Dumb question - Marta & Res Inn

manowarfan1

Jan 16, 2004
Colorado Springs, CO
Hi all - dumb question (admittedly) - but when taking the MARTA to the Arts stop or whatever it's called (I have it written down) - which way to the Residence Inn coming out of the MaARTA station? I THINK it would be to take a right (think the Hamptn was a left last year) becuause if I recall correctly I ran into someone coming from the Res Inn last year and it was pretty much by the venue but up the ihll/street.

That sound correct? I jsut dont wanna be dragging a suitcase all over Atlanta coz I went the wrong way. Nuthin' says "tourist" like someone rolling luggage down the sidewalk lol. Also - getting in at 4 -ish I gotta get a move on to get to a liqour store and get things chilling in the fridge and then get to the venue for Karaoke - which I normally avoid like the plague - but it will be pretty cool - considering there's cool people and a likelihood of good music for a change :)

jeff

Jeff,

You take a left right off the Marta and walk 2500 miles back to Colorado Springs, CO. Hope it helps!LOL

-Sean (the guy you and your friend met last year at the pre-pre party)

Not to go completely off tangent, but

manowarfan1 said:
I gotta get a move on to get to a liqour store and get things chilling in the fridge and then get to the venue for Karaoke

Where is there a liquor store around the area there? Best Ive been able to come up with is getting some help from the hotel staff in procuring some beer from a Krogers I guess.

metalsped said:

Where is there a liquor store around the area there? Best Ive been able to come up with is getting some help from the hotel staff in procuring some beer from a Krogers I guess.

The Shell station has some domestic & import beer, I don't remember seeing hard liquor there, but I was just in awe to find Newcastles....It was like seeing The Ark of the Covenant, minus all the bad stuff! :heh:

J-Dubya

EDIT: Duh, its the Shell on 14th St. just before the bridge over the expressway....

metalsped said:

I think they have beer and liqour there - and some food - might as well stock the fridge at teh Res. Also, I printed up a map for someplace called Macs if Krogers doesnt have the beers that I like (yes, I am a beer snob, living in Colorado will do that to you) - :)

Once we figure it out we'll prolly be making frequent restocking trips - i think the Res probably has regular size fridges - we'llneed industrial size - so ifanyone needs a ride or us to pick them something up on a trip - just holler.

Jeff

manowarfan1 said:
I THINK it would be to take a right (think the Hamptn was a left last year) becuause if I recall correctly I ran into someone coming from the Res Inn last year and it was pretty much by the venue but up the ihll/street.

That sound correct?
There's actually a faster way. The marta station has four levels - Train level, Peachtree St level, Bus level, and Arts Center level. What you want to do is keep going upstairs to the Arts Center level. There's an elevator if you are luggage heavy. When you exit the station from the top level you'll be coming out on Lombardy Way. They've been building a parking garage or something right there for the last 47 years. You'll want to turn left onto Lombardy Way. Take it to the next block which is 16th St. One block on 16th will put you at the other Peachtree. You'll be right outside a church. Throw the horns for protection. You'll see the Residence Inn downhill to your left. Just cross there at the intersection, and walk on down to the hotel. This way is a little easier for rolling luggage. Be sure to flash some leg at the construction workers.