Favre is a fucking Jet :\

Apparently it's easy to decide to give up doing what you love doing for a living, which is probably the only thing you're capable of. And he was fucking right to shit on his team, they deserved it. And he didn't go easy on himself during that time either.

Also, cut the bullshit about his messianic "common man" status, you should know better than to pull that stupid fucking card. I don't give a fuck about Favre any more than I do any other athlete, I just think it's stupid when people jump down famous people's throats for insignificant things, or for just being human.

When was the last time you saw a player do this to his team? I never said it was easy for him to walk away, but it seems that other players can figure these things out. He just jeopardized a very good coach and a very good GM's careers so he could play one year and finish 7-9 with New York Jets.

He didn't jeopardize shit. The only reason anybody even cares about this bullshit is because the media turned it into a soap opera. I'm surprised they didn't play dramatic music during the coverage, as if this was a serious issue. HOLY SHIT DUDE HE FUCKING TEXTED SOME DUDE FROM SOME OTHER TEAM USING A PACKERS CELL PHONE THIS IS SO DRAMATIC.

Everybody needs to stop fucking whining.

Stupid fucking thread plz close.

The only thing gay about brett is how he keeps going back and forth, other than that he's an ok dude and I hope he has success elsewhere

He's on the 3rd best team in his division. Also, everyone seems to forget that the 2 years prior to last, he led the league in interceptions. I expect a return to those glory years from Brett. He's throwing to Laverneus Coles and Jericho Cotchery, with D'Brikishaw blocking his blind side, which means he'll get pretty friendly with the Meadowlands grass.

What's up with this guy Favre?? He just keeps coming back for more. Kind of like a crackwhore.

Plus he's 38, soon he's going to go through menopause.

I agree, he is talented, but he's getting a little rusty. Plus he cried when he last retired. That's a true role model. Let's put him on The View.

If the Jets are successful this year and Aaron Rodgers struggles through a losing season, one, if not both, will lose their job.

I doubt it. Rodgers is an untested rookie and probably will struggle at some point in the season. I'm hoping he's not absolutely atrocious

I seriously don't know why so many people are so vehemently attacking Brett Favre. What exactly did he do that was so bad? Also, you have to blame the media for the homosexually obscene amount of coverage that the whole issue has received. That's not Favre's fault.

Why are you all hating on Favre? He didn't do anything wrong I don't think. So he retired prematurely big deal. People make mistakes all the time, and he definitely isn't perfect. He's the best QB the Packers have ever had, and now you are all turning your back on him just because he wants to do something he loves? Who is really the primmadonna here?

As for him going to the Jets, I like it. Now the Cheatriots will have some competition for once and it won't be so easy for them to just steamroll through that shitty division. Go Jets!

Favre retired prematurely, and basically said there was no chance he was coming back. Then he turns around and expects to walk back into a starting job after the team had no choice but to move on? That's bullshit imo, and it's also bullshit how he could expect to be traded to a north division team.

Good for Brett, hope he does well playing for the Jets and takes them to more than 4 wins. :) He probably would've ended up starting for Green Bay had this not happened.

I'm blaming him because every year he keeps the Packers in limbo about whether he's going to come back or not, keeping them confused about what exactly they're supposed to do. He spent the whole preseason last year ripping his teammates, saying they didn't have enough talent, but everyone just gives him a free pass. This, though... this is the worst of them all. He comes back and puts McCarthy and Thompson in such a precarious position that now their careers are in jeopardy based on this decision. He doesn't care about anyone else but himself, and he's nothing but and egocentric asshole. I don't understand why Favre gets a free pass no matter what he does. I guess it's because he relates to the common man, and everyone loves that, or maybe it's because he looks like he has fun when he plays. Whoop-dee-do, he plays a fucking game for a living, he should be having fun.

edit: as a Cowboy fan, though.. I thank him for all that he has done. Including his 0-9 record at Texas Stadium.

you are just talking out of your ass and you know it

Let's not forget the true victim in all of this, Chad Pennington. I'm going to miss that guy. He was usually good for a couple of TD passes to the Patriots every year. If only he had stayed healthy he could've been sacked even more. It's a shame.

@ Cookie
Yeah thats ashame :lol:

Don't worry, Mr. "I'm going to retire - I mean throw my own pity party" Favre...he's been known to force it in there, the int's should continue against the Pats d-fense.

@ KD
Don't be going off topic again now just to take a shot...
shouldn't you be going after Charger fans now?