My thoughts & thanks... (long)

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Glenn: What can be said to you that hasn't already been said? Not only were you a very nice guy to meet, but the show was even BETTER than I anticipated (and believe me I was fucking hyped for this one). I met you briefly late, late Saturday night when we hung out with Jon and immediately began begging you for a gold badge :D Seriously though, thank you SO MUCH for your tireless devotion to this. It was the best weekend I've had yet in my almost 30 years on Earth.

My new friends: Holy shit, where do I begin with this? I met SO MANY freaking people, and I can honestly say I feel like I have friends that I can keep in touch with over the years. I sure hope so at least! Let's see, in no particular order, BEAR (you rock star), Mark the Leprechaun, Henry (you're in Imagika?), Shelli (sp? - how 'bout I just call you Tarja ;)), Jason & Scott from Illadelphia, of course JayKeeley & Metal Thailand (my brothers from different mothers), Junnie & Kyoko (our lovely Japanese ladyfriends!), Adam & Ronnie (yes Adam, I DO love you man!), the lunatics in 317 (Don, Franco & Jarrett), General Zod (you da man), Dustin & Sheri (excellent people, truly, and yes Dustin, my voice is completely crapped out), Axeman (Allen) & Jeff from Buffalo (dude, the Bills still suck!), Lisa full of Jacksonville sass, and seriously everyone else that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

The fans: Just a general comment, and one I made numerous times over the course of the weekend. All too often, metalheads get a bad rap. All I can say is that I've not yet met a better group of people in my life. I was shocked to not meet a single bad seed in the bunch, and YOU ALL helped make the weekend as great as it was.

The bands: Jeez, they were ok I guess. :D I don't so much mean the music, hell, we all KNEW how good that would be. I mean how awesome they were to meet & talk & hang with. I feel so lucky to be able to say that I got to really hang out quite a bit with Edguy & the fellas from Angra & Gamma Ray. I mean, seriously, I realize I'm still gushing like a fanboy, but dammit, I am one! I will NEVER forget going out to dinner with Angra and ordering Edu's Muffaletta sandwich...LOL. I'll never forget Eggi from Edguy balancing beers on his head like a drunken fool, or just shooting the breeze with Jens & Toby like they were old college pals or something. Boys, anytime you want a personal tour of NYC, let me know! And I'll also never forget meeting Kai & Henjo from Gamma Ray; they're personal heroes of mine and for the first time all weekend, I was pretty much speechless. And I can't possibly forget Mike & Tom of Evergrey. They were just so cool and down-to-earth it was fantastic.

Jon Schaeffer: A special thanks to Jon, who for some unknown reason let me get completely hammered in his hotel room until 7 AM on back-2-back nights. And he even let me hug him. Four times or so. :) If you could only have heard the conversations that were going on in that room...sigh...I'd tell you about them but Jon swore me to secrecy unless I wanted a boot up my ass.

The venue: Fantastic. 'nuff said.

The bartender in the venue: Don't say which one, you all know damned well which one! :eek:

The End Records/Century Media: It was great fun to actually meet people like Tomer and Heather. Nice to know that superb companies/mailorders have superb people actually running the show & working for them. Thanks for some great shopping options!

I'm sure I've left a bajillion other things out, but my brain is really hazy (I only got home a few hours ago). I have no voice & my nose is running non-stop. And I wouldn't trade it for the world. If I fucked up any details or misspelled names or just forgot that I met you, cut me some slack. I drank about 342 beers over the course of the weekend.
drink.gif

Party on Wayne, party on Garth. See all you kids next year for sure (and hopefully some of you sooner than that).

Cheers gang,
Mark (from NYC/NJ)

Mark is was totally cool hanging out with you and your buddy.The Angra beers and Dinner is something I will remember for ever,how cool was that. Also got to love the thursday night party session at 333 m/ ,throwing jabs back and forth, LOL I love that stuff. Also hanging out with Jon,which was pretty cool until Politics came into the fray,never matter though, I love Iced Earth and respect him for his opinion,even though he is wrong LOL Here's to next year and we'll stay in touch man! \m/

Bear

Hey Bear-man! It sure was a fantastic time, and you're right brother, we're cut from the same cloth my friend. You & your boys can call me a friend forever, bud. See in you in SF in 2 months.

Stay metal! \m/

Hey Mark! Yeah, this weekend was pretty kick ass...gotta love all the crazy cats from Edguy gettin trashed playing beer pong in our hotel room...that was pretty humorous. Anyway, it was definetally cool hangin with you cats, off to see Symphony X and Blind Guardian tonight, later folks!

Mark-

Great to finally meet you. We'll have to make it a point to grab a drink together the next time we're boh at the same show.

And yes, I know exactly which bartender. Glenn, if you're reading this, can we make sure she is the official bartender for all future ProgPowers?

GZ

Re: the bartender..

You know what.. I know all you guys are slobbering over her (it's kinda cute) but I'd also like to put in a vote for her returning!! She was extra nice, let me taste-test Moosehead before I bought some and was able to keep up with the throng of people and hand out correct change. I don't know how she kept all that shit straight and STILL managed to be very customer-friendly! Yeah yeah, she was cute, that does nothing ME - she was excellent service and I'm glad her tip jar was overflowing (for whatever reason;)) If there is any way that we _could_ have her back next year, that would pretty damned cool :)

*raises her glass*

~Sh0kr0k~

Hey Mark,

It was great to meet you too!! I had a great time this year because of cool people like you. Thank you for thanking ME in your post.....next year, I'll beer sure to buy you a beer.

-Sheri :Shedevil:

If you ever get a chance, drink a Yuengling for me, ok? (I hope you've had one before....)

I think I've probably had a Yuengling or 2 in my day ;)

But I'll be the first to say it's gonna be a couple of days (or maybe weeks) before I drink again. Ugh. :D

You & Dustin both rocked. Here's to seeing Katagory V as one of the 10 bands at PP4! Stay metal you two!

-Mark

Originally posted by markgugs

You & Dustin both rocked. Here's to seeing Katagory V as one of the 10 bands at PP4! Stay metal you two!

-Mark

WOW! well..um...that would be cool! Though I don't see us being good enough for the ol' PP crowd seeing how know one knows we even exist :p

Mark, I could hang with you anyday man... you are the COOLEST!!! You can bet your arse I'll be lookin' forward to hangin' with you again in the near future!

:Smokin:

And yes, I know exactly which bartender. Glenn, if you're reading this, can we make sure she is the official bartender for all future ProgPowers?

Thirded! :) As has been said she was both cute and gracious throughout both evenings.

Wasn't lucky enough to have rock-stars drunk in my room, but its very cool to hear so many tales of the bands hanging with the fans - it was real party all weekend long.

Did meet one jerk from Pittsberg (I think) on the sunday but he was the absolute exception. Can't wait for next year.

chazzy, I noticed you're from London. Did you happen to meet Ali and/or Ahman (JayKeeley and Metal Thailand)? Both of Indian or Pakistani origin and from the Great Isle. They're my very good friends and traveling mates to PP III. Just curious, cause they taught me the different ways to call people dull cunts! :D

Mark, good to hear from you! Pass my well wishes on to Henry (since I don't see him around this forum) & Imagika. Tell him the demo FUCKING KICKS ASS and when the fuck can I buy a copy? You 3 guys kept my weekend alive when I should have fallen on the floor. Memorable to say the least, and I WILL certainly look you fools up when I'm in the Bay Area. \m/