How to pronouce the COB guy's names...

Undefined

Indefinite Entity
Sep 27, 2006
Unsure and Inexact
... incase you ever happen to meet them, so you don't make an ass of yourself or offend any particular band member. I searched the forum and didn't find any thread like this, so yeh, this is more like a point of reference for new fans and people who've never had the chance to hear their names said aloud (IN ENGLISH) before. SO here goes in alphabetical order:

Alexi: A-LEX-SEE (Simple :))

Henkka: HENK-KA / HENG-KA (I'm actually having a hard time spelling it phonetically, so if someone else can help it'd be appreciated, rest assure I can pronouce his name correctly though :lol:)

Jaska: YASKA (Simpler :))

Janne: YAWNA/YAWNEH (A bit tricky, but still simple... just don't call him Janey or Yawnee :rolleyes: :lol: )

Roope: ROPE-A/ROPE-EH (With one of those rolled 'r' sounds, like 'rrr'... but again, PLEASE DON'T FUCKING CALL HIM ROOP :lol: Rope is ok if you forget the 'a' at the end, but Roop is just dumb... his name doesn't rhyme with poop, it rhymes with opa :lol:)

So there you go :) I'm not sure about he last names, ask a more hardcore diehard fan to post, I just know the first names. So now if you ever meet any of the band, you can say their names correctly :) And no, I'm not a fanboy, I made this thread for reference :D and to helpout new fans.

:lol: this is a MUST for people. I still have friends that can't pronounce Alexi's last name,although the Roope,I had trouble with. I did call him Roope,like rhyming with poop,but I'm sure he was too drunk to realize it. Anyway:

Alexi-Ah-lex-see Laiho: Lie-ho. It's not LAY-Ho.

Janne: Yawn-ay Warmen: Self-explanatory,if you can't say it right,you're an idiot.

Jaska: Yawska or Yaska Raatikainen: Ra-tik-a-nen

just some of the harder ones,Roope and Henkka are self-explanatory:)

I might be a little wrong with these,but oh well,you get it.

Cool, for Warmen I wasn't sure if it was Warmen or Varmen cuz his REAL last name starts with a V and that whole german 'w' thing... it through me off :p :lol:

Henkka's real last name seems pretty complicated too... Seppala (with the accented a's) Luckily he just uses Blacksmith for us stupid westerners :lol:

But yes, it is a must... Mainly just for Roope, who gets called ROOP. :( I feel bad for him.

Cool, for Warmen I wasn't sure if it was Warmen or Varmen cuz his REAL last name starts with a V and that whole german 'w' thing... it through me off :p :lol:

Henkka's real last name seems pretty complicated too... Seppala (with the accented a's) Luckily he just uses Blacksmith for us stupid westerners :lol:

But yes, it is a must... Mianly just for Roope, who gets called ROOP. :( I feel bad for him.

oops. Actually,idk that one,I'll have to find out sometime. If my guess is right,someone in his family,possibly way back was German,which is where the name orignated from:confused:

As far as Seppala goes, I think it's Sa-pa-la or Se-pa-la

btw,this thread should be stickied

oops. Actually,idk that one,I'll have to find out sometime. If my guess is right,someone in his family,possibly way back was German,which is where the name orignated from:confused:

As far as Seppala goes, I think it's Sa-pa-la or Se-pa-la

btw,this thread should be stickied

:lol: Maybe, but if not then definately needs to be put in a FAQ somewhere :p

In't Janne's actual second name 'Wirman'?..... Because his brother is called Antti Wirman.....(in the band Warmen).....

In't Janne's actual second name 'Wirman'?..... Because his brother is called Antti Wirman.....(in the band Warmen).....

Not sure, I've seen it spelled many ways:

Warmen, Wirmen, Warman, Wirman... so I couldn't tell you..

Also, his real last name is Virtanen or something... so :erk: Ionna... sounds like a Zarok question to me :lol:

Warmen - Band project

Warman - Lastname for the band, cause it sounds cool.

Wirman - Supposed to be is official real last name.

But of what I heard on the internet and what I read in the booklet it could be:

Janne Jameson Virtanen Wirman.

Maybe Jameson is his second name, and not his last name...

for me its quite easy to pronounce the whole thing.....i'm austrian and we are the masters of rolling RRRRRs^^...but not the die hard RRRs masters like switzerland... :)

Warmen - Band project

Warman - Lastname for the band, cause it sounds cool.

Wirman - Supposed to be is official real last name.

But of what I heard on the internet and what I read in the booklet it could be:

Janne Jameson Virtanen Wirman.

Maybe Jameson is his second name, and not his last name...

Jameson is a nickname,because he loved Jameson whiskey. Virtanen..idk,I think he just put that there for some odd reason

OMG, OMG, OMFG!!!!! WHYYYY must they have such hard names to pronounce!? I have to change my pronounciation AGAIN! I didn't Jaska's name was prounounce Yaska!!! I should have figured though since Janne's is also Yanne. And before i had no idea Alexi's last name was pronounced Lie-ho instead of Lay-ho. Well, last least i said Roope's name right.

OMG, OMG, OMFG!!!!! WHYYYY must they have such hard names to pronounce!? I have to change my pronounciation AGAIN! I didn't Jaska's name was prounounce Yaska!!! I should have figured though since Janne's is also Yanne. And before i had no idea Alexi's last name was pronounced Lie-ho instead of Lay-ho. Well, last least i said Roope's name right.

:lol:

I don't see how anyone could not know how to promounce Alexi's last name after the TL&SO vid.