Female Fronted Bands

I can tell you stuff ive heard of but im not a fan of female vocals unless its like celine dion or something but...

Theres this band called Delight its like goth metal, um Ambeon if you havent heard of it already its old but it has an amazing 14 year old girl singin on it with arjen anthony lucasson doing the instruments and stuff. i actually like that one.

Yeah, ive been a big help :p

Well, Within Temptation, definitely. *sigh* Sharon Den Adel . . . .*sigh*

After Forever are good, too.

If you're looking for something that's actually metal, instead of the usual female-fronted boring goth... try Amaran's "A World Depraved"

My favorite female fronted band is After Forever. Really progressive gothic metal with great atmosphere. Within Temptation is good as well, but I like Floor Jansen (After Forever) even better than Sharon.

I also like rather "conventional" gothic metal bands like Tristania and Sins of thy Beloved. The latest Tristania album is quite variable and much better than their earlier stuff imo.

Rhapsody's not female-fronted, unless you're making a joke about Fabio's vocals.

You might be thinking of Labyrinth perhaps, though I think she's not in the band anymore.

As for the thread, Arch Enemy!

Uhm... Dark Moor should be a spanish power metal band with female singer (i listened only once, it should be quite ok if i remember) and an italian band called White Skull (haven't ever heard any cd so i can't judge, i know that recently the singer left the band and was replaced by a man so u have to check the previous albums) also Haggard - Awaking the centuries (if i remember right the album name) has both female (kinda operistic) and male (growling) vocals. Hope it was useful. :)

Thanks guys, I heard Floor on the Star One album and that sounded really good. I also found one Within Temptation song which also sounded great. I'll get around to the rest later. I also edited out the horrible Rhapsody joke :(

Originally posted by Tyrion
My favorite female fronted band is After Forever. Really progressive gothic metal with great atmosphere. Within Temptation is good as well, but I like Floor Jansen (After Forever) even better than Sharon.

Isn't she just awesome?

My favs:

-After Forever: Floor...you will be mine.

-Within Temptation: Beautiful music, beautiful voice, no growling (on 'Mother Earth').

-Lana Lane: more 'typical rock' on some tunes, but her contributions to the Ayreon albums are great.