for car lovers.... and even carnut

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
carnut's post on the ZZtop forum gave me an idea most here would be able to dig. Most of us here drive so we alll must have cars we like. They can be new, old or whatever.

My faves:

Good ole American muscle....

1968 Corvette with an LT1 350
1955 Chevy Bel-Air

German cars........

Porsche 356 Speedster
Late 60's -early 70's VW Karmann Ghia cabriolet (convertible)

newer cars......

Mazda Miata
Chrysler Town and Coutry minivan

Don't pick at the minivan or I'll run over you with mine. That thing is a party on wheels !!

Bryant

Great thread!
I would go with a 70's Chevelle.
I love muscle cars. I get a kick from the
kids & not so kids & their four door
japanese made coupes that they
deck out. I really hate those "erector"
spoilers that they put on those things...
Looks like they made in in school...
I used to have a death trap on wheels,
a fucking Corvair...
Put way too much time & money on that damn thing...
What a shit car that was.

I'm not big on those new Jap imports either, but I do like the Miata and that Mitsubishi Spider. I drove a Miata just for the hell of it when I was shopping for an SUV or van and man was it sweet.

Bryant

1968 RS/SS Camaro with a 396/Muncie Rock Crusher 4 speed and 3.73 posi rear end!

OR

1969 ZL-1 Camaro with 427/Muncie Rock Crusher 4 speed and 4.10 in the rear end.

Can't beat classic American MUSCLE!!!

Fuck those "fast and the furious" shitboxes with their fucking lawnmower engines and stupid loud exhaust pipes, and the clowns that drive them! :yuk: :puke:

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Car threads, I love 'm ..... :loco:

I also love American muscle,
my favs are:
1970-71 Dodge Dart Swinger 340
1969 Dodge Charger (sold mine last year :cry: )
1934 Ford 3 window rod
1970 Chrysler 300 2dr
so lotta Mopar as you see...

I started off my oldtimer "carriere" with some German iron ,
had several bugs and a '66 VW bus, which was way cool.
other nice oldies I once owned are a 1960 Thunderbird, a '74
Charger and the 69 Charger RT (440 fuckin cubics of power).
I still feel stupid that I sold the Charger, it just was the money thing you know..

Cars I have now
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr (nearly ready for paintjob)
see pics @
http://users.pandora.be/gert.ouderits/carz/pics1.html

1952 Bel air (becoming a chopped sled, busy now with the top-chop)
see pics @
http://users.pandora.be/gert.ouderits/carz/pics.html

My daily driver is a 1999 Chrysler (Dodge in USA) Stratus.

As for daily driver my dreamcar now is a Dodge Ram, maybe
in a few years I'll import one from the USA, they are as expensive
as Porsches here...

I really love those big cars from the 30. The one with the platform on the side of them and the white bands on their tires.

I don't know any models. I like style of the 30. Art Deco has to be my favorite style of decorating buildings. If you are ever in New York check out the Crysler Building from the inside. You will not believe your eyes.

I also like the buildigs of Frank LLoyd Wright. He was a master builder. My favorite Wright building is "Falling Water"

forum-fallingwater.gif

Although the 30 in the US was for many people a very hard time its spledor has become the stuff of legends.

Yeah Clammy, I'm not big on those Japanese imports either, but I do like the Miata and that Mitsubishi Spider. Have you seen those spiders ? Those Miata's are borderline being to small for me as I am a tall guy, but those spiders are ssswwwweeeetttt !!!

Bryant

carnut said:
Car threads, I love 'm ..... :loco:

I also love American muscle,
my favs are:
1970-71 Dodge Dart Swinger 340
1969 Dodge Charger (sold mine last year :cry: )
1934 Ford 3 window rod
1970 Chrysler 300 2dr
so lotta Mopar as you see...

I knew you would be the big dog of this thread. Great rides. I love my Chrysler mini-van. When the wheels fall off of it, I will buy another one. Of course that Karmann Ghia cabriolet is on my want list. I want a tyellow one with a black top. ^___^

Bryant

Bryant said:
Of course that Karmann Ghia cabriolet is on my want list. I want a tyellow one with a black top. ^___^

Bryant

My boss at work has a VERY nice yellow Karmann with black top...I'll ask him a pic and send it to you... Nice car, but the downside is that they are pretty expensive, for the same price (over here anyway) you can buy a 70's Corvette.

