Evil Legend Records (and a SLOUGH FEG rarity)

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I recently bought the out of print/hard to find SLOUGH FEG/SOLSTICE 7" split from Evil Legend Records. It turned up in 3 days.

a9_2.JPG

The guy who runs it is named Tim. Contact him via e-mail: evillegendrecords@hotmail.com

Here's his catalog:

ACEIUM - Wicked Metal (LP) : Pre WITCHKILLER album. Doug Adams’ first band
in 1982. Very impressive traditional 80's metal = $16
ATTACKER - Battle At Helm’s Deep : Classic 80's traditional with very unique
vocals. This is their most progressive sounding effort. = $10
BROCAS HELM - Defender Of The Crown : Classic 80's True Heavy Metal. = $11
CIRITH UNGOL - Frost And Fire : Debut effort of ground breaking 80's Doom -
Epic Metal with 70's flavor. Unique raspy vocals. = $9
CIRITH UNGOL - King Of The Dead : 2nd album = $9
DARK QUARTERER - S/T : Italian Doom - Epic Metal of the highest quality = $8
DEFENDER - Remaining Tales : 80's Speed Metal from The Netherlands. = $14
THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG - Twilight Of The Idols 70's - Celtic - Doom -
80's metal. Very unique sounding band.(Out Of Stock / Out Of Print) = $14
THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG - Down Among The Deadmen : 3rd album = $15
THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG - Traveller : 4th album. Very space rock sounding.
= $14
THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG / SOLSTICE - Split 7" = $10
MANILLA ROAD - Invasion / Metal DCD = First two albums of the Epic Metal
gods. 70's influence. = $15.50
MANILLA ROAD - Mark Of The Beast : Lost gem finally released to die hard
fans. = $12
MANILLA ROAD - Crystal Logic : 3rd album. Epic Metal with NWOBHM influence =
$12
MANILLA ROAD - Open The Gates: 4th album. Epic Metal masterpiece. = $15
MANILLA ROAD - Mystification = 6th album. Thrashy - Epic Metal. = $10
METALUCIFER - Heavy Metal Hunter : Killer Blackened NWOBHM, US Version= $11
PAGAN ALTAR - Volume 1: Debut album. Very dark NWOBHM - Doom gods. = $15
PAGAN ALTAR - Lords Of Hypocrisy : 2nd album. Killer follow - up to the
debut. = $15
SABBAT - Karisma : Japanese Version, German Import = $13
SABBAT - Satanasword : Gold Sword Cover, German Import = $13
SABBAT - Karmagmassacre : Gold Cover, German Import = $13
SABBAT - ..To Praise The Sabbatical Queen, German Import = $13
SABBAT - And The Sabbatical Queen, US Version = $11
SABBAT - Envenom, US Version = $11
SAVAGE GRACE - Master Of Disguise / The Dominatress : KILLER American Speed
Metal = $15
STORMWITCH - Walpurgis Night : German 80's traditional metal influenced by
JUDAS PRIEST = $12
STORMWITCH - Tales Of Terror : 2nd album = $12
STORMWITCH - Stronger Than Heaven 3rd album. This is the last essential
album you need. = $12
TYRANT’S REIGN - S/T: American Thrash Metal masterpiece = $12

US.
$1.50 for the first CD. $.25 for each additional CD. LPs are $2.50 a piece

Canada.
$1.75 for the first CD. $.75 for each additional CD. LPs are $3.00 a piece.

WORLD - contact me for details.

Well, you know this is of great interest to me, JK, so thanks a lot :)

Might have to wait a week or 2, but I hope the guy still has that split in stock when I can afford it!

By the way, absolutely EVERYONE should check out Pagan Altar (both releases). If you're going to check out one song, listen to "The Black Mass" on volume 1. You cannot believe how heavy this band is considering they're NWOBHM.

From Stoner Rock:

"After close to 20 years, Pagan Altar's fantastic dark heavy doom laden rock has seen the light of day. Musically Pagan Altar were heavier than Black Widow and had more in common with Witchfinder General, Zior, Elias Hulk, Bang, Pentagram and of course Black Sabbath. The seven tracks on this album are so devestatingly heavy it's almost unreal."

JayKeeley said:
That reminds me, anyone ever heard any Black Widow?
yeah, they're hella kool but unfortunately not that good (Or at least I didn't think so a few years back)... Bewitched (From here, not the chilean imposters) covered Come to the Sabbath once

Hail!

Thanks for the kind words. I try my best to ship as fast as possible. If I was smart I'd just go to the post office once a week and send off all the packages ordered that week, but I'm not. I know how it feels to wait for your package, so I'm there everyday sending out packages even if it's only 1 package. I should have a site by spring or summer to check out and hopefully if more people support the more killer stuff I can dig up for all.

My list right now is:

