Glenn, a question about bands and PP 4

I very seriously doubt that I would consider a prog rock band. Nearfest has that covered and I do not want to get anywhere near their territory.

As for the event's location, it's all a matter of logistics and cost. If at all possible, I 100% want to stay in Atlanta. However, I will go on the road if necessary.

Glenn H.

cough, cough, cough, pretty maids, cough, cough, cough, cough.

Now, what was I going to ask Glenn about? Hmm. It must have slipped my mind.

Originally posted by woosta
cough, cough, cough, pretty maids, cough, cough, cough, cough.

Ugh. no thanks!

Gotta agree with you guys about Enchant... Great band! Can't believe they didn't go over well at Nearfest! Must not have enough clarinets or cellos or whatever.

Enchant?

To that I'LL say no thanks! I'd prefer something with some balls at ProgPower. I'm not the type of guy who cuddles.

And to be from State College and "Ugh" the Maids??? Buddy, you're in the land of tree huggers so a little Pretty Maids might serve as a metal reality check.

Enchant were considered too 'prog metally' by the average nearFest attendee (from what I read). I saw them play with DT back in 97 and think that they would go over well.

Originally posted by woosta
Enchant?

To that I'LL say no thanks! I'd prefer something with some balls at ProgPower. I'm not the type of guy who cuddles.

And to be from State College and "Ugh" the Maids??? Buddy, you're in the land of tree huggers so a little Pretty Maids might serve as a metal reality check.

I don't think we need a 20 year old band that hasn't released anything noteworthy since 1987 at ProgPower.

1987? Have you even been listening to music since then?

1989: "Jump the Gun"
1992: "Sin Decade"
1993: "Scream"
1995: "spooked"
1998: "Anything Worth Doing.."
1999: "Carpe Deim"
2002: "Planet Panic"

Personnally, glad if it stays in Atlanta. Doesn't matter if it's September, October, or November. Whatever works best logistically for Glenn to get the best bands and maybe increase crowd size some. Personally I like it relatively small. It makes it more intimate. We'll have to see how this year as a sold out show compares to last year and then prognosticate how a larger draw would feel.

Having it with the Monday holiday like last year was VERY helpful to us who work. I'll be driving back to PA on Sunday and teaching school on Monday morning and it sucks quite a lot.