Highlight of the show.....thanks Glen!

couldn't agree more with you all. Meeting some of the musicians you :worship: is exciting and being able to hang out with them in a somewhat normal situation. It took me over 28 years to meet my Scorpions and it was sign, hug, love the album, whoosh management was pushing you to move down the line after like a 3 sec. chat. Progpower gives us the opportunity to have the time to actually have a conversation, now whether any of us remember them is another story! Thank goodness for cameras!!

I did meet Bruce Dickinson and have to see he was super nice considering he just took about a 5 ft fall of the riser that night, we knew he was hurting so just asked for a quick autograph and let him go.
Hey, I just met the Scorpions a couple weeks ago doing a photo feature on James. All the guys were super nice especially Klaus. Hope you get a chance to meet them again. Maybe do that V.I.P. ticket thing.

Separate the man from the music, bro. I can still get into Yngwie even if he can't get over himself.
Yea, but Yngwie is usually really nice to his fans. It's just his bandmates he's tough on. :lol:

Over the weekend, I had for me a once in a lifetime experience. I know this is probably going to sound real silly to some of you if not most of you.

It doesn't sound silly at all. One of the downsides of having so much exposure to music and bands is that a lot of that "magic" gets lost. I can remember a long time ago when I was in a cold sweat for several days waiting for Seventh Son of a Seventh Son to come out, and planning a trip to the record store for that day. There aren't many landmarks like that any more. Sure, I can say to everyone that I can't wait for Isolate to come out (one of my most anticipated releases this year), but it isn't the same level of anxiety as it used to be, and that's almost sad.

Same thing with meeting people. You get so jaded meeting all the people from the bands at local shows and in Atlanta that even that starts becoming "normal". So it's good to hear that people still have that kind of reaction.

And I had the same reaction regarding the same person recently, although it was a delayed reaction. When Redemption was going around with DT a couple of months ago, I saw them in Chicago and through a long story was actually able to sit on the bus with Redemption for a few minutes after their set. I've met almost everyone in Redemption before, so it was more like catching up with pals than "hangin' with rock stars OMG!!". But then Ray came on the bus, bringing piles of food from the catering area. At first, I just thought, "Hey, there's Ray now." And then it hit me, it wasn't just Ray Alder, singer for Redemption. It was RAY F-ING ALDER, the man who sang on one of the two CDs (cassettes at the time, actually!) that got me back into metal, Parallels. It was the guy who I still occasionally watch on my VCR (yes, VCR, not DVD) copy of A Pleasant Shade of Grey. I mean, I always knew it was the same guy, of course, but it wasn't until that second that it hit me that here I was right next to THAT GUY, and I had one of those "moments". It was cool.

Imagine being able to tell your past self that some day you'd be rubbing elbows / meeting / hanging out with someone who means that much to you. You probably wouldn't believe yourself, and that is what's so awesome about these things.

Ken

Of all the various musicians I've rubbed elbows with in my life.....the coolest of the bunch was definitely at Progpower. Chris Salinas, Lance King and Zak Stevens in particular were very down to earth and cool to chat with. Luckily I can't say as I have ever talked with anyone who came across as a dick.

Maybe do that V.I.P. ticket thing.

where it sucks to be in L.A. they haven't offered VIP tix in L.A. , outside of L.A. yes which is why I roadtrip for the Scorps. mmmmm Klaus..love of my life:p

I do think with brokers taking money from the pockets of bands you will see more VIP tickets offered from bands next year.

It doesn't sound silly at all. One of the downsides of having so much exposure to music and bands is that a lot of that "magic" gets lost. I can remember a long time ago when I was in a cold sweat for several days waiting for Seventh Son of a Seventh Son to come out, and planning a trip to the record store for that day. There aren't many landmarks like that any more. Sure, I can say to everyone that I can't wait for Isolate to come out (one of my most anticipated releases this year), but it isn't the same level of anxiety as it used to be, and that's almost sad.

Same thing with meeting people. You get so jaded meeting all the people from the bands at local shows and in Atlanta that even that starts becoming "normal". So it's good to hear that people still have that kind of reaction.

And I had the same reaction regarding the same person recently, although it was a delayed reaction. When Redemption was going around with DT a couple of months ago, I saw them in Chicago and through a long story was actually able to sit on the bus with Redemption for a few minutes after their set. I've met almost everyone in Redemption before, so it was more like catching up with pals than "hangin' with rock stars OMG!!". But then Ray came on the bus, bringing piles of food from the catering area. At first, I just thought, "Hey, there's Ray now." And then it hit me, it wasn't just Ray Alder, singer for Redemption. It was RAY F-ING ALDER, the man who sang on one of the two CDs (cassettes at the time, actually!) that got me back into metal, Parallels. It was the guy who I still occasionally watch on my VCR (yes, VCR, not DVD) copy of A Pleasant Shade of Grey. I mean, I always knew it was the same guy, of course, but it wasn't until that second that it hit me that here I was right next to THAT GUY, and I had one of those "moments". It was cool.

Imagine being able to tell your past self that some day you'd be rubbing elbows / meeting / hanging out with someone who means that much to you. You probably wouldn't believe yourself, and that is what's so awesome about these things.

Ken

Exactly! This is what I am talking about. Don't get me wrong....I like meeting people in some of the up and coming bands but it is not the same for me as meeting a long time metal icon once thought to be unrealistic of meeting. It wasn't as if you ever said, I'll never meet that guy because the likely hood was so far removed that the thought of actually meeting them was not even a thought. Did that make sense?

I met some of the guys from magistral in Houston and that was cool because they rocked so hard, but in no way was that the same as meeting Ray freakin Alder. We didn't have forums and myspace back then where band members interact frequently with the fans. They do become humanized this way instead of being "god like stars". I do feel silly at 39 still talking and feeling this way but that's the way I feel.

I was shocked to say the least to see Ray walking up to the vendor area. I was thinking " It's Ray freaking Alder, what the hell is he doing out here"? I asked for a photo and I could not work the little disposable camera I had I was so tore up.

I'm a dork.:lol:

I'm a few years younger than he is but even so, I remember when you went to a concert without entertaining the possibility of meeting, let alone hanging out with, the performers.

That’s why TSO does a Meet & Greet after almost every evening performance. I read in an interview with Paul O’Neill that he “always wanted to meet the band” as a kid…so he made sure that fans got that opportunity with TSO.

While an M&G can't compete with the atmosphere of seeing your favorite musicians hanging out at ProgPower, TSO’s members are major troopers to do this night after night…when you know that by the end of the tour they HAVE to be dog tired.