How many Texas peeps were there?! 2nd date?

ThXinc

Uber Metal
I ran into MANY! I would estimate that I met at least 15 - 20 and then there's many more that I didn't meet that post in the limited forums I visit. There's gotta be even more beyond that.

I eventually envision a need for a 2nd date for PP at the rate this thing is growing!

Hey Glenn! How about Texas?! We're centrally located and have nice weather from about September to December and March - May. Other than that...too HOT! I think it makes good geographical sense. Host it in Dallas and I'll volunteer my services!

How many of you on this forum think Texas would be a good 2nd date? It seems to me that between the East Coast and Texas, we dominate the current fan base for PP. Atlanta could represent the East and Texas represent the West and mid-west areas. Austin has a great music scene and is very respected by music labels and promoters. Think about it when the time comes to organize a 2nd date! ;) :headbang:

We were two from South Texas right here...also ran into Daybreaker (sorry we didn't meet sooner and get a chance to swill beer and talk metal)...and I know there's quite a few people from Houston that attend.

Speaking of Texans, had a nice sit-down with Jacob (Vinyl bartender) at the end of Saturday night, and he's from El Paso (I knew there was something we liked about him).

Rock on!

Man from my count, I was hanging out with at least 20 Texans, alot from Houston area. As for the idea of a 2nd date, I am sure alot of people would love that but it takes alot to put on one fest let alone two and in another state. I think that would be a good idea for another promoter to try and pull off. I have a plan for a California thing in a few years, need capital first.

Bear

I was there, with three others, from TX. I'd go anywhere in the U.S. for a second PP date, though.

:headbang: :headbang:

I was there with 6 other folks from Texas; Houston to be exact. One of the dudes I met because he is the guitarist in a local band I've been following for almost 10 years. I met his wife (before she was his wife) at this band's local gigs. Then, there is the SavaFamily (SavaPa, SavaNanny and two of their children), whom I met on the old Savatage message board. They are also fans of this local band. They are cool; the parents are the closest metalheads to my age I can find anywhere!! And, of course, they raised thier kids properly - THEY LOVE METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;) Shameless plug - the band is Mystic Cross :headbang: (www.mysticcross.com).

Peace,
Chris

:Spin: I was there!! I'm from Houston....Me + 3 other from the Houston area! We need to get a mini festival here! Shane ;-) Hint Hint! We have way tooo much talent here! Stride, Outworld, Magistral and many more!

Bear, hmmm CALI sounds good too! :D ;-)!

:headbang:
Angela

Wow, lots of Houstonians. Guess there's a metal fanbase here after all. A pity more of the tours don't stop here. We always have fun trying to guess who on our flight is going to ProgPower, with some it's easier to guess than others. :)

seems like Texas has a good representation in Atlanta. My buddy and I came from San Angelo, TX. Kinda out in the middle of nowhere. Nightwish brought me to the show last year, and I plan to attend for as many years as I can. A second date in TX certainly would be ideal, but I like having an excuse to the leave the state for a few days every year! Anywhere they have it, I will be there!

bryansM3 said:
Myself and a buddy from Victoria were there also.
Holy shit! Victoria???!!!

Wow...I thought Corpus was the reject minority...

Good for you...my God...there are actually some serious metalheads in Victoria???!!!

We need to get together...hoist a cold one...talk some shit...

Let me know!

Rock on!

Daybreaker said:
Midland gets the "holla" every year from me, yeehaw.

But soon I should be in San Antonio so then the Midland representation will drop 100%

Ben
Holy shit, Ben! What's the occasion or the reason?

Also...what are of town will you be in? And when?

We look forward to hooking up for mucho concerts, my friend!

Rock on!