Female Fronted Bands

I heard some stuff from a female fronted band called Magica that seemed pretty good.

Also, probably one of my favorite female fronted bands that has not been mentioned here is Luna Mortis (formerly known as Ottoman Empire); however, unfortunately they were dropped by Century Media after the release and tour for their first major label release under the name Luna Mortis. The worst part is shortly after they broke up. I don't understand why they didn't do well? The vocals are a 50/50 mix of clean and growls while the music is a mix of power and thrash with even some proggy moments. I thought it was good stuff at least...

I'm more into female singers that have a little bit of an edge to them - not necessarily death vocals, but more power than the typical "opera singers" most people have come to expect from female fronted metal bands. Here are a few of my favorites female fronted metal bands that haven't already been mentioned on this thread:

Triosphere

Crystal Viper

Benedictum

Shadowside

Beautiful Sin (featuring Uli Kusch and members of Pagan's Mind)

Dreamaker

Last edited by a moderator:
THe first three songs are more like it, that death and black stuff is total crap, talentless crap, the more I sample however many seconds I can stand of various clips the worse it gets.

Bobbi beat me to the Triosphere plug! The new cd by them SLAYS!!!!!
Love it!

Also, there is Sister Sin...

I've heard that Beautiful Sin album before and it just didn't grab me. But to me, the real standouts posted above are Triosphere and Shadowside. Good stuff.

Now part of me is a sucker for female fronted bands with a gothic/new wave twist.

The band The Birthday Massacre are from Canada and while I haven't really been able to get into the other stuff I've heard by them, I really really love this song.
Love the verses, love the pre-chorus, and love the chorus.

Blutengel are from Germany and they have both a male and a female vocalist. Think Type O' Negative meets Berlin. Some songs have only the female, others the male, and still others, both. This song I'm posting has both singers performing but it is just so fucking good.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V804CKT0C8&feature=PlayList&p=97A739E76829C43A&playnext_from=PL&index=67[/ame]

Floor Jansen
Anneke Van Giersbergen
Lana Lane
Heather Findlay
Irene Jansen (in Human Equation and Live on Earth)

Most any female vocalist Arjen gets for his project I like, he has a good eye for talent imo

Paatos is pretty good. "Falling" is a nice song.

Other bands who haven't been mentioned:

Hard 8(NOT the band on Youtube - think Saraya meets Pat Benatar)
Calathea(think Heart meets Saraya[see a pattern here?])
This song is so darkly rich I get goosebumps.

Devay
Laos
Toss'N'Turn

I dont have the CD but was turned on to this on the oldschool forum. While I could critisize it abit, mainly for too much reliance on the hook I dig the vib and like where this girl is commin from.

call me gay but when this came on the radio I had the seat just a rockin, so much old pop metal vib with some new sound and it just rocks, plus has that youthful Heart vib

did I just mention Heart ?... fo-shame fo-shame you old fart. Just listen to that '77 pre Maiden chug

Had a dream once I married Nancy but she divorced me and I woke up....

Floor Jansen (After Forever), Julie Kiss (To-Mera) and Anneke Van Giersbergen. That pretty much sums up what I listen to at the moment.

Ok, so Classical Conspiracy by Epica is by far the best thing ever released with female behind the mic. Fullstop.