How to pronouce the COB guy's names...

...So Henkka finishes talking to my mother, and he walks right past those kids who had no idea who he was...

Yeh, like when Henkka came out of the venue the first night, I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS LIKE "YES!!!" the first second I saw his face, everyone else just stood there not knowing who he was, (even my g/f :p), some people we even saying "That's not him"...

...sad thing is, the guy who was a crew member for Bodom is like "Just so everyone knows, this is Henkka from Children of Bodom" and I was like "WE KNOW!" to make him feel better, but yeh, it bugs me a lot. Same with when people ask if I met CoB and I say yes, then they're like "HOW WAS ALEXI?" and I'm like, "I didn't meet him he was sick" and they're like "oh..." :erk:

Wtf :lol: Obsessed fanboi/gurl n00bs.

I'm pretty sure that on Janne's last name, the W isn't pronounced* with a V. If I recall, Finnish isn't of Germanic origin but rather Slavic? Thus it wouldn't have the V sounding W? But don't quote me. I don't know German or Finnish.

I'm pretty sure that on Janne's last name, the W isn't pronounced* with a V. If I recall, Finnish isn't of Germanic origin but rather Slavic? Thus it wouldn't have the V sounding W? But don't quote me. I don't know German or Finnish.

finnish is an ancient forest language, its not slavic, its fenno baltic, from the fenno ugrian language tree, estonians talk a simular language.

finnish is an ancient forest language, its not slavic, its fenno baltic, from the fenno ugrian language tree, estonians talk a simular language.

true

Finnish is also pretty related to Hungarian, ancient words are the same and most of the grammer

Yeh, like when Henkka came out of the venue the first night, I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS LIKE "YES!!!" the first second I saw his face, everyone else just stood there not knowing who he was, (even my g/f :p), some people we even saying "That's not him"...

...sad thing is, the guy who was a crew member for Bodom is like "Just so everyone knows, this is Henkka from Children of Bodom" and I was like "WE KNOW!" to make him feel better, but yeh, it bugs me a lot. Same with when people ask if I met CoB and I say yes, then they're like "HOW WAS ALEXI?" and I'm like, "I didn't meet him he was sick" and they're like "oh..." :erk:

Wtf :lol: Obsessed fanboi/gurl n00bs.

It's just kinda sad that my mother knew who he was and those fanboi's didn't and she never met Henkka before that. :lol:

It's just kinda sad that my mother knew who he was and those fanboi's didn't and she never met Henkka before that. :lol:

haha, that girl next to me was asking the name of the bassist during the show.

You can use this demo to hear how their names are pronounced. The sound is rather 'robotic' but it gives you a good idea of how to properly pronounce their names.

Type the names (or whatever else) in the text area, click 'Kuuntele puhe' and it repeats it back to you.

And just for fun, check the 'Aku Ankka' box and then click 'Kuuntele puhe' again. :)

This website has got the most common Finnish names pronounced in wav-files for you: How to pronounce Finnish names

Just find the name and click it with your speakers turned on. Unfortunately not all names or their numerous variations are available, but by comparing how they are written and trying a couple of names with similar first or last syllable may help figuring out the name you wish to hear. For example, there is no audio file for Henkka, but take a listen to Henrik and Pekka... so 1 + 1 makes 2 ! ...err, Henkka ! o_O

OMG, OMG, OMFG!!!!! WHYYYY must they have such hard names to pronounce!? I have to change my pronounciation AGAIN! I didn't Jaska's name was prounounce Yaska!!! I should have figured though since Janne's is also Yanne. And before i had no idea Alexi's last name was pronounced Lie-ho instead of Lay-ho. Well, last least i said Roope's name right.

basically, the J's are Y's.

I think that Alexi, Janne, Henkka and Jaska's names are pretty self explanatory.
It's just Roope that confused me. There's so many variations of words with E on the end. You can leave it out or keep it in.
Crazy

Yes, Alexi is really called Markku Uula Aleksi Laiho without an x.

And no, Janne isn't called Janne Jameson Wirman Warman (or whatever) His real name is Janne Viljami Wirman, as someone already said in here.

And in finnish you pronounce everything just as it's written. So Alexi is really said Alexi and so on...