"I will walk... with my hands bound"

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
What an amazing song...

I make no secret of being an Eddie Vedder fanboy as passion trumphs technique in my vocal world. I've been going back through my Pearl Jam collection and came up with this musical bliss playlist for my Ipod.

World Wide Suicide
Betterman
Even Flow
I Got ID
State of Love and Trust
Black [Brendan O'Brien Remix]
Gone
Dirty Frank
Alive [Brendan O'Brien Remix]
Last Kiss
Jeremy
Long Road
Once [Brendan O'Brien Remix]
Animal
Crown Of Thorns (Live, The Gorge 1-9-05, Mother Love Bone cover)
Garden
Go
Corduroy
Given to Fly
Rearviewmirror
Love, Reign O'er Me (The Who cover)
Baba O'Riley (Live, The Gorge 1-9-05, The Who cover)
Spin the Black Circle
Wash
Other Side
Not for You
Life Wasted
Do the Evolution
Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
Save You
Porch
Wishlist
Rockin' In the Free World (Neil Young cover)
I Won't Back Down (Live, The Gorge 1-9-05, Tom Petty Cover-acoustic)
Fatal
Footsteps
Yellow Ledbetter

Even if you hate them, you have to respect them. In a time when we are lucky to get 90 minute identical sets from our favorite prog/power bands, Pearl Jam play 3 hours and mix up the setlist every night.

I have a lot of respect for them. And Ten is still one of the all-time great discs in my impression. However, they were so overly concerned about being pigeon-holed, that everything that followed Ten was pigeon crap. I believe Vitalogy was the first CD I ever ran over with my car.

Zod

I have a lot of respect for them. And Ten is still one of the all-time great discs in my impression. However, they were so overly concerned about being pigeon-holed, that everything that followed Ten was pigeon crap. I believe Vitalogy was the first CD I ever ran over with my car.

Zod

Vitalