Gold Badge members?

mëtålspëd

Umlauts ist Krieg
May 2, 2004
MA
www.vintageocwhite.com
Hello. I plan on purchasing tickets as soon as someone can help me out. How exactly does one become a gold badge member? I was just reading the site, and it said that these members entered the festival early. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Rich

Yeah. You just have to email Glenn about getting on the Gold Badge reserve list. I would imagine the reserve list is pretty damn long though... you probably wouldn't get a badge for a number of years.

Well I purchased my ticket an hour or so ago. Thanks for the replies. I wanted to go last year, but was unable. How big of a festival is this? Is it indoor? I couldnt pass up a lineup like that.

Rich

You bought your ticket without doing much research. That's cool though... good to have you on board. You wont be disapointed... this is by far the best show in the States probably one of the better shows in the WORLD.

here's a few links that should answer your questions and more...

www.earthlinklive.com

Earthlink is one of the cooler venues I've been to. Few bad seats in the house... and plenty of open floor for getting right up near the stage and rockin out. Great sounding venue too.

http://www.progpowerusa.com/faq.php

Petethedrummer said:
about 1500 people in the venue total, indoor, awesome bands, awesome people

and email glenn about that gold badge, you'd probably have one by next year

i wish i could have a gold badge but i last i heard the list was like hidiously long.

I thought I remembered reading a post from Glenn that said something like

"if you get on the reserve list right now, you will be lucky to get a Gold Badge before ProgPower X"

Might have been exaggerating... or maybe I'm just crazy and he said nothing of the sort. I don't know.

Right... that's exactly what he meant. He said if you are a current Gold Badge member and lost your badge and got back on the waiting list you would go right to the back of the list.

If you don't have a Gold Badge and you send in the email to get your name on the list you also go right to the back...

My first PP, distance & other necessities prevented me to do this earlier, but hell its happening now! Sava, Kamelot, Pain of Salvation, Edguy (Melbourne 2002 memorries), Dreamscape & the rest, starting to tune up my vocal chords now! Coming from Brisbane, Australia Jira

I don't know if the list is that long, I put my name on the list last fall and was able to get gold badges for this year. Maybe it's gotten longer since then, I don't know. All I know is I won't be giving up my spot on the list in the foreseeable future. :)

I lucked out last year. Wasn't on the list but kept watching the forum for someone who was unfortunate enough not to be able to go and last minute we found badges (thanks again Adam Rush). Don't despair yet, there's always hope-

I put myself on the list last summer. I was number 33, but got the call for a GB this year (bought it, of course). So, it sounds like there is a good bit of turnover.

Steve

I put my name on the list right after PPIV but didn't get the offer this year. I was entirely confused and ended up bugging Glenn about the list, he told me to re-enter my name, so maybe he bumped me to the back of the line when I put my name up again. SO - maybe by PPVII I can get one.

Another question - if you buy a gold badge from someone on the forum who can't make it, do you then get to be included for the years after and the other person gets bumped off the list, or does it stay in the original purchaser's name? I doubt it will happen, but just for future reference.... If I buy a Gold Badge from someone for this year, will that secure my spot to get one next year?

~Tammy~

If you buy it from them beforehand & Glenn transfers the badge to you, then you're on the list next year. If you buy it from them & they pick it up in Atlanta & give it to you there, then they're still the one on the list next year.