For those wondering about Powerwolf...

Because we were talking about a single festival appearance, not a tour?

PS - Nice personalization though. It's a known fact that Uncle Barack hates metal and personally approved the metal band touring tax.

I am sorry that you two did not get the sarcasm. It could have been Uncle Bill or Uncle George if they were still in power. I fine it a lot more humorous to personalize it rather than calling it a nameless, faceless government. As for the "metal tax" Marillion posted a youtube diatribe a while back asking us to contact Congress to get the law changed if we wanted them to actively tour the US. It came down getting raped the 30% off the top. Add in everything else, and you can see why few want to tour here.

I am sorry that you two did not get the sarcasm. It could have been Uncle Bill or Uncle George if they were still in power. I fine it a lot more humorous to personalize it rather than calling it a nameless, faceless government. As for the "metal tax" Marillion posted a youtube diatribe a while back asking us to contact Congress to get the law changed if we wanted them to actively tour the US. It came down getting raped the 30% off the top. Add in everything else, and you can see why few want to tour here.

So why exactly did you feel it necessary to turn this into a political thread?

It's the fucking liberals' fault that Falconer has never played ProgPower, that Andre won't reunite with Angra and that my latte doesn't taste that great this morning... GOD DAMN UNCLE BARACK CAN DO NOTHING RIGHT.

Signed,

-Pissed Off Conservative

I'll be an armchair QB and say that I feel it's a mistake that Powerwolf won't entertain any offers to play in the states. I honestly feel like they'd catch on over here fairly quickly, even moreso than Sabaton. We like our horror themed stuff...me included! :zombie:

Maybe King Diamond needs to take them out on the road state side! Now that would be a cool show!

~Brian~

3tm4dw.jpg

I
Maybe King Diamond needs to take them out on the road state side! Now that would be a cool show!

~Brian~

That would be way more than cool. My favorite band with one of the best up and coming bands.

Also to chime in on the touring issue. The state of metal in the US sucks!!!! It is so hard for a European band to even break even let alone make in money. How many regular shows have you been to that are not sold out or even close to being full? Get the drift? And doing only one show at a small festival just isn't going to cut it. And before I get jumped on; I don't mean to insult anyone. But ProgPower is considered as small festival. There just isn't any way you can offer enough money to intice someone who doesn't want to be away from home.

Also, someone mentioned using this as a vacation. Who in their right mind would want to vacation in Atlanta? Oh yeah I went there LOL.

I really feel bad for these bands playing to hardly anyone in the audience. Most of us either hear the stories or we witness it. So I would not blame any Euro band who doesn't come over here. Cost of the flight times X band members, visas, transportation while they're here, taxes, blah blah blah. And labels don't do much tour support anymore. Then often playing to a 3/4 empty house? Sure, I'd love to see Powerwolf at PP, and I certainly hope at some point they do come over. But I also understand it's a huge step for them to undertake.