ACEIUM - Wicked Metal (LP) : Pre WITCHKILLER album. Doug Adams’ first band in 1982. Very impressive traditional 80's metal = $16
ATTACKER - Battle At Helm’s Deep : Classic 80's traditional with very unique vocals. This is their most progressive sounding effort. = $10
BROCAS HELM - Defender Of The Crown : Classic 80's True Heavy Metal. = $11
CIRITH UNGOL - Frost And Fire : Debut effort of ground breaking 80's Doom - Epic Metal with 70's flavor. Unique raspy vocals. = $9
CIRITH UNGOL - King Of The Dead : 2nd album = $9
DARK QUARTERER - S/T : Italian Doom - Epic Metal of the highest quality = $8
DEFENDER - Remaining Tales : 80's Speed Metal from The Netherlands. = $14
EXCITER - Heavy Metal Maniac : Re-Issue 2005 Canadian Thrash Classic = $14
EXCITER - Long Live The Loud : Re- Issue 2005 Canadian Thrash Classic = $14
FUTURE TENSE - Crossing The Swords...Again (LP) = $16
THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG - Twilight Of The Idols 70's (Out Of Stock, Out Of Print) - Celtic - Doom - 80's metal. Very unique sounding band. = $14
THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG - Down Among The Deadmen : 3rd album = $15
THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG - Traveller : 4th album. Very space rock sounding. = $14
THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG / SOLSTICE - Split 7" (Temp. Out Of Stock, more in the works)= $10
MANILLA ROAD - Invasion / Metal DCD = First two albums of the Epic Metal gods. 70's influence. = $15.50
MANILLA ROAD - Mark Of The Beast : Lost gem finally released to die hard fans. = $12
MANILLA ROAD - Crystal Logic : 3rd album. Epic Metal with NWOBHM influence = $12
MANILLA ROAD - Open The Gates: 4th album. Epic Metal masterpiece. = $15
MANILLA ROAD - Mystification = 6th album. Thrashy - Epic Metal. = $10
METALUCIFER - Heavy Metal Hunter : Killer Blackened NWOBHM, US Version= $11
PAGAN ALTAR - Volume 1: Debut album. Very dark NWOBHM - Doom gods. = $15
PAGAN ALTAR - Lords Of Hypocrisy : 2nd album. Killer follow - up to the debut. = $15
SABBAT - Karisma : Japanese Version, German Import = $13
SABBAT - Satanasword : Gold Sword Cover, German Import = $13
SABBAT - Karmagmassacre : Gold Cover, German Import = $13
SABBAT - ..To Praise The Sabbatical Queen, German Import = $13
SABBAT - And The Sabbatical Queen, US Version = $11
SABBAT - Envenom, US Version = $11
SAVAGE GRACE - Master Of Disguise / The Dominatress : KILLER American Speed Metal = $15
STORMWITCH - Walpurgis Night : German 80's traditional metal influenced by JUDAS PRIEST = $12
STORMWITCH - Tales Of Terror : 2nd album = $12
STORMWITCH - Stronger Than Heaven 3rd album. This is the last essential album you need. = $12
TYRANT’S REIGN - S/T: American Thrash Metal masterpiece = $12

US.
$1.50 for the first CD. $.25 for each additional CD. LPs are $2.50 a piece
Canada.
$1.75 for the first CD. $.75 for each additional CD. LPs are $3.00 a piece.

WORLD - contact me for details.

I'm also getting a few collector's items for the diehards VERY LIMITED:

MANILLA ROAD - Crystal Logic (original, Roadster Records) LPs = $25
MANILLA ROAD - Mystification (original, Roadster Records) LPs with original artwork. = $25

I'll have these in about a week.

SAVAGE GRACE is killer Speed Metal from California. Think sped up IRON MAIDEN that are bit on the raw side. Good vocalist, but nothing amazing.

TYRANT'S REIGN is pure thrash ala DEATH ANGEL, METALLICA, SLAYER.. etc. High falsetto screams and catchy choruses. Killer production the 80's would have died for. This album will kick the shit out of you on the first listen.

MANILLA ROAD - Open The Gates is indeed a digipack. Almost all Dragonheart CD are. This is pretty hard to find and expensive now a days, but I have plenty instock for now.

I did not even realize that "Twilight of the Idols" was an out of print rarity.

I need to get that "Open the Gates". Manilla Road rule.

By the way, for anyone that likes Slough Feg, you MUST check out Brocas Helm. Huge Scalzi influence, in both riffs and vocal delivery. Start with the debut, "Black Death".

Twilight is indeed an out of print rarity now. I just sold my last copy the other day. If I can find more I'll let you all know.

Yes, If you like SLOUGH FEG, do check out their influence BROCAS HELM. I have plenty of BROCAS HELM - Defender Of The Crown CDs. That's my favorite one. You can also check out the masters! MANILLA ROAD which also influenced BROCAS HELM and SLOUGH FEG.

Actually, BROCAS HELM's debut was "Into Battle" 1984. The first two are extremely rare and out of print. I hope these are re-pressed in the future.

Is "Black Death" rare and out of print?? Wow, I can't even remember where I got my copy now. I also have the red vinyl "Skullfucker" 7".

I'd love to get my hands on "Into Battle"....Brocas Helm are one of my best finds of the last couple of years.

JayKeeley said:
Is "Black Death" rare and out of print?? Wow, I can't even remember where I got my copy now. I also have the red vinyl "Skullfucker" 7".

I'd love to get my hands on "Into Battle"....Brocas Helm are one of my best finds of the last couple of years.

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

But I have access to getting BROCAS HELM - Black Death in Athens LP

A legendary concert of Heroic Metal, captured on this fine piece of vinyl. The first ever show of Brocas Helm outside California offered in a great layout and with a very good sound (at least for an 'official bootleg' - like Brocas Helm use to say). A real must for all real metalheads and Brocas' lunatics. Pressed in 800 copies (300 of which on blue vinyl) and there are only a few left. It contains a great insert with photos and short bio.

BROCAS HELM rules!

Would you be willing to hold over one of those "Crystal Logic" originals until you get the Slough Feg/Solstice split back in? I'd like to grab em both off you at the same time if possible.

Demilich said:
Would you be willing to hold over one of those "Crystal Logic" originals until you get the Slough Feg/Solstice split back in? I'd like to grab em both off you at the same time if possible.

Sure thing, but I cannot guarantee the 7" to be back instock. Send me an email regarding the Crystal Logic, so I can keep track of how many I have and how many I'm holding. I've already had a few people email me about holding them.

Not interested in the Mystification?