Help from our New York/New Jersey friends needed!

Sammi951 said:
That looks like a great place, and if it was just Paxoman and me, we'd DEFINITELY be going there!! Mind you, looking at the pics, we'd stand out like a sore thumb in a place like that! :lol: Maybe we'll have to come back another time, on our own :headbang: We will be in Brooklyn to do the "tourist" thing - apparently, the thing to do is walk over the Brooklyn Bridge back to Manhattan and take lots of pics - after eating pizza at Grimaldi's! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm sure whatever you do, you'll have a fuckin blast!:heh: :kickass:

Sammi951 said:
We won't be shopping in Brooklyn luv - but full marks for trying!! :lol:

:lol:

Well, if you're in Brookyln you could stop here for a free tour :heh:

www.brooklynbrewery.com/

I was also going to say if you guys are into checking out some Metal karaoke.
www.arlenesgrocery.net/

You've got BB Kings in NYC for shows if you'd like?

www.bbkingblues.com/

These bands are playing there.

THE OUTLAWS
8:00PM

APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION Guns N' Roses Tribute
12:00AM

BEATLES BRUNCH Featuring STRAWBERRY FIELDS
12:00PM

Sammi951 said:
Are you SURE you wouldn't like to babysit? He'd be no trouble, I promise!! :D

I will have a look at The Outlaws website, but I still won't be able to see them, unfortunately. My son definitely wouldn't like any music that we like - believe me, we've tried! :cry: He's a bit like me, strong minded!

Sammi,for what its worth I'd buy the Outlaws tickets and take your son.I was in Florida last October and went to Sandford Bike Fest to see Molly Hatchett and Blackfoot,my two sons moaned all the week before saying they did'nt want to go but once they were there they had to admit they enjoyed it.Huwie Tommason of The Outlaws is a great guitarist,I saw him a couple of times with Lynyrd Skynyrd and he was awesome,it will be worth going just to hear Greengrass and Hightides live,one of the great guitar tracks of all time.
New Yorks a great place, I can recomend Brooklyn Brewery beers and the bar in the Oyster Bar at Grand Central Station 42nd St.Have a great time :kickass:

Changes 74 said:
Sammi,for what its worth I'd buy the Outlaws tickets and take your son.I was in Florida last October and went to Sandford Bike Fest to see Molly Hatchett and Blackfoot,my two sons moaned all the week before saying they did'nt want to go but once they were there they had to admit they enjoyed it.Huwie Tommason of The Outlaws is a great guitarist,I saw him a couple of times with Lynyrd Skynyrd and he was awesome,it will be worth going just to hear Greengrass and Hightides live,one of the great guitar tracks of all time.
New Yorks a great place, I can recomend Brooklyn Brewery beers and the bar in the Oyster Bar at Grand Central Station 42nd St.Have a great time :kickass:

Still not sure about taking him to see The Outlaws - I'll have to see! He definitely doesn't like Saxon, Accept, Judas Priest or Iron Maiden, which are the ones he mainly hears at home. Guitars just don't do it for him, unfortunately :cry: I'm sure Paxoman will be sampling the Brooklyn Brewery beers (I wouldn't mind one of their t-shirts!), and we will definitely be visiting Grand Central Station - apparently there is a place in there called Juniors which does fab cheesecake :)

Sammi,since when are the inmates running the asylum?Tell the kid he is going to see the best American band ever.They are nothing like Iron Maiden,Judas Priest or Saxon.They rock,tickets are cheap,and you all will have a great time.Steve

Changes 74 said:

Damn! I forgot about the Oyster Bar! :kickass:

Sammi, I'm sure you guys will have fun and imo, catching some live music while in NYC is what it's all about :cool:

I've got a friend of mine who is a big Outlaws fan and he's going and if you met him, you guys would have a blast.