there is no Search feature ... but the new Dredg album slays everything that's been released this millenium.

I need to hear this. There has been a bit of discussion on it, I know Dev loves it.

Far too catchy , I have already no desire to play it again (my bro plays it 24/7 in his room d'oh) ; not saying it's bad but it is the less good of their albums.A couple of songs are brilliant , the whole album is good.

What's the next step?

Gonna see them too on July 5th , woohoo :)

yes, it didn't hold up after repeat listens. So far for this one and the last one, they both start off as huge steps up, and then quickly fall to being a step down from before.

Chromatose said:
yes, it didn't hold up after repeat listens. So far for this one and the last one, they both start off as huge steps up, and then quickly fall to being a step down from before.

"El Cielo" stays on the über-step as far as I'm concerned :D , yet I do favour "Leitmotif" for reasons of my own.
And "Catch without Arms", yeah, bunch of awesome songs. Alas I must agree with that Dev kid, they are much too catchy and their marrow promptly sucked up. Delicate food for airwaves. Dredg have caught up with a new level of audience, and while it's the best that could happen to them, I feel it will not keep 95% of this year's releases at safe distance, like the two previous albums did in their time...

I'll see them next Saturday and next Sunday, the first time at a huge open-air fest, then in a small cosy downtown venue. Interesting to have the opportunity to experience their music in two such different contexts.

Album of the decade? You know that implies superiority over Deadwing, The Mantle, Remedy Lane, Mabool, Panotpticon, to name just a few? Come to your senses my good friend. Granted, I've only heard two tracks and both sounded like ordinary pop rock to me, but that might be the work of my patented anti-hype alarm. :)

What's doing Deadwing in this list? :D

I own Catch Without Arms and will probably keep it for the rest of my lifetime but it won't be in my top 10 list at the end of the year . After 50++ listens the tracks I like best are the catchiest.Oh well.. it poops over 99% of pop/rock music ;)

Moonlapse said:
The style of the music is just something that I don't dig at all.

:ill:
Moonlapse, not YOU ! I thought you loved great music !! :erk:

So, even if it's not as brilliant as El Cielo (this one can almost fit the sentence "slays everything that's been released this millenium"), CWA is really awesome, and I can't get rid of it. To be honest, I didn't expect such a great CD, I was wrong.

Dev: maybe one day you'll understand, kid :D (not in your top 10 list... :Smug: )