Shame on you, NYC

Saxon was not at BWBK 6-Pack 2004. I was at the show. I've never seen Saxon live and would like an opportunity to do so. The BWBK 6-Pack did not provide me that opportunity.

The lineup as I remember it:

Night 1: Katatonia, Grave Digger, Doro, Seven Witches, E-Force, Shadows Keep, & Lilitu

Night 2: Metal Church, Primal Fear, Dismember, Shok Paris, Flotsam & Jetsam, Brainstorm, & an opening band that I don't remember.
Thanks for the correction. I thought I remembered Saxon being listed, but I didn't go back to check their Web site so I very well could have been wrong.

I'm pretty surprised to hear all the shit about Jack Frost. I interviewed him a few years ago (maybe things have changed) and he was one of the most humble and down to earth people i've ever talked to. There are not a lot of people who stand out as being genuinely appreciative and cool, but he was one of them.

I believe I said I my prior post that they played BWBK festival a few years ago ... 2004 I think it was. That was the first and only other time that they played the US from what I understand.

That's another show Nick and I will forever kick our own asses for missing - Grave Digger, Saxon, Brainstorm, Doro, etc. Too bad we found out about it when Nick read a review of the fest the Sunday after it happened.

If it makes you feel any better Saxon wasn't on this bill :) It was a great show though.

Speaking as some who hits a lot of shows at BB Kings, I passed. Then again, I would have passed if they were playing across the street from my house, the show was free, and I had absolutely nothing to do.

As for the actual attendance number, I can't say I'm surprised. The music is generic, the lyrics are weak, the musicianship is average at best, and the vocals just may be the worst in Power Metal. I can't say I've ever met anyone who claimed to like this band. The fact that they're huge in Germany, is only further evidence that the Germans are an odd bunch. :loco:

metalsped... I think you simply have a different take on this band than most. We all have those bands that hit our sweet spot, that many others just don't get.

Zod

When I read this post the first image that popped on my head was that of Simon Cowell tearing someone's asshole in American Idol.

We should do a Prog Power Idol, with Zod in the "mean judge" role.

I love GRAVE DIGGER and was lucky enough to see them at BWBK II, but I couldn't make the N.Y. show. here's the good news, though from Bravewords.com:

GRAVE DIGGER - US Show A "Success"; Band Will Be Back
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 at 12:32:36 EST

According to GRAVE DIGGER lead singer Chris Boltendhal, the promoter of Sunday's (March 2nd) BB King's show in NYC "was totally satisfied with the show and will do another, after the new album."

In conversation with BW&BK, Boltendahl confirmed that they have 8 songs written, but not recorded, after a writing session at a Dutch studio. The plan is to record in the fall, for a January '09 release.

Thematically, the album will be another concept album. The final part of the triology is set, chronologically, between Knights Of The Cross (Templar knights) and Tunes Of War (William Wallace led Scottish fight for independence), approx. the years 1100 to 1300.

Check out a BW&BK Photo Gallery featuring pictures shot at Grave Digger's March 2nd gig at B.B. King's, at this location.

I missed the show because I'm enjoying a little vacation in Florida as I type this. I figured this would be much (MUCH) better than seeing Grave Digger in NYC...on low 20's weather or whatever you guys are getting up there.

:lol:

I missed the show because I'm enjoying a little vacation in Florida as I type this. I figured this would be much (MUCH) better than seeing Grave Digger in NYC...on low 20's weather or whatever you guys are getting up there.

:lol:
Actually Sunday afternoon/night in NY were actually pretty warm for this time of year (maybe in the 60s dropping down to 40s/mid-30s at night) ... although I'm sure that sunny Florida's weather is pretty tough to beat. :lol:

Actually Sunday afternoon/night in NY were actually pretty warm for this time of year (maybe in the 60s dropping down to 40s/mid-30s at night) ... although I'm sure that sunny Florida's weather is pretty tough to beat. :lol:

:lol: that's not bad for March, huh!?!? :lol:

It's around lower 80's all week long here. It's nice to be tanned. :headbang: