Furious with the Artmore

BABS

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
Well gang, Babs will NOT be at the Artmore this year. I cannot begin to tell you what bullshit hell it has been with trying to get my reservation squared away. All those months of calling and being told their "system wasn't booking that far in advance" yadda yadda yadda. Well I do book a suite there for myself and my daughter, and I made a point to call once a month to make sure this was in check. Which it was. What they failed to mention to me was the 30 day in advance thing. Now when I originally booked I asked them "Do you require 30 day advance booking like last year" I was told no and since I was arriving on the 12th of September it could be paid in full then. I had no problem with that being that I had a direct deposit coming in on that same day and it could cover the four days.

Today I log into my bank account to see that the Artmore took $74.66 out of my account. For what I had no clue, so then I called and got Scott on the phone who was puzzled that the whole $900 whatever wasn't taken out. That's when I was like "What?" So then I told them I had asked at the time of booking if they were doing the 30 day advance thing again and there was no indication of that." So then he transfers me to another person who starts yammering that this is the policy for all Progpower attendees, etc.

I was so pissed with the runaround (which I have had since last year) that I have canceled out the reservation. I am done!

Bumping this up so that fellow attendees can read and be warned! So angry, so f-king angry right now it's not even funny!

I also don't understand "bumping" a thread 51 minutes after creating it. I thought Bumps were for threads that got buried in time... :lol:

Hey Babs... that truly sucks. Hopefully you can find accommodations that work even better.

On Sunday I saw that there were two charges on my Amex, in excess of $1,000, for each of my rooms. When I called to question the amount, I discovered they were charging me for 5 nights, instead of 4. They have since reversed the portion of the charge that was in error.

I got the runaround from them, too. When I asked (months ago) about the "sign-up/wait-list" sheet we signed last year to reserve a room, the person I spoke with at Artmore said that literally every single staff member is new since last year and they knew nothing about it. Lovely.

After that, I gave up and just made a reservation at the Marriott, but then called Artmore a few weeks ago just in case anyone had cancelled. They had a room available, so I took it and cancelled the Marriott one.

Note: The Artmore lobby will likely get very bloody if I show up and have any issues with my reservation, having now *cancelled* the other one. Watch your step so you don't slip and fall. :devil:

Craig

Milton knows that I love him - ha ha!

All I can tell you is I logged into my bank account today to see a charge from the Artmore hotel for $76.66. So that prompted me to call them, I wasn't sure if this was like some sort of "down payment" or taxes or something of that sort. The guy who answered the phone was Scott. I told him that I saw that amount charged and asked what it was about. I said I was coming in for Progpower (like I have told a zillion f-king people every time I called the Artmore and never ONCE did they mention the 30-day policy thing) and that's when he was like "Why didn't they charge you the full $900), when I heard that I went to the moon in 0-60 seconds.

I am truly disappointed, but blame myself because my gut kept telling me when I kept trying to reserve and kept getting the story of wait lists and crap over and over again something was not right. They even told me at one point to contact Glen because he was coordinating it - LOL

Like a baked potato folks - I AM DONE!

Fortunately, I had a back up reservation at the Courtyard. So I am keeping that. The Courtyard when I booked with them emailed me a reservation confirmation months ago. This was a task that the Artmore never got around to doing for me when asked.

I'll miss seeing a lot of my friends on the stoop and courtyard of the Artmore, but I will see them at the venue!

If anyone has issues, and needs to find a place last minute (and you don't mind a short drive) Al and I booked here: http://www.hotelsone.com/tucker-hot...=Search&ast=&gclid=COWTqfiVi7ICFahaMgodTG8AmQ

The reviews all seem to be positive, for a cheap motel. Cost is $45 a night, if you book online. Probably more if you book same-day, in-person, but not by a whole lot. So if the Artmore screws anyone over the day of arrival, you might consider Knights Inn. :)

I noticed the same thing on my bank account yesterday. They took the full amount out from my Visa now versus last year when I booked my room and wasn't charged until I got there. I didn't think it was a big deal, just scared me until I realized where the charges were from.

I don't understand either. Did they not have your room booked?

Yes, my suite was booked and had been for quite a bit of time. This was after months and months of calling them a week after last year's fest and being told their reservation system was down. That scenerio went on for a couple months. Then one time when I called I was asked if I was on a "wait-list" and I said I didn't know if that existed. Then I asked them to put me on the wait-list, they couldn't do it at the time, but asked me to call back and leave a message for their reservations manager. So I left a detailed voice mail and never heard back. Then the next time I spoke with someone there, they told me to contact Glenn because he was coordinating things. It was just a clusterf@ck from the get-go! So then eventually I secured a suite and then was given a price and confirmation number. I asked to have this emailed to me and the email never arrived (this was after asking twice for it). So then I started to call about once a month to see if the reservation was still there and it was (even though every time I checked their online reservation system via the web page it never showed).

Yesterday I was startled by the small fee they took charged my bank account. When I called to ask what it was I never got an answer on it and they were more concerned that the whole $900 didn't show. The quote I was given was in the $800 range (so I'm thinking they prolly charged a 5th night like they have done to other people).

Just checked my bank account this morning and they have yet to reverse the charge on there (this after my going ballistic on them and canceling the reservation).

For me, it's just been a torment from the beginning. Hopefully others will be safe, but being that a couple of you have been charged for 5 days I would watch everything this year!

They charged my card the full amount last year 30 days in advance, so I've been expecting it. Gotta check if it was 4 or 5 days, though.

Strange, they didn't charge my card yet at all, despite my having recently confirmed my reservation and making sure my credit card information was in order (and getting an email confirmation of everything).

Babs, ever since the Artmore started doing the year-in-advance reservations for ProgPower, the policy has always been to charge the full amount to your credit card a month in advance. I know it has been mentioned here on the board, and the staff at the hotel have always made a point to reiterate this to me every time I made my advance reservation. That sucks if no one ever told you about this.

Ours was charged and for the correct days. It's always a mess with the Artmore, so I wouldn't blame anyone for checking every day up until your arrival! Maybe the new management will actually stick this year and make reserving easier on us all next year. Here's hoping!

booB - I think it takes them a while to get through everyone's reservations, but if you have questions I would certainly call.