Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II CD

Bullet For My Valentine

In Flames We Trust
May 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
inflames.egloos.com
d0002847_47bd23000dd7f.jpg

I bought a new Gamma Ray CD - LOTFII. The advertising sticker (in the picture) was not on the wrap, so I guessed it was attached on the case but it's not. Then I thought 'Damn! it's on the booklet!?'. But it's not again. Actually, it was NOT a sticker. It's PRINTED on the cover!!

It's the first time I've seen anything like this. Does anyone have a Gamma Ray CD released by SPV USA?? Same problem?

If I remember correctly, my copy of Demons & Wizards' "Touched by The Crimson King" was printed the same way.

I might be wrong though

"Kai Hansen - Ex Member of Helloween" Seriously... Is there no statute of limitations on this stuff? It's been how many years? I think he may be a little better know for his work with Gamma Ray at this point....

Mine doesn't have this, but I have seen it before. It's freakin' stupid if you ask me. And seriously, think about people who would be buying this...do they not know this already? It seems like a waste of time and ink to do this for and established band like Gamma Ray. New band? Sure. Anyhow, the album still sucks.

Anyhow, the album still sucks.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thats the first time I've heard that. I think its Amazing!! Obviously you are not a Gamma Ray fan.

Obviously not, since he has his own opinion. Get off your bullshit high horse.

And i love gamma ray and find this one lackluster and tedious.

My apologies Doomsdayzach. I was merely expressing my personal astonishment. I have no problem with people not liking what I like at all. Its just that that seriously was the first person that I heard say it. No high horse here at all man.

Obviously not, since he has his own opinion. Get off your bullshit high horse.

And i love gamma ray and find this one lackluster and tedious.

Wow, I feel like I owe DoomsdayZach a "backwatching fee!" ha ha!

Seriously though, I wasn't offended by what Q said. I am a big fan of Gamma Ray, actually. I have about 85% of their releases and almost always enjoy 1/2 the album or more. Makes them a solid band in my book and pretty much a blind buy. What Doomsday said though I agree with. What stands out on this CD? To me it sounds like what I would expect from a power metal debut. All the right elements, but not written very well. I also agree with what someone else said about the production. I expect better production from a band with this kind of financial backing. I can not, in good conscious rate this album higher than a 5/10.

It's just really a shame and fucking disgrace how bad the sound is on LotF II. Horrible production and piss poor mix. Where is the drum sound? Totally inaudible snare for starters. In this day and age of technology, no album should ever sound like shit. Yet, this one is the epitome of all that is bad in production and mix. The new ARCH ENEMY album runs a close second.