Eternity X For Prog Power 8

Do you want Eternity X at the next ProgPower?

• YES!!!!

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • NO!!!

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I Don't Care Ether Way

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Not Sure Don't Know Who They Are.

Votes: 23 25.3%

• Total voters

Mustang

The Edge
Sep 15, 2006
Tremont, IL
www.eternity-x.com
Hey guys,

I was wondering how many of you would like to see Eternity X play at Prog Power ?

I'll tell you a little bit of info for those that don't know. The band is back with a new line up that is one of the best ever! They are currently working on a new album that looks to be the best that this band has ever done.

Jeremy Richards
Coordinating Manager Of Eternity X
myspace: http://myspace.com/eternityxband

Hell yeah!
I would love for Eternity X to play. \m/

Looking forward to the new album, if its anything close to The Edge, oh man...

Thanks for the support man.

I'll put it like this. The edge is one of my all time favorite albums
and I like the new one better! It's very different. But it's so awesome!
zedowns said:
Hell yeah!
I would love for Eternity X to play. \m/

Looking forward to the new album, if its anything close to The Edge, oh man...

YtseJammer said:
There's nothing I want to see more.

Seriously, if Eternity X played the festival, I wouldn't care about the other 9 bands.

...You have reached...The Edge!

I could not have said it better myself friend. Come on Glenn. You KNOW this would be easy to pull off. Keith Sudano and a couple guys from Peoria, IL. I'll even offer to rent a van and pick them up on the way down from Chicago if you book them :lol: .

The Michael

It took hearing one song on myspace for me to say yes. Though, that one song was much more 'progressive-rock' than heavy metal. Other stuff seems to be 'heavy metal.'

So yeah I'd like to hear them. But I'd also like to hear lots of other bands. Would I choose them over those? I'm not sure. I'd have to listen 'The Edge' perhaps.

The Edge is my favorite prog metal album of all time! I have told this to Keith on numerous occassions. As for the new album being better, i hate to say this, but it is nearly impossible. And don't get me wrong, I have heard a rough version of it, and it is great, but The Edge is a masterpiece. Every band has their masterpiece, and lets be honest here, I know the idea is to push the new band and the new lineup, but lets not lose sight of how difficult it would be to top an album like The Edge.

With that said, I would pay extra to see Keith and his new band play at Prog Power. I have been dying to hear The Edge live since i first listened to it. Keith has one of the most versatile and expressive voices in the industry. I was saddened by his departure from music as I think he has one of the best vocal deliveries out there.

I can not think of a more suited place to make a return than on the PP stage. We have options here as well since the pre party has been escalated to the main stage now! If Glenn isn't sold on this revamped lineup, perhaps Shane could give them a shot to blow every one away on Thursday night at the previously know "Pre-Party"!

I need to see Eternity X!!!!!!

The Edge is my favourite prog metal album of all time.

That said, being in Europe, I'd rather see a new album from them... It's a shame they haven't found a decent label yet. A full production of that From the Ashes demo followed by a brand new studio album would rule.

batmura said:
The Edge is my favourite prog metal album of all time.

That said, being in Europe, I'd rather see a new album from them... It's a shame they haven't found a decent label yet. A full production of that From the Ashes demo followed by a brand new studio album would rule.

If Eternity X played this festival, you'd fly over from Europe just to see it...don't give me that! :heh:

Sorry for repeating nightwish58's post - I posted without reading the thread.

Also, as much as I believe in Keith Sudano, I do not think he will ever top the super brilliance of The Edge. I remember his saying From the Ashes was his best work to date, but it couldn't be released for a couple of reasons. I did buy that demo from Keith and while I think it's good there's no way it can surpass The Edge.

Still I want them to release it properly and utilise more keys on the other album. Mazur's keyboard playing is among prog's best. Cool tone, amazing phrasing and excellent textures.

YtseJammer said:
If Eternity X played this festival, you'd fly over from Europe just to see it...don't give me that! :heh:
Haha - want me to be honest about something?

I've always prefered studio albums to live shows. I've seen most of my all-time favourite prog bands live (POS, Opeth, Evergrey, DT, etc.), but I still get a much bigger enjoyment from listening to their albums.

I'm not much of a DVD person either. It's probably just me though. :loco:

Sure...as long as they don't play anything from The Zodiac...ugh what a waste of studio time. On the other hand, The Edge is very good...just not the greatest vocalist in the world, but adequate.

Most overrated prog metal album ever. I really don't get why everyone is so into this. I need to dig it out and listen to it again, just to see if I'm missing something. And wasn't there some sort of follow-up to this disc that has been postponed many, many times over the years? Or am I totally mis-remembering it?

dt

I would like to make a comment in regards to "From The Ashes"
many of you spoke of how you enjoy the demo of it but it's not as great as "The Edge". Well there's a few things to keep in mind.
1. The new band has wrote a brand new track for this album.
2. One of the things that made "The Edge" So great was the sound and effects that were added to paint the full picture. The demo didn't have those things. But the full length album will.
3.The new band will be adding their own touches to the songs as well. I have already seen small changes that have made the songs 10 x what they were on the live demo.
4.The new members have been long time fans of the band and love the previous albums and understand whats before them in this task.
5.I feel all of these guys have the skill to truly make this a great album.

Also it wouldn't be that hard to get in touch with Eternity X to book them due to the fact that all that needs to be done is for him to contact me or he can get in touch with Keith Sudano via the website.

Mustang said:
2. One of the things that made "The Edge" So great was the sound and effects that were added to paint the full picture.

Sorry to be the one to open up the can of worms... but the BIGGEST reason that The Edge was so great was the inclusion of Jimmy, Jamie, Jeff and Zeek. To this day, I refuse to believe that The Edge was 100% Keith's baby. Without those guys on board, I don't think Keith will ever top, or even come near, the brilliance of The Edge, and I'll believe it when I see it.

However, I voted "yes". I'd love to see The Edge and previous material (dating all the way back to The Never-Ending Dream, if I can have my way) played live, even if it's not by the same guys who recorded the albums.

Hey man you have a write to your own view on the matter totally.
I am sure each member added their own touches. But knowing Keith as well as I do and having worked with him I can honestly see what a large part he plays in things. To a point I personally feel he was what truly made it great.

However I would never put down the previous band members as they were all very skilled musicians. I just have a slightly different view on things is all.

Thanks!

booB said:
Sorry to be the one to open up the can of worms... but the BIGGEST reason that The Edge was so great was the inclusion of Jimmy, Jamie, Jeff and Zeek. To this day, I refuse to believe that The Edge was 100% Keith's baby. Without those guys on board, I don't think Keith will ever top, or even come near, the brilliance of The Edge, and I'll believe it when I see it.

However, I voted "yes". I'd love to see The Edge and previous material (dating all the way back to The Never-Ending Dream, if I can have my way) played live, even if it's not by the same guys who recorded the albums.

booB said:

As I mentioned above, there's nothing I'd want to see more.

That being said, I agree with your statement wholeheartedly.

In Keith's defense, however....Exhibition material was lacking (vocals, primarily).