Grave Digger...awesome band for PPUSA! Underrated???

I would give anything to see them live before they hang it up, but at this point, they're just making the business decision not to break into the US market. They're legends over in Europe, I can understand why they wouldn't feel like spending the money to drag everything across the Atlantic so they can go back to playing tiny venues. Can you imagine them opening for Sabaton or Amon Amarth? That's what they'd have to do to get a real following over here at this point, they just don't have a real incentive to try. Sadly, I'm starting to resign myself to have them retire before I see them, it's enough of a stretch for me to get to Atlanta once a year, there's no way in hell I could afford a trip to Europe for Wacken.

I was at that show & it was phenominal...but I really don't see how anyone who is not a Grave Digger fan already would be converted. Basically if you don't already like 'em, your not going too. I'm saying that & I'm probably one of the most die-hard Grave Digger fans on here.

Yes and no. I mean, they are one of those bands you either love or hate; however, I could see how a number of people wouldn't even know of them or have heard of them. I do think they could have at least been as big in the US as Helloween or Gamma Ray had they tried to break in (like the aforementioned bands) but they never really tried.

I love Grave Digger, but didn't they play a show in NYC a year or two ago to a grand total of like 30 people? Not a huge draw and I can't imagine they're cheap to book.

I what there at that night, yes just few people not 30 but maybe 60 or 70 that makes no difference, I travelled from Mexico City to NYC to see Grave Digger at BB King´s in Manhattan and have to say that I was surprised that the attendance wasn´t bigger, Grave Digger played for 2 hours, at least 20 songsas I remember, no solos, and seeing former Running Wild Thilo Herman on guitar playing along Manny Smidht was awesome, It´s a shame this kind of bands doesn´t have bigger exposure in USA. But I would like to see GD at PP.

See ya at PP, I'll be ther for sure.

I think they did some U.S. tours in the 80s, but just a couple dates over here since then. They did play BWBK Fest around 2004, and went over exceptionally well. They would probably bring in about 100-125 ticket sales. Their earlier stuff was more thrashy, but in the past 10-15 years they're been power metal, and in some phases of the band in the past 10-15 years, dark power metal. I have heard some people say they don't like Chris' vocals, but I really don't have a problem with it.

Saw them on 70k last year. Rebellion was one of the first songs that got me into metal, and I like a good chunk of their other stuff. However, they were brutal live. Perhaps they didn't used to be so, but they were for both gigs on the boat. Well, perhaps that's not fair to say the band was brutal - it was moreso the vocals.

Saw them on 70k last year. Rebellion was one of the first songs that got me into metal, and I like a good chunk of their other stuff. However, they were brutal live. Perhaps they didn't used to be so, but they were for both gigs on the boat. Well, perhaps that's not fair to say the band was brutal - it was moreso the vocals.

Sorry you didn't enjoy them, maybe caught them on a bad night. I've had a few customers tell me they've seen the band over the past 3-4 years in Europe, and had no problem with it. Obviously though, the stuff GD were doing from the beginning til maybe early 2000s is the more favored by fans. Some favorites I like and my customers seem to like are (not in any order) Reingold, Tunes Of Wacken, Excalibur, Ballads Of A Hangman, Last Supper. At times in recent years they've even become a bit speed metal. But yeah, some people don't like Chris' vocals, but like I said earlier it's no issue with me. Maybe an acquired taste.