How about bringing back a few of the out of print classics.

jim lewis

Jul 30, 2004
Schick Fhurs Frholling (sp?) is one I have wanted to get my mits on for years. There are quite a few LE classics that are no longer available I'd love to see back in print. Not only that but I'd like to have access to mp3 samples to those classics. That said I have to praise the Lasers Edge for having more class than any other prog label...even inside out. This label takes chances on riskier and more unorthodox stuff in a risky and unorthodox genre. I'm shvitzing for the new White Willow. Wasn't a live album once talked about?

Jim:

Sometimes our licenses run out on the older titles and we have to let them lapse into the world of collector-dom. I did plan on reissuing SFF at one point but it fell off the radar. Definitely a possibility for the future. The other problem with some of these older titles is there just isn't enough demand to warrant an additional pressing. In the case of Landberk, the band asked me to let the pressing lapse since they plan on reissuing their catalog themselves (with bonus tracks) in the future. Each case is different I suppose. With our upcoming new website there will be mp3s of every available release. Maybe Chad and I should have a discussion about putting up some mp3s of the out of print stuff as well. More news about our new website(s) shortly.

With regards to the live White Willow album from their NEARfest performance, we had it all worked out...even to the point of Roger Dean working with us on the cover art. The problem is the multi-track tapes were pretty much useless. Jacob's guitar was missing from a lot of it and Brynar's keyboards were a mess also. Given the subsequent lineup change and the amount of work that was needed to fix it we decided to bag it. I think in the end the live album wouldn't have been so "live". The new White Willow is something to shvitz about! If you come down to Progday or Progpower you can grab a copy.

Ken