"From the Vault" YouTube Video Series

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
Today we begin our "From the Vault Series" of videos from past ProgPower USA performances!

First up, Devin Townsend at ProgPower USA III in 2002

More to come as I continue to find dusty, non-labeled DVDs buried deep within Glenn's office. And also as I continue to learn the PITA craft of video editing. ;)

~Jen

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, wait you're posting previously unreleased video footage?:O

Yep, that's the plan. Our goal is to release a few.. maybe 1 a week. It took me 3 hours to get the Devin set uploaded, so please bear with us!

~Jen

Yep, that's the plan. Our goal is to release a few.. maybe 1 a week. It took me 3 hours to get the Devin set uploaded, so please bear with us!

~Jen
Very cool, thanks for doing this!

There are a lot of moments I'd love to re-live from past fests, but one in particular I'd love to see is a video of Tommy singing "Eden Echo" in 2010? We got to see it again this year, and there are videos of him doing it on YouTube from other shows, but there was really something magical about his guest spot that year.

Not uploaded by us, and it's been out there a while, but here's an oldie - from November 2001 at ProgPower USA II
Symphony X - Egypt

~Jen

Today we give you our 2nd video in our "From the Vault Series" of videos from past ProgPower USA performances
Here's Evergrey's "End of Your Days" in 2003

~Jen

If there's any footage of Superior from 2001 that would be GRAND :)

In case you haven't already seen this video.. It wasn't published by us, but here's a Superior video. It's been within our Past ProgPower USA Footage YouTube playlist for a while now. ;)

~Jen

Not uploaded by us, and it's been out there a while, but here's another oldie - from November 2001 at ProgPower USA II
Nightingale - Deep Inside of Nowhere

~Jen

We now present our third video in our "From the Vault" series:
ProgPower USA VIII hosted After Forever's USA debut in Atlanta on October 6, 2007

~Jen

If you would like additional videos to be unveiled, please like/watch/share! It takes an incredible amount up time to process/edit/upload these videos - thank you!

The lack of views/response is exactly why Glenn, Deron and I threw in the towel on this in 2010.

Quote from the thread below: "Deron worked really hard on uploading these performances to YouTube a few months back. The work involved did not reflect the response received."
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/626508-progpower-usas-youtube-channel.html

~Jen

Today we added our 4th video in our "From the Vault" series

~Jen

Thanks for posting these videos, Jen!

I've been checking periodically for new ones, and in hopes of keeping this thread alive, I have some comments for a few of them:

Symphony X--These guys are always a top notch live band, and this video reminds me that there are so many great songs from their back catalog that they've swept under the rug in the past seven years or ignored completely.

Superior--I remember looking forward to this band's performance, and they certainly didn't disappoint. However, they were the goofiest looking bunch who didn't intend on looking goofy that I've ever seen on that stage. A lot of bands have a certain "look" to go with their music, but these guys look like they threw on whatever was clean in their closets!

Nightingale--It's an absolute shame that these guys have never come back to the festival, as they were super tight. I remember Dan Swano hanging out with anybody and everybody who wanted to meet him that weekend.

Pain Of Salvation--This band is musical perfection live. I know that Gildenlow has ruffled a lot of feathers over the years, not to mention that Gildenlow is the only guy from this video that's still in the band, but I would give my left nut to see another performance by them. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the additional video at the end was a pleasant surprise as well.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Hey, Metal66!

Watch the Pain Of Salvation video all the way through and your wish will be granted. I don't think it was intentional, but the second half of that video is from Threshold's set.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I'll be back for the ones I haven't gotten a chance to see yet. Loved the ones I did get to watch, Devy (fucking loon!), After Forever, PoS/Threshold, and Evergrey. I was really happy to see the PoS, because I'll never get to see that era live, and it's the one I love. Early PoS is so amazing.

We are pleased to present the 5th video in our "From the Vault" series.. uploaded today - Threshold at PPUSA III in 2002