Just look at mi signature (but I want it in black not red, and without the chick:loco: )

Besides (my other dream machines):

Ferrari Testarossa 1984
84_TESTAROSSA_r.jpg

MG TC 1947
collinsbmw.jpg

Mercedez-Benz 1970 Experimentalfahrzeuge C 111/II
13636_19069_410_230_2_1_2_1_1_typ_expirimental.jpg

Jeep Willys 1942

1942.FQ.jpg

As for dream cars (those you cannot buy, except if you win a lottery or play in a
million $$ band like Clammy :loco: )
my top favorit is the one even a lottery winner will have to spend all his
money on, a 1930's Bugatti Atlantic. Hawk, if you ever need something "art deco", this is the top...
Rear vieuw is coolest, like Batman's 1930's ride... Not a car, a sculpture...
pbc2003.1-115.jpg

Autostadt22.jpg

some more of those streamliner cars :
Peugeot 1938
peugeot%201938.jpg

1937 Delahaye
rod01-06s.jpg

1938 Talbot-Laga
rod01-05.jpg

But still, this is the babe I need and gonna get one of these years.
a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger. My Dad had the same car when I was little, but a GT, had the
smallest engine available (170 Cu or 2.7 liter). This one has a "little" more beef under the hood.
(340 Cu or 5.4 liter). The light blue beneath one even has a
440 inside (7.2 liter, 400 horses or so :yow: )
MySwinger1.jpg

70dartswinger2.jpg

Okay, now it's up to you guys again, I can keep a car thread like this up for years...

carnut:

As for dream cars (those you cannot buy, except if you win a lottery or play in a million $$ band like Clammy :loco: )

my top favorit is the one even a lottery winner will have to spend all his
money on, a 1930's Bugatti Atlantic. Hawk, if you ever need something "art deco", this is the top...

Rear vieuw is coolest, like Batman's 1930's ride... Not a car, a sculpture...
pbc2003.1-115.jpg

OMG I am drooling at the mouth here!! Wow wow!!

Autostadt22.jpg

some more of those streamliner cars :
Peugeot 1938
peugeot%201938.jpg

1937 Delahaye
rod01-06s.jpg

O yesss I even like the color, can you believe that??
tickled.gif

1938 Talbot-Laga
rod01-05.jpg

What a classy car ;)
You gotta love these old timers. Well, at least I do ha ha.

you would!

my faves-tvr griffith 500.dont know if you guys have seen tvr's,they are a small british manufacturer-john trvolta drove one in swordfish.very sleek and sporty,but totally unreliable.
sadly,with a big family,i have to settle for my chrysler grand voyager-i think you stateside guys call them grand caravans.i'm not sure though.

carnut said:
My boss at work has a VERY nice yellow Karmann with black top...I'll ask him a pic and send it to you... Nice car, but the downside is that they are pretty expensive, for the same price (over here anyway) you can buy a 70's Corvette.
Around here a Ghia Cabriolet goes for about $5000-7000 in decent shape. Vettes are more expensive unless they are the C4 body style like 83 up until 94 when they changed to the C5. I love vettes, but I would rather have one Ghia than two vettes in that body style. I like the C1 and C3 body styles. (54-62 and 68-82)
BTW I am envious of your boss. Yellow is the perfect color for that Ghia body style or for a vette or even a Camaro. In fact I think "Corvette yellow" is a well known color here in the states.

Bryant

baldyboy said:
you would!

my faves-tvr griffith 500.dont know if you guys have seen tvr's,they are a small british manufacturer-john trvolta drove one in swordfish.very sleek and sporty,but totally unreliable.
sadly,with a big family,i have to settle for my chrysler grand voyager-i think you stateside guys call them grand caravans.i'm not sure though.

Never saw one in person but I am a Gran Turismo fab (video game) and they offered that model. I "own" one in the game but I don't know if I ever raced it.

Bryant

I can't drive but my car of choice would be a porche 911 with rear spoiler. Not as much detail as some of you guys but maybe when I learn to drive I will find out more about the type of car. Until then I will stick with just loving the look of the car and I would prefer a bike anyway again cosmetic reasons dictate it would be a Kawasaki cause I love the colour schemes they use but I would also like a Harley with a custom painted tank. Got a book full of art work and some of the tanks look really great.

Metal Dog said:
I can't drive but my car of choice would be a porche 911 with rear spoiler.

Great taste for a non-driver. Those 911s are bad-ass. Porsche has been making them since the dinasours were on earth and they keep improving them. While they aren't a rare car, you get a good car for the money. I can't afford one, but it would certainly be more affordable than say a Ferrari. Those things perform as well.

Bryant