Marta Question

Shark83

New Metal Member
Aug 8, 2003
Visit site
I've got a question for you Atlantans. I'm only going to be able to make the showcase on Thursday, as I work weekends. So I'm going to be flying in on Thursday, but then I'm flying back home early Friday morning. I know the show is going to end around 12:30, and according to the Marta site the trains stop running at 1:00. I don't really want to rent a hotel for just 5 hours so I figured I would just go back to the airport and sleep a couple hours at my gate (Tom Hanks style). Am I going to be able to get out of there and get to the airport using Marta? If I get on the train by 1:00, am I good? Or do I need to be at the airport by 1:00? Anyway, any advice you guys have would be awesome. :worship:

The last train from Arts Center to the Airport on Weekdays leaves at 1:42AM and is due into Hartsfield at 2:06AM. However, I am not sure you will be able to get to your gate. I doubt that security is a 24 hour operation when there are no flights going out. You may need to kill an hour or two pre-security before they will let you to your gate.

Anyway, here is a train schedule:
http://www.itsmarta.com/getthere/schedules/tables/rte_NE_W.htm