Favourite track off ProgPower sampler?

Sweet, I just bought that album. Hopin' it's good, though based on the sheer number of CDs I brought home, who knows when I'll get to it! :lol:

I'm most looking forward to the Wuthering Heights track on Disc I, and Katagory V track on Disc II cuz I haven't heard 'em yet (plus, this is a free plug to Dustin ;)).

Originally posted by markgugs

I'm most looking forward to the Wuthering Heights track on Disc I, and Katagory V track on Disc II cuz I haven't heard 'em yet (plus, this is a free plug to Dustin ;)).

I'll throw in another free plug :D

I heard their pre-production cd of the new material from Katagory V and it's going to be killer once they get the mix done. The new songs sound a lot better and I liked the first CD. :headbang:

Redemption - Desperation, Pt. 3

Featuring members of Fates Warning, Symphony X & Steel Prophet!

(Of course, Wicked by Symphony X is the best song on the disc, but who can compete with that?!?!?!)

A lot of the bands on the samplerreally surprised me! I of course liked the Symphony X, Blind Guardian, and Threshold songs.. other than them, I totally grooved out on the entire project!! I like it more every time I play it! Here are the notable ones in my book...

Disc I:

Dimension - Forbidden Game
Theocracy - The Serpent's Kiss (can't go wrong with a 12:00 song!)
Redemption - Desperation, Part 3
All Too Human - E-Killer (!!Rÿche!!)
Wuthering Heights - The Nevershining Stones

Disc II:

Nemesis - Predestination
Archetype - Dawning
Katagory V - Dark Night
Fahrenheit - Darkstorm
Outworld - Dominion

Wow, that was harder than I thought, even just to narrow it down by that much :-\
~Sh0k~

I THINK THE OUTWORLD TUNE IS THE BEST, GOOD SOUND VERY GOOD VOCALS, GUITAR WISE VERY POWERFUL AND TECHNICAL AND I DON'T MIND THE DRUM MACHINE BECAUSE THE TUNE IS WELL DEVELOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE MELODY FROM BEGGINING TO END.

MANTICORA VERY GOOD TOO!!!

Originally posted by sh0kr0k
A lot of the bands on the samplerreally surprised me! I of course liked the Symphony X, Blind Guardian, and Threshold songs.. other than them, I totally grooved out on the entire project!! I like it more every time I play it! Here are the notable ones in my book...

Disc I:

Dimension - Forbidden Game
Theocracy - The Serpent's Kiss (can't go wrong with a 12:00 song!)
Redemption - Desperation, Part 3
All Too Human - E-Killer (!!Rÿche!!)
Wuthering Heights - The Nevershining Stones

Disc II:

Nemesis - Predestination
Archetype - Dawning
Katagory V - Dark Night
Fahrenheit - Darkstorm
Outworld - Dominion

Wow, that was harder than I thought, even just to narrow it down by that much :-\
~Sh0k~

Theocracy sounded like something I could get into, but the drums just kills the song. They sound electronic & programmed, yet they still manage to sound off tempo (especially on the chorus (listen to that kick!)), dull, and empty.

Originally posted by zinescene
I'll throw in another free plug :D

I heard their pre-production cd of the new material from Katagory V and it's going to be killer once they get the mix done. The new songs sound a lot better and I liked the first CD. :headbang:

absolutely!

I was also present during the listening of this amazing record. This will be the one that gets them noticed!

If anyone is interested, there are free MP3 downloads of select Katagoy V material on my website.

SymphX - Wicked of course
I love the Manticora song (Cantos) as well and iTheocracy (The Serpeants Kiss) totally rules too!!!! -- Ow Ow!!! The whole CD freaking rules!!
I haven't quite made it to the second disc yet ;)

Yeah I forgot how much I really liked that Manticora song when I made my list. It fricken rocks all!!! I wonder if the rest of their stuff sounds just as great. Anyone else familiar with them?

~Sh0k~

:eek:
WOW!
:eek:

Thanks you guys!!!!
:worship:

we nearly didn't put that song on there because it's only a rough demo version from our pre-production session. Everyone was a bit nervous about releasing it, but It was that or nothing at all!

So... seeing a few of you single it out as one of your faves really makes our day! Thank you so much!!!

Hopefully if you liked "Dark Night", you'll enjoy the actual "completed" recording once it comes out early next year!

:devil:

So far for me...Outworld, Theocracy, Nemesis, Archtype & All That I Bleed are rockin' off the compilation!

Originally posted by Dustin

So... seeing a few of you single it out as one of your faves really makes our day! Thank you so much!!!

I'm glad you guys decided to place the song on the disc! I can't wait to hear the final version :] Any chance of you guys maybe playing PP4??
:)

~Sh0k~

Originally posted by sh0kr0k
I'm glad you guys decided to place the song on the disc! I can't wait to hear the final version :] Any chance of you guys maybe playing PP4??
:)

~Sh0k~

Thanks for the kind words! funny thing is... WE can't wait for the final version to come out either! :lol:
As far as Katagory V playing at PP4... I really can't say if that would ever happen or not, it would be entirely up the main margarita man himself, Glenn. :worship:

:D
Dustin

Id have to go with Manticora as well... got all 3 of their cds (the 3 that I know of) and they get my vote for next year's show!

ShokRok - ALL 3 albums are incredible... you can't go wrong..

Here's the titles.

Hyperion, 2002
Darkness With Tales To Tell, 2001
Roots of Eterniry, 1999

all courtesy of Laser's Edge booth/mail order over the past few months.

*BUMP*

Sorry, I just got around to finding my sampler. Put in a couple of huge votes (each) for Manticora, Theocracy, and Wuthering Heights. Not that I needed a few more bands whose CD's I gotta find, but damn it, it's too late for that!