I need a room for PP 8

JenniferLynn

AKA Irish
Sep 26, 2004
Sterling VA
If I'm doing this incorrectly ~ the powers that be have permission to beat me upon sight at PP8.. or allow me to buy them a round or something...

I had a room with some pals... In a miscommunication, I think, I no longer have that room and I'm now left going 'WTF!?!'... So now not only am I hoping to acquire a Gold Badge (probably only for this year if someone has one but can't come this year.. I don't want rights ~ or is that a bad thing ~ I dunno how the whole thing works!!!!) I need to find a room now too. :yuk:

I haven't contacted those that know me ~ it's that time of year and we're all runnin' around like chickens with our heads cut off until Jan 2!! ~ but if anyone can steer me in a room direction... Hell with the way my luck is going, I may even need road trip parners!! ~ PM me or something...

Keep my dream of hittin' PP 8 alive!!! hehehe

Hi Jennifer - I wouldnt worry about the rooms - some always become available closer to the time of the fest - the real world intrudes upon some poor souls (which is really gonna suck with the lineup so far this year). That said - I have rooms reserved at a couple of places - waiting to see if I luck out and end up a sponsor before making any real decision - and when I get ready to call andd cancel my reservations at the ones I willl not be using - i willcertainly inform the board ahead of time so you can either call right after i cancel - or hook up a 3 way (phone call LOL) with the hotel and switch em over to another deserving attendee. You wont be homeless I'm sure, hell as a reformed east coaster (and my roomie drives down from Maryland each year) I have a soft spot for the people who still live out there.

Cheers,
Jeff

^^^ what he said. :) I too have a probably "extra" reservation that may become available closer to show time. I'm sure quite a few folks here do, and I think everyone generally posts and offers up any extra rooms before releasing them to the general public.

I've been looking to take a trip from Buffalo NY to ProgPower this year...the only thing im concerned about is the Hotel situation. Do the local Motel 6's and those other "cheaper" motels sell out in way advance or no?

Mucho thanks for the reply guys... Coldie ~ I may take ya up on that seat... I'd luv to stay at the Rez again 'cause breakfast kicked ass and seeing all the people I knew from home was great too :) but ya know what.. I just want a nearby room to lay my head down in... I admit, this was more of a bit of a vent/ I can't believe I got the boot but hey shit hits the fan and lands on everything... I just want to get there n' have a good time!!!:kickass:

I can't believe I got the boot but hey shit hits the fan and lands on everything... I just want to get there n' have a good time!!!:kickass:

Thats inaccurate. You never got "the boot". From my understanding as of last month you werent going next year. Sorry but I cant wait around...... Im in tight financial times myself and needed to make sure I had a 3rd person covered for help with our room next year.

I even sent a message weeks ago to you on MSN asking you about PP8 and your status which went unreplied.

This was obviously a case of misunderstanding. I really wish you'd had chosen better adjectives to describe the situation. I may act like an asshole at times but when it comes down to shit like this Im as reasonable as it comes.

Thats inaccurate. You never got "the boot". From my understanding as of last month you werent going next year. Sorry but I cant wait around...... Im in tight financial times myself and needed to make sure I had a 3rd person covered for help with our room next year.

I even sent a message weeks ago to you on MSN asking you about PP8 and your status which went unreplied.

This was obviously a case of misunderstanding. I really wish you'd had chosen better adjectives to describe the situation. I may act like an asshole at times but when it comes down to shit like this Im as reasonable as it comes.

Hey now, come on... you said it yourself ~ bad choice of adjectives ~ I'm not pissed, bummed 'cause I was really lookin' foward to that but that's just how things happen sometimes... but I'm still bummed... Oh and there will be no allotment for panties to get in a bunch... not going to happen.. uh uh no way... And asshole is a bit harsh... Pain in the ass, yes.. but not the latter :p

And I never got that MSN message; it could be attributed to the fact that sometimes my system reboots when I'm not around, so anything on the screen isn't there when I turn on the monitor...

I also am looking for a Granada room well actually 2 rooms or enough space for 6 people to fit somewhat comfortably. And no Drew and anyone else that stayed in drew's suite last year that is not comfortable to have that many people in there. I heard at one point they had 8-12 people passed out in their room. JEEZ!

I also am looking for a Granada room well actually 2 rooms or enough space for 6 people to fit somewhat comfortably. And no Drew and anyone else that stayed in drew's suite last year that is not comfortable to have that many people in there. I heard at one point they had 8-12 people passed out in their room. JEEZ!

They need to hire a Drag & Drop Service... to drag everyone back to their hotels and drop them off in their rooms. :lol:

I believe we have, and the more, the merrier. :kickass: Though I'm not sure the Granada would agree. :lol:

They're gonna have to expand the porch area soon.:lol:

Actually, the courtyard area at the Granada is really very nice, so along with the porch makes for a really nice place to hang out.

I've been looking to take a trip from Buffalo NY to ProgPower this year...the only thing im concerned about is the Hotel situation. Do the local Motel 6's and those other "cheaper" motels sell out in way advance or no?

Anyone got any idea?

They need to hire a Drag & Drop Service... to drag everyone back to their hotels and drop them off in their rooms. :lol:

I usually just do the 'Granada Crawl' back to my room. Which isn't quite as easy to do, when you go to the Residence Inn to party with some friends...mighty long crawl back to the Granada.:lol:

I usually just do the 'Granada Crawl' back to my room. Which isn't quite as easy to do, when you go to the Residence Inn to party with some friends...mighty long crawl back to the Granada.:lol:
Even harder from the Courtyard. A couple of us took a cab. Pathetic, I know. o_O