Easter Metal Tunes?

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
I suggest Grave Digger's "The Last Supper", for one. 10/10 Favorite track: The Divided Cross! Any other great Easter holiday metal tunes out there?
Oh yeah! "Crucify" by Bloodgood!:kickass:

I wouldn't *quite* call it metal, although for the very early 80s I thought it was quite crunchy..... Petra - "It is Finished" from their "Beat The System" album.

I suggest Grave Digger's "The Last Supper", for one. 10/10 Favorite track: The Divided Cross! Any other great Easter holiday metal tunes out there?

Sacred Warrior - He Died

Vanden Plas - Gethsemane (actually, even though it's not "metal", the whole Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack is pretty rocking...)

The whole story:
Grave Digger- The Last Supper
Helloween- Judas
Norther- Betrayed
Destruction- Nailed To The Cross
Yngwie Malmsteen- Crown Of Thorns
Lillian Axe- Crucified
Alice In Chains- Died
Venom- Ressurection
Kamelot- Ascension
At Vance- Heaven

I'd swap in Fear Factory's "Resurrection" instead.

* ding! *

Say, thanks for picking the CD I'll be listening to on my way to my mom's house* tomorrow! Obsolete it is! :headbang:

-=-=-=-
* corned beef and cabbage, plus ham...yumm

Yeah. I had thought Halford's Ressurection would have worked also, but listing all the alternatives would have been too long winded.

Veni Domine's album - Fall Babylon Fall.
One of the most underrated bands imo. Progressive Doom Metal that has been around since the early '90s, but are simply neglected because of their overt, Christian themes.

Come to think of it, most of their albums have several songs depicting Easter themes; "Bless My Pain," "Like I'm Crucified," and "King of the Jews."

It's not metal, but Marillion's "Easter" is a wonderful song... one of the few guitar solos that I swear I can hear what it's saying.

Happy Easter to Christians and heathens and everyone else! At least we can all participate in the ritualistic slaughter of chocolate rabbits!

Shaye

Yes, Happy Easter to all.

You guys are forgetting the Passover song (which is usually the same time as Easter): Metallica's "Creeping Death".

Steve in Philly

I have deleted And Time Began's post. Let me remind everyone that this is not a public forum. This is a private forum and you are an invited guest. As you have learned by now, I run one of the most politically correct forums on the web. There are both positives and negatives associated with that. The positives far outweight the negatives.

I do not condone anti-religious posts. I do not condone anti-atheistic posts either. Be postive towards whatever you believe and leave the negative stuff out.

I have deleted And Time Began's post. Let me remind everyone that this is not a public forum. This is a private forum and you are an invited guest. As you have learned by now, I run one of the most politically correct forums on the web. There are both positives and negatives associated with that. The positives far outweight the negatives.

I do not condone anti-religious posts. I do not condone anti-atheistic posts either. Be postive towards whatever you believe and leave the negative stuff out.

hahaha sorry I was just making a joke but I understand how some can see it as offensive.

Q- I just listed a bunch of anti christian songs to be funny but I guess it was not funny in the end. :(

Yes, Happy Easter to all.

You guys are forgetting the Passover song (which is usually the same time as Easter): Metallica's "Creeping Death".

Steve in Philly

Cool, actually I thought of "Creeping Death," but I wasn't sure when Passover was. That might be the metal world's ONLY Passover song.

Turning around from the front row and seeing 19,000 Metallica fans all screaming "Die! Die! Die!" during that song was definitely a religious experience for me.....not so for the nervous security guards at Lakewood Amphitheater. :heh: