Help out Jon Oliva!

vote for the mountain king!

i haven't heard of hardly any of the bands on those polls, and i can't believe they voted 40%+ for marylin manson :ill:

Jon Oliva has contributed far more over his career so far

MetalRose said:
CURSE MACKEY 6.9%

DEICIDE 3.2%

JON OLIVA 14.7%

GENITORTURERS 18.1%

MARILYN MANSON 47.2%

MORBID ANGEL 9.6%

WTF? Sorry, I like Manson, but lifetime achievement? Oliva's been around for how many years compared with Manson?

-MetalRose

Maybe it means he's dying... and will if he wins... if then VOTE MANSON.. if not Oliva, he deserves it :)

manson has been 1 band, and one that hasn't had that big of an influence or importance, wheras Oliva has been in quite a few bands, and most all of them have done something important for the genre

:headbang:

PLEASE vote for Jon :worship: :worship: :worship: !! Don't let the percentages scare you off. Yesterday, when I voted, Jon only had 4%, so there haven't been THAT many ballots cast. I've got the entire Houston metal scene voting for Jon. And vote from as many machines as you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Chris :headbang:

Well, I voted for him, but honestly, Oliva doesn't deserve to win . . .

. . .

. . . on that page!

I mean, look at the other bands. He hasn't done much for that genre. I'm not even sure why he's up there. It's like Jethro Tull getting the Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Artist of the year Grammy.

Oliva may be the best songwriter _ever_ in just about any other rock/metal genre, and one of the best performers to ever grace the stage, but just not on that site.

Steve in Philly

DarkOne said:
Well, I voted for him, but honestly, Oliva doesn't deserve to win . . .

. . .

. . . on that page!

I mean, look at the other bands. He hasn't done much for that genre. I'm not even sure why he's up there. It's like Jethro Tull getting the Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Artist of the year Grammy.

Oliva may be the best songwriter _ever_ in just about any other rock/metal genre, and one of the best performers to ever grace the stage, but just not on that site.

Steve in Philly

So, who do you suggest needs to win then?

This seems to be a niche website; I don't think Jon fits at all with the rest of the bands listed. Most of the ones I've heard of are punk.

What a weird list...even factoring in the Florida connection.

For the record, none of the performers listed are punk bands or performers; Curse Mackey is a goth DJ, not a punk artist. (Nice guy, too, oddly enough. Anyone who can get HR Giger over to the States is pretty nifty.)

DarkOne said:
Couldn't tell you. Like most everyone else, I haven't heard of 99% of the bands on this page.

Steve in Philly

then out of the bands that you CAN vote, you'd vote for who?