Let's review previous statements...

I agree that the lineup is the strongest ever, at least in terms of the bands having wide appeal. Most PPs have featured at least a couple of bands that a decent sized portion of the audience didn't care for. If last year was the most controversial lineup ever, this year is the safest, least offensive lineup ever.
Suprisingly a lot of my buddies who I would expect to like this lineup think it's among the worst yet. I think some of it has to do with Sonata Arctica being the main headliner. Most of my buds aren't fans, and neither am I. Outside of that one band I don't have much of a beef. I think the lineup is solid overall. Based on my personal tastes it would rank in the middle tier of past Prog Powers. I've been to all of them, so this years lineup has a lot of past competition to deal with.

PP2 is still my favorite of the whole bunch. The bands on that bill were right at their peak, and just exciting overall. It was the first year in Atlanta ... I was a stranger in a strange land, and it was a cool feeling.

Britt

Isn't that the whole point of PPUSA? Bringing bands to North America that don't normally get the exposure they so richly deserve? Proving to them that they do have a North American fanbase?

By this statement, only bands that tour NA and sell well should be booked?

Not at all. You did an extremely poor job of reading my comments.

I don't see anything wrong with giving those bands who don't tour here a chance, but I personally think that they should not be playing over bands who have toured the states and have amassed a larger fanbase/album sales. And no, this isn't some self-righteous ego trip, this is just how it normally works in the music business.

As I said before, I did nothing but throw in my two cents. For the trillionth time, I love this lineup- I might even go myself- but I was merely expressing why I don't think this year will sell out instantly like alot of you think.

Great lineup so far. Period. This biz of the .00037% compainers (that's a complainer who is essentially a real pain) is always to be expected, but if the compainers wanna be treated as if their little buzz is generally accepted, they'll just haveta wait in line outside in a blizzard. The idea, as Glen said, is to bring bands over from Europe who've not yet saturated the states, to in essence introduce them to us. Going by albums sales and huge buzz here isn't the concept. Anyone who wants to start another ozzfest can disagree and go with that concept. Enjoy yourself among 20,000 screaming sweaty Korn fans. We, in the meantime, will be at PP enjoying what we consider the best gig for the dough in the states. :kickass: :headbang:

I really REALLY doubt it's PoS... Daniel pulled off of the Flower King's tour because he wouldn't give his print at the airport... he made a big deal about it and I doubt they'll play the US for now...

Not at all. You did an extremely poor job of reading my comments.

I do quite a few things poorly...reading for comprehension isn't one of them.

You're entitled to your opinions, as are we all...I was just cutting through the BS and pointing out your flawed perception...hehe.

Rock on!

OK
maybe I'm reading way too much into this
create a headliner
could it be Glenn is trying to create(or recreate) a lineup,reunion of sorts
remember,we have a rumored on again off again Crimson Glory reunion,and seeing as its not confirmed,its that way becasue Midnight is a wild card in every sense(and seeing as they only have 2 CDs-even though most of Astronomica was supposed to be origionally on Strange and Beautiful?)
Maybe he's trying to get Kai Hanson and Kiske in the same room?
Maybe he's trying to get a Psycotic Walts reunion(that would certainly fall under the WTF category)
Maybe a Lethal reunion?
Just trying to think a bit out of the box

Add Aryeon to my post for creating a headliner,as he would be littereally be creating a band around a musician

Hmmm.Jag Panzer.......
definitely fits the "making a headliner" category,a lot would argue that they are not Headliner material,have been rather quiet for a few years show wise,nice deep back catelogue,
and seeing as this show is so strong lineup wise top to bottom,putting an "iffy" headliner won't kill sales
I'd personally be a bit dissapointed if this is the band Glenn is talking about,not because I don't like them,on the contrary,they are an amazing band live,seen them 3 times,but because I feel Glenn is trying to dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s with something special,and needs a bit more time to make sure all parties are going to be there.
But Jag Panzer is always welcome to any Metal Fest I go to(or to play within a driving radius of where I'm at at that time)

Hmmmm..... what about Jag Panzer?
I think they would be a great fit. There was talk of them wanting to do a DVD shoot somewhere ... maybe Prog Power would be a good fit for everyone invovled.

I love their last disc .. Casting The Stones, and I'm a big fan of Thane To The Throne. All in all I'd be very happy to see them added to the fest.

Britt

I have been thinking about this since it was posted...
If by "create a headliner" Glenn means take a band that is "up and coming" that many people may not have heard of but may blow the audience away, I think that could be risky as the last slot of the feststival. People who are not hardcore fans of the band could decide to start partying early and then we will have another Rage situation....

Regardless, I'm sure Glenn has thought this all through...

I also agree that ElvenKing would be awesome (and serve as the oddball).

I'd love to see Heavenly too, but I don't think they'd get a high slot.

Robin

If PoS is named to that last spot I can guarentee that I will get an early start on the after fest party scene. I know a lot of people love them, but an equal or larger amount can't stand them. I think people would leave in droves, but hey, what do I know?

Britt

I would be in that drove with you bro. Boring as all of hell...

So far, this is one of the best lineups ever put together for any festival. Nice job, Glenn my man!

Brian

If none of the bands I cited are being considered, how about GREEN CARNATION?

I guess they fit a number of the statements. They were at a small club in Albany and there was probably 20 people in attendence. I think there could have been more if it wasn't for the horrible wind/snowstorm that night. I'm amazed I made it to the venue alive.
I'd really love to see LOD,DOD in full but they already did that not too long ago.

I would love to see Jag Panzer. They're suffering from the Nevermore effect (a band who should headline but doesn't) moreso than NM themselves. They have a long history of cool albums but not the deserved amount of attention. Having them in a high slot would increase my hopes to attend a fest I already want to go to anyway.

I really REALLY doubt it's PoS... Daniel pulled off of the Flower King's tour because he wouldn't give his print at the airport... he made a big deal about it and I doubt they'll play the US for now...

I think that requirement has since been dropped by CIS. I just can't see PoS being booked due to all the haters. They might or might not be hugely numerous, but they ARE loud. For perspective, I'm a big PoS fan and already sponsored them once....and I can't see them co-headlining this year.