Anyone going to see Grave Digger in NYC?

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Just wondering how many people here are going to see Grave Digger on March 2 at BB Kings in NYC. I will certainly be there as they are one of my all time favorite bands.

Not so much a fan of the first three albums (between those three albums I think I like four songs). Starting with Symphony of Death and working up all the way through their latest release is some of the finest power metal I have ever heard. My overall favorite albums have to be Tunes of War, The Grave Digger, and Rheingold.

This will be Grave Digger's third ever US show since they first came out in Germany back in the early 80's. I was there for their first ever US show in 2004 in which they played the Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles 6 Pack Weekend in Cleveland, Ohio alongside Doro, Primal Fear, Brainstorm, Metal Church, and others. It was absolutely amazing and I still remember it like it was yesterday. I'll never forget them ripping into "Heavy Metal Breakdown" and me who never goes in the pits got involved with my Spanish brothers who were in the building going absolutely ape shit.

They did one off show in Arizona after the 6 Pack Weekend and that was it so March 2 at BB Kings is their next and only US show of the year. Local power metallers Arctic Flame are opening so that should be great.

Now if only Running Wild would get their asses over here for a show!

I've been getting into Grave Digger a lot lately. The first album I heard was The Grave Digger and i thought it was awful (still do to be honest... really poor songwriting IMO). Recently some of my friends sat me down and made me listen to "Knights of the Cross" (still probably my favorite GD album), "Tunes of War", "Excalibur" and "Reingold". Really awesome power metal, some of the best choruses in the genre. They definitely know what they're doing when it comes to writing.

Great band. I agree that they got better with time.
I have not heard their newest full length.
It got some iffy reviews, but whatever.

Are you sure they never toured the states in the 80s?

Running Wild did, with Voivod and Celtic Frost I believe, or it may have been Helloween.

I want to see Gravedigger so bad but i will not be able to make this trip. and that sucks very badly!

Grave Digger never toured here. This is indeed their third ever US show. Running Wild did an 8 or 10 date tour I believe in 86 with Celtic Frost and Voivod.

I am there! One of the few bands in my top 30 or so that I have never seen live! Glad they moved it back to BB Kings. Bringing a very good friend who is not into Grave Digger yet, but she'll probably be a HUGE fan by the end! :headbang: