GA Tech has a home game on PPUSA Saturday

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
Heads up, folks. Georgia Tech has a home football game (against Virginia) scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 15. The stadium is less than 2 miles from the venue - make your lodging reservations before it's too late!!

Lodging Details

~Jen

That's quite the experience as well .. not the game, but the campus atmosphere on game day. Me and a couple buds went down there last year just to soak in the pre game atmosphere on campus ... awesome. If you have some time to kill on Saturday take a little stroll down there. Great atmosphere !!

Britt

That's quite the experience as well .. not the game, but the campus atmosphere on game day. Me and a couple buds went down there last year just to soak in the pre game atmosphere on campus ... awesome. If you have some time to kill on Saturday take a little stroll down there. Great atmosphere !!

Britt

+1000000000000

Britt

too bad it's not a REAL school with a REAL Football team like UGA!!! :headbang::headbang:

too bad it's not a REAL school with a REAL Football team like UGA!!! :headbang::headbang:

If you define real school as one where you can party and drink your way through rather than study I suppose so.

And if by real football you mean a school that has won fewer national championships and won one less recently then I suppose so as well.

Not much time to kill anymore with the Friday and Saturday shows starting at 2:30 the last few years! :)

If you define real school as one where you can party and drink your way through rather than study I suppose so.

And if by real football you mean a school that has won fewer national championships and won one less recently then I suppose so as well.

hate to tell you but it is harder to get into UGA than Tech...:fu:

and by real football, I mean a stadium that holds almost twice as many people :fu: and the fact we OWN Tech

UGA is definitely the more popular school, and is more heavily franchised.
When you see someone in a Tech t-shirt, jersey, or cap you can be fairly certain they went to Tech.

When you see someone in a UGA t-shirt, jersey, or cap you can be pretty sure they went to...

Walmart.

and by real football, I mean a stadium that holds almost twice as many people :fu: and the fact we OWN Tech

But let's face it, it's still much harder to get OUT of Tech than UGA....and that's what matters eh?

Twice as many people, but half the number of teeth :fu:

http://clamorup.com/college-admission/page/6/
Georgia Tech #85
University of Georgia #115

http://www.parchment.com/c/college/college-1431-University-of-Georgia.html

University of Georgia Acceptance Rate: 54.8%
25th - 75th Percentile of Admitted Students SAT:
Verbal: 560-650
Math: 560-660
Writing: 560-650

Georgia Institute of Technology Acceptance Rate: 63%
25th - 75th Percentile of Admitted Students SAT:
Verbal: 590-690
Math: 650-730
Writing: 580-670

Tech - fewer people applied, maybe because they knew it was a harder school?

Do y'all see what we have to deal with down here? Arguments like stadium size = good football. Rice Stadium can hold 70,000, how much have they won lately? What most Dwags can't wrap their brain around is this concept that bigger school = more alumni = bigger stadium (14,000 more students currently, so not an insignificant number). I know its tough for them to comprehend such a concept. Not to mention the mathematically challenged notion that somehow 93,000 is twice as much as 55,000. I mean, maybe if it were close, say within 5,000 you could let it slide. So come come back and try again when they expand Sanford to at least 105,000.

As has already been pointed out, the whole harder to get into notion is rather dubious too. Every since the Hope Scholarship was invented every mouth breather in the state started applying to Ugag. It has a broader cirriculum than GT so it makes sense that they would have a larger student population to draw from. The positive upshot of this (see? I'm about to say something nice!) is that the average academic credentials of students entering Ugag has improved (though as Fiz pointed out, GT standards are still higher). So larger number of applicants = higher rejection rate even if the standards are lower.

And as far as the owning goes, well, its been a rough last 40 years or so, but I'd bet most Dwags would trade a lot that ownage for the 2x as many National Championships we have over them. :lol:

And with that, I will withdraw from the debate. College sports flame wars are for college sports boards not the PPUSA board.

Besides, its not much fun when your carrying around a bazooka to your opponents pea shooter ;)

Got my hotel room. The Regency Suites only had 4 double rooms left (according to some online deals website I looked at) as of last night. So folk who use the Regency will probably want to book there ASAP.

Got my hotel room. The Regency Suites only had 4 double rooms left (according to some online deals website I looked at) as of last night. So folk who use the Regency will probably want to book there ASAP.

Thanks for sharing this!

~Jen

Do y'all see what we have to deal with down here? Arguments like stadium size = good football. Rice Stadium can hold 70,000, how much have they won lately? What most Dwags can't wrap their brain around is this concept that bigger school = more alumni = bigger stadium (14,000 more students currently, so not an insignificant number). I know its tough for them to comprehend such a concept. Not to mention the mathematically challenged notion that somehow 93,000 is twice as much as 55,000. I mean, maybe if it were close, say within 5,000 you could let it slide. So come come back and try again when they expand Sanford to at least 105,000.

As has already been pointed out, the whole harder to get into notion is rather dubious too. Every since the Hope Scholarship was invented every mouth breather in the state started applying to Ugag. It has a broader cirriculum than GT so it makes sense that they would have a larger student population to draw from. The positive upshot of this (see? I'm about to say something nice!) is that the average academic credentials of students entering Ugag has improved (though as Fiz pointed out, GT standards are still higher). So larger number of applicants = higher rejection rate even if the standards are lower.

And as far as the owning goes, well, its been a rough last 40 years or so, but I'd bet most Dwags would trade a lot that ownage for the 2x as many National Championships we have over them. :lol:

And with that, I will withdraw from the debate. College sports flame wars are for college sports boards not the PPUSA board.

Besides, its not much fun when your carrying around a bazooka to your opponents pea shooter ;)
guess you can't read Buzz Brain, I said our stadium holds ALMOST twice as much...guess your precious education isn't worth that much after all :Smokin:

basketball only, UNC doesn't do anything football wise...:zzz:

See, there you go being wrong again.

We excel at not ONLY getting NCAA sanctions, but in not even winning in those years that we get sanctioned.

We excel at getting top notch players into the NFL... players who played for barely above .500 teams who have to breathe a sigh of relief when we manage to beat Dook.

It is rough being a Tarheel fan in the Fall. Luckily I've had the Falcons in recent years to make be breathe more easliy... and ProgPower USA to get me as far as mid September.