Grave Digger at BW&BK Festival

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! I just found out Grave Digger will be playing at this year's BWBK Fest in Cleveland. I went there last year and had a good time, but won't be in US during this year's edition. I've been waiting to see Grave Digger for many years and now they will play in US and I won't be there. Not fair!!!
Please bring them to ProgPower!!!!! I need to see Uncle Reaper in action!!!

http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=9147

BW&BK 6-Pack Weekend II - “Who’s Up For Another Round?” [Hot Flashes - 03.12.17 19:06:55]

Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles magazine, North America’s premier metal publication, is returning to The Odeon, in Cleveland, Ohio for another metal spectacular. June 4-5, 2004 will be the dates of the next BW&BK 6-Pack Weekend. Once again, 14 international bands will play over the two days, many making their debut in North America. For others, this will be their only appearance on the continent.

The first batch of confirmed acts includes:

GRAVE DIGGER - the Germans are making the first (and ONLY!) North American appearance of their career. Chris Boltendahl (vocals) is thrilled. “We are so proud to play in the States after 23 years of Grave Digger history. We’ll present a special setlist for you, which will cover the full history. Stay tune for real German true metal!”

PRIMAL FEAR - only North American show in support of the forthcoming Devil’s Ground CD. Bassist Mat Sinner, who wrote the lion’s share of the disc is thrilled to be playing the show, bypassing some major European festivals, in favor of the 6-Pack Weekend. "Finally the Metal Commando will come back to the US. We're fired up in Devil's Ground and we promise to metalize the entire place!"

SEVEN WITCHES – also opted to play this show over a major European date, as the band recently returned from a successful tour, supporting Over Kill, and want to dedicate time on this side of the pond. By the 6-Pack, the band will have released their fifth album. In addition to the main show, Jack Frost and James Rivera will perform acoustically, a set said to include tunes by the Witches, HELSTAR (Rivera’s other outfit), Frost’s solo material and a few surprises!

E-FORCE – now based in France, the new band by ex-VOIVOD singer/bassist Eric Forrest recently issued Evil Forces, which was selected BW&BK Album Of The Month for December. Forrest has promised to perform material from BOTH outfits!

SHADOWKEEP - LMP recording artists, the progressive UK outfit will be making their North American debut.

ION VEIN - Chicago area prog-metallers will open the Saturday show.

LILITU - Georgian band will kick off the whole festival.

Last, but certainly not least, Ben Jackson (guitar) and Midnight (vocals) of the legendary CRIMSON GLORY will perform an acoustic set of their best-known classics! While the pair worked together on Jackson’s upcoming solo effort, this marks the singer’s first public outing since the days of Transcendence!

More bands yet to be announced, including headliner. Tickets will go on sale in early January. Keep checking BraveWords.com for updates.

Yuck... looks like I won't be going this year... unless there's some good late additions

Are you kidding? This is already 10 times better than last years progpower. And when they announce the real headliner it should be even better. Count me there. Power metal all the way.

Imajica said:
Are you kidding? This is already 10 times better than last years progpower. And when they announce the real headliner it should be even better. Count me there. Power metal all the way.
Pass me some of that stuff you're smoking..

Primal Fear, Grave Digger, and that jobber Jack Frost do not come close to Evergrey, Zak Stevens, and Vanden Plas (Nevermind Symphony X, Secret Sphere, Redemption, and Nightwish)

Just my opinion :Spin:

YtseJammer said:
Pass me some of that stuff you're smoking..

Primal Fear, Grave Digger, and that jobber Jack Frost do not come close to Evergrey, Zak Stevens, and Vanden Plas (Nevermind Symphony X, Secret Sphere, Redemption, and Nightwish)

Just my opinion :Spin:
I agree, that festival sucks so far. How about Helloween, Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Gamma Ray, Tad Morose, etc... Although I wouldn't mind seeing Midnight!!! That's cool.

Is this the "since we don't like some of the bands at the festival let's boycott it" thread? Damn people, here's a chance to see some DAMN fine bands that WON'T be at ProgPower! Who cares which festival is "better," that's just a matter of line-up and personal choice! Damn right I'll be buying tickets to both and supporting both! I appreciate all the hard work Glen and the BWBK guys are doing to get these bands over here! Thank you both groups for hosting such wonderful festivals in the states!

Amen, Heavenly Call. The negativity needs to cease! Would it be better to have no festivals at all? We finally have TWO festivals that allow us to see bands that mostly the European market only got to see. Where did this "competition" shit come from anyway? I've never seen Glenn bitch about another festival. I also haven't seen anyone from BWBK bitch about Progpower, either. Actually, Mark Gromen was at PPIV. Come on, people. Let's be together in this. Metal has enough detractors without us fighting among ourselves.

First, I have to say that I don't see the "bitching" about other festivals. There hasn't been a single complaint about how the Six Pack is run or any other detail pertaining to the organization. People are only expressing their thoughts on the announced roster so far. Some love it. Some hate it. The same thing happens to me every year. I just roll with it as I'm sure Mark does.

As for Mark, he and I are really good friends. He has done nothing but support me over the years. I am in his debt for the valuable exposure he provided the festival via Brave Words online and in Metal Maniacs. I have nothing but kind words to say about him and Tim Henderson.

Glenn H.

A very good reply, Glenn. What I meant by "bitching" was that neither you nor BWBK feel slighted or threatened by the other, yet some of the people on the forum seem to be trying to play one festival against the other. I agree with you,Glenn. Opinions are very good. Everyone liking the same thing would be boring. It just seems as if occasionally the opinions are more of a mean nature. I love both festivals and go to both and am damn happy that both exist.

Agreed emerald sword. I was more put off by the "this festival sucks so far" comment. The bands might suck, but I give them big props for attempting something like this. Lord knows I don't have the money, know-how, connections, or time to do it. It's just like when the Death Metal shows get put together...I don't like the bands, but I don't say that the "festival" sucks, just not my thing. I still appreciate the fact that the people are bringing some good metal from other lands to the US. I think Emerald Sword got it...hate the bands...not the festival! Thanks for your reply though Glen!

All I have to say is that it's convenient that I reside in Cleveland and I'll be attending the BW & BK festival for the second year in a row. I wish they would move the show to the Agora Theater cause the Odeon is too small in my opinion. It was like a sauna in there last year!!

I was at the Brave Words fest last year and it was great. I am so glad someone is FINALLY bringing Grave Digger to the states. Next I want to see Running Wild on the bill, and if not for Brave Words than for Prog Power. Both are fantastic festivals.