Good news for those staying at the Artmore

There was a famous quote about going to Disney World a couple of decades ago that still holds true.

Parapharasing:

"Going to ProgPower is not about saving money. It is about having fun."

You save up all year to get the best value overall. If you do not like a 10 dollar or 5 dollar breakfast charge, book somewhere else...it is a free country!

(Now if they would only do something about that damn 20+$/day charge to park at the Residence Inn...)

That's a nice deal you worked out there, Glenn. And to add more to your side, when I travel for the company, we usually stay at Marriott hotels. Breakfast is generally ~$20 a day! Thank God the company pays for that! And that isn't even in a "hot" area like Midtown. And now that it is a full breakfast, that makes $5 not so bad. Hell, fast food breakfast (YUK) can easily run you $5!

:lol: :saint:

Ermmm… I don’t know if flashing that thing at her would have allowed me to “be forgiven”.

I'll never forget the first year of seeing a picture of that! Then commenting to you on the veranda of the Granada and having you tell me that there were actual forums or sights that got upset over that photo (rotfl). Yes, that's how life like it was/is?????

Babsy's useful tip: I started right after last year's festival of putting $5 a week in an envelope and labeling it "Progpower food/outing fund" and I've got a nice little stash for this year. I'm sorta like Scarlett O'Hara in saying "As God as my witness I will never go hungry again!!!" The early years of Progpower were just that, hard to find food and living on gas station finds (yick) and being broke. We've come a long way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I eat breakfast there if I am not staying, even if I have to pay $10??

Nope, sorry. The breakfast is charged to your room.

However, the Club Market Cafe may be a nice alternative if you like breakfast sandwiches.

MENU.jpg

Club Market & Cafe (directly next door to The Artmore)
1280 W Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30309
404-815-7910

Mini convenience store at the base of a high-rise apartment building. Beer, wine, cigarettes, advil, etc. The entry to the building is brass, and there's usually a folded sign on the sidewalk.

~Jen

Nope, sorry. The breakfast is charged to your room.

However, the Club Market Cafe may be a nice alternative if you like breakfast sandwiches.

MENU.jpg

Club Market & Cafe (directly next door to The Artmore)
1280 W Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30309
404-815-7910

Mini convenience store at the base of a high-rise apartment building. Beer, wine, cigarettes, advil, etc. The entry to the building is brass, and there's usually a folded sign on the sidewalk.

~Jen

Need to find one of these types of places in Greensboro :drool:

Called the City Market Cafe this morning and obtained an updated menu.

It's located directly next door to The Artmore, and is a mini convenience store at the base of a high-rise apartment building. Beer, wine, cigarettes, advil, etc. The entry to the building is brass, and there's usually a folded sign on the sidewalk.

menu001-1.jpg

club.jpg