Hotels and Refuges in atlanta durnig progpower?

tine984

mwaaaaa
Jan 5, 2004
alabama
What do you think the statis on hotels reservations will be during progpower, i mean it woudl be bad to kick refuges out of hotel rooms even though we have booked...

I was curious of this too, so far the news has said they are taking them to Houston instead of the other direction, apparantly Texas is closer for what they need to do to help these poor people out.

This makes what happened to Florida last year look like a normal thunderstorm. Being in Florida, I do know what it's like.

If it does happen, we should band together like the brothers and sisters of metal we are and go 20 to a room if we have to.

Or we can go with the suggestion I had a few months ago. We can all just sleep at Earthlink.

I can see it now. Angra- "Thank you and good night!" The lights go out and we all just go to sleep in our seats. Maybe Glenn could even read us a bedtime story.:)

if they did start taking people to atlanta, do you think they'd be putting them up in the rather expensive midtown hotels? I'd think they'd put them in the farther out ones, to save money.

adaher said:
If it does happen, we should band together like the brothers and sisters of metal we are and go 20 to a room if we have to.

Or we can go with the suggestion I had a few months ago. We can all just sleep at Earthlink.

I can see it now. Angra- "Thank you and good night!" The lights go out and we all just go to sleep in our seats. Maybe Glenn could even read us a bedtime story.:)

hey, hey, hey, think of the people that might be scared of the dark. You can at least keep a night light on for them.o_O :Spin:

adaher said:
Hopefully the stair lights work this year. In all seriousness. Someone's going to get hurt someday.

Yes, please have the lights on the stairs working. I tripped going down them the last 2 PP's and Andy Kuntz wasn't there to catch me last year. And I wasn't drunk either time. Maybe that was the problem, hee,hee.
Cindy

It's nearly impossible to be in front of the barrier taking photos for the first 3 songs staring into the bright lights then climbing over the supports and up the stairs in the pitch black with the bouncers hustling you along. I go into a panic attack nearly every time. I'm bringing a little pen light this year.

booB said:
if they did start taking people to atlanta, do you think they'd be putting them up in the rather expensive midtown hotels? I'd think they'd put them in the farther out ones, to save money.

I think the concern is more about the 100,000s of people who did evacuate the hurricane areas and escaped the storm in hotels well inland. Now they have nothing to go back to, and the city is under a madatory evacuation, so they couldn't go back if they wanted to.