Highlight of the weekend

Oct 4, 2007
There are so many killer highlights from a great weekend and at some point, I'll offer up my thoughts on the entire show as a whole, but considering I'm on 3 hours sleep now (and 4 on Friday night), plus a 3 hour drive home from Atlanta, I'll just offer up my single favorite moment from the entire weekend.

Primal Fear debuts Fighting the Darkness. I had seen part 1 of FtD on youtube before I left home, and I listened to the full version after buying New Religion at the show, but nothing could have prepared me for the awesomeness that was this song live. It was as beautiful, if not more so than the album version, but once they kicked in for part 2: Darkness, it was truly fucking heavy.

If you at all enjoy PF and enjoy watching bands try to expand their horizons, you owe it to yourself to pick up this album when it is released in the US (or to grab an import copy) because you will not be disappointed.

Primal Fear ROCKED out!!!! One of the best performances Ive seen. "Fighting the Darkness" was truly amazing!

Thursday's highlight - Freak Kitchen (once again, simply amazing and a hell of a fun performance).

Friday's highlight - Pagan's Mind (followed closely by Redemption)

Saturday's highlight - Threshold and the All-Star jam. My German friend who flew over for the fest said the jam was the coolest end to any festival he has ever seen (and he's been to a TON of European festivals).

Honorable mention to the Macaluso drum clinic. Excellent drummer and a GREAT sense of humor; the hour flew by.

Thursday - Freak Kitchen
Friday - Raintime (biggest surprise of the festival for me)
Saturday - Threshold

Both clinics on Friday were extremely cool as well.

After Forever's vocalist and pretty much their whole set blew me away. That gal can really sing......amazing! She's a good frontwoman as well.

I liked all the bands, but never really been a fan of Threshold for some reason.

I'm a new fan of After Forever though...great stuff.

Partying with all of my friends that I *LOVE* was the highlight of the weekend. Thank you guys for being awesome!! (You all know who you are).

Yeah, and After Forever for the first time too (Fanboy here)... =)

Partying with all of my friends that I *LOVE* was the highlight of the weekend. Thank you guys for being awesome!! (You all know who you are).

Yeah, and After Forever for the first time too (Fanboy here)... =)

Agreed - it was awesome to hang out with all the great people there! Milton, you are awesome! Thanks for all the fun! =) And yes, After Forever was awesome! (Fangirl here)!

I second this - to the new friends and the old ones from this year - you guys by far make PP an event I want to keep coming back to over n' over again... I miss you already!!!

For me my favorites of each night were: Thursday Freak Kitchen, Friday Pagan's Mind and Saturday goes to Firewind. I just really had a great time listen to the bands and meeting people.

Milton, it was great to hang with you, even if I was falling asleep in the process. Next year, show up to the room sooner. ;)

It's not a problem at all, Lara!! It was awesome hanging out with you, next year you should just drink more coffee so you're not falling asleep when I'm there!! :heh:

Agreed - it was awesome to hang out with all the great people there! Milton, you are awesome! Thanks for all the fun! =) And yes, After Forever was awesome! (Fangirl here)!

Haha no no babe, thank YOU for all the fun!! 'Twas great finally meeting you in person and spending time with you during the shows, especially the After Forever one... Man, did they slay!! :)

Hmmm...highlights would be...finding a seat on Saturday night...running into the three people I've met in 5 years at PPUSA...the vendors taking all that weight in money off of me...Zak Stevens taking the time to shoot the shit with me and then telling me to go get back to my seat and send my wife down to chat with him;I haven't gotten "Payment" for that yet from wifey lol...I had a great time again,and even though I'm not a big fan of next years lineup yet,I will most certainly be back

1. Making lots of new friends.
2. Floor's commanding on-stage presence and impeccable vocal abilities.
3. Freak Kitchen being the best birthday band EVER, especally playing The Rights to You.
4. Pagan's Mind's new songs!!
5. Hearing Floor do a heart-wrenching cover of Alone.