Explain your Avatar

Originally posted by Orchid
My avatar is a photo of the Crab Nebula. I chose it because it has cool colors, and because photos of nebulae are pretty much the most beautiful photos I've ever seen. It's humbling to think of gas pillars thirty light-years "tall"..

Yeah, those pics are beautiful!

Mine is an ankh. Which is an Egyptian hieroglyph meaning "eternal life."
Some people see it as a religious symbol. Some people see it as the symbol of vampires. Them having eternal life and all.......

I've also got one on a necklace that I never take off. I'd feel naked without it.

Here we see Jonathan Davis of Korn in the award winning video "Freak on a Leash." The bullet pictured is not about to smash into his face, as some of you may hope. It's a nice bullet, it just flies around the room until he sends it away by yelling at it.

Isn't Jonathan adorable? :D Maybe not in this pic......

Originally posted by Eirik
not really..

other than I'm tired of the "I was raped as a child and must proceed to make 4-5-6-7 as MANY ALBUMS AS I CAN ABOUT IT"

or whatever it is that makes their music so gloomy..

the only album that was largely about the rape was the first one.

It goes like this

1.)Self titled-Bitches about being raped/drugs
2.)Life Is Peachy-Bitches about drugs/women
3.)Follow the Leader-Bitches about women/pressures of being famous
4.)Issues-Bitches about pressures of being famous
5.)Untouchables-Bitches about pressures of life in general

I wasn't being literal...

what I meant is.. all their music is "my life is gone to shit and will remain shit!"

gets sooooo fucking tedious..

I did like their music before.. and prolly do like some songs now.. but I have no interest in music that's found it's gimmick and sticks with it...

Originally posted by Eirik
but I have no interest in music that's found it's gimmick and sticks with it...

FUCK! It's not a gimmick. It's how he feels. Would you rather someone sing about things that are false? If he sang something like "I'm so happy and everything's peachy." It would be false, and people would say Korn sold out.

He might be singing about how happy he is with is girlfriend pretty soon. He made it a point to tell us about how he's sooooooo happy with her. And everything is sooooo perfect when she's around. And how she's soooooo hot.