Final 2 Headliners

I agree totally, Iced Earth 50% chance Within Temptation 100% chance, Rhapsody 75% chance.

I kind of doubt Within Temptation. They may be at the point where they're just a little too big for the fest AND that Roadrunner (as someone mentioned in another prediction thread) isn't going to bother "preaching to the converted" when they can sell well on their own.
I heard someone mentioning Symphony X but I hope not in all honesty.
Also, unless Glenn's roster hints are void, he did said there would be two returning bands. Thus far I believe we only have one with JOP.
I'm personally not a big fan of Rhapsody but I might be able to convince my friend Dave to go if they don't do any other dates or are opening for another band but headline PP.
And didn't Glenn say no chance for Iced Earth in some post where he also mentioned no chance for Pyramaze, Tarot and some other bands for next year?

Considering the money saved so far (with few bands commanding top dollar to play), I expect something "bigger"....

Ayreon.

Sure, it's a logistical nightmare. However, half of the singers/band has performed here (Floor, Allen, Wilson, Swano..) and I would imagine Arjen would be happy to do it, if the price was right and everyone was available.

As for the other, I'm expecting Iced Earth or Symphony X.

Considering the money saved so far (with few bands commanding top dollar to play), I expect something "bigger"....

Ayreon.

Sure, it's a logistical nightmare. However, half of the singers/band has performed here (Floor, Allen, Wilson, Swano..) and I would imagine Arjen would be happy to do it, if the price was right and everyone was available.

As for the other, I'm expecting Iced Earth or Symphony X.

Granted he has more sponsor support for it but remember he's spreading money across 12 bands this year instead of 10 with a minimal rise in ticket price on top of the ridiculous rising hotel prices. Plus, he basically just confirmed there will be two power headliners and that completely tosses Ayreon out.
If he really wants to do an Ayreon/Star One set one day, something similar to the all star jam would be perfect. Get Arjen over and then any singer performing Th-Sa can participate. Doesn't necessarily have to be singers from past projects though that would be preferable.

Folks;

No way in hell does Rhapsody play ProgPower. Their is a better chance of the Anti-Defamation League hosting a dinner-concert with Prussian Blue as the headliner than Rhapsody playing PPUSA. No way does Luca lower (in his mind) himself to play in a thousand-seat auditorium. Furthermore, Glenn could not afford the fee unless he gets MAJOR sponsorship ("COUGH" Coke "COUGH"). Now, if Glenn cannot afford Advantasia, how is he going to afford Rhapsody or Ayreon?

Within Temptation is even less likely. Again, WT has gotten too big. And, Roadrunner would frown on them playing PPUSA. Iced Earth is a non-starter, Would not be advantageous to them.

I honestly believe that JOP is one of the headliners. The other will be Angra. No way does Glenn bring back Evergrey so soon. I do think Dream Evil is a possibility as a number 5, but Glenn hates DE. I doubt Kamelot will be on the bill because most can see them anyways. There is a decent possibility of Stratovarius making a return. But, I think the two bands left will be Angra as the headliner. JOP is your other headliner. And, I will go out on a limb and say Masterplan will be the other band as a number 4.

Peace,
Ray C.

Well I consider myself more power than prog but I love both...So if I had to make a wish list it would be...
1. Gamma Ray
2. Nevermore
3. Rhapsody ( I saw them with Manowar and they by far stole the show and would KILL with a headlining set!)
4. Demons & Wizards (I love the newer albums Dark Tower themed songs)

Oh, what the hell.......I think we're all going to be in for a big surprise or two for the headliners. Therefore, I will hazard a guess which will no doubt be shot down faster than a clay pigeon. :lol:

Iced Earth
Manowar

Laugh if you want but I think where Glenn is concerned we can expect the unexpected and something BIG! I think he's going to knock one or two right out of the ol' ballpark.

:headbang:

Folks;

No way in hell does Rhapsody play ProgPower. Their is a better chance of the Anti-Defamation League hosting a dinner-concert with Prussian Blue as the headliner than Rhapsody playing PPUSA. No way does Luca lower (in his mind) himself to play in a thousand-seat auditorium. Furthermore, Glenn could not afford the fee unless he gets MAJOR sponsorship ("COUGH" Coke "COUGH"). Now, if Glenn cannot afford Advantasia, how is he going to afford Rhapsody or Ayreon?

No way in hell Rhapsody is more expensive than Avantasia or Ayreon. At least, I don't think.

Everyone hoping/thinking Rhapsody.. :(
I HOPE TOO!!!!! :worship:
:cry:

They opened for Manowar playing places like Palladium. Places that Nightwish & Sonata Arctica headline on their own.

I still do not believe that Rhapsody will play here. Luca Turilli is too full of himself for that to happen.