I dont even have a comment for this one.

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Yesterday I picked up the Napalm Records DVD "The Realm of Napalm Records Vol 2". It features videos and live clips of thier bands and a bonus compilation CD of more of thier bands not featured on the dvd. I am a sucker for this stuff. I came across this band VAN CANTO on the video section....just vocalist and a drummer. Two of the guys seem to do the bass and guitar sounds with thier voices. At first I was laughing, then realized this song was actually really good. I have been checking stuff out on them on Youtube.... here is a link to the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Diabolik. I must have been elsewhere when Van Canto was discussed.

It seems odd to call them "heavy metal" when all there are is attitude, drums, and vocals. But I give them major props for having the cojones to pull this off. It's like Delain or Tyr without any instruments save drums.

I have to admit...I like it.

Bill

You know what I like about this? The vocals are the focus. Get some guitars and bass in there, but keep the focus on the vocals like this and you've got a winner.

You know what I like about this? The vocals are the focus. Get some guitars and bass in there, but keep the focus on the vocals like this and you've got a winner.

Yeah. I could never listen to this as it is, but put some musicians behind these guys and I would love to hear what these guys could do with all the awesome singers they have.

I am speechless. Diabolik, if you hadn't made any comments about it before I looked at it, I probably would have had the same reaction as you. "WTF" that turns into...."Wow, this actually is pretty fucking good."

That's a good song.

Yeah..it was like a joke at first for me....then I started listening to it and then I was in awe. I dont think it is something I could listen to everyday but it is rather good. I looked them up on YouTube and they cover Manowar, Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian and Nightwish. Plus have 2 CD's out. Very interesting stuff.

Wow. Before watching, I really thought you guys were out of your mind for liking this. haha. It's pretty damn good and definitely different. Anyone know how they get that guitar sound at the end? It just doesn't seem like something they can do with their voice.

I thought the first album was a bit of a novelty. They had a unique idea, but they didn't pull it off so well. But the second album is pretty awesome. They made the rhythm section crunchier and did some better songwriting.

To me, this would be an ideal group to provide entertainment between sets at PP. Minus the drums, of course.

I thought the first album was a bit of a novelty. They had a unique idea, but they didn't pull it off so well. But the second album is pretty awesome. They made the rhythm section crunchier and did some better songwriting.

To me, this would be an ideal group to provide entertainment between sets at PP. Minus the drums, of course.

I could totally see them for a mid-week mayhem. Won't happen though. I do admire them though. I always appreciate musicians that try something new. Is it something I'd like to listen to a lot? Hell no! It's something fun though to listen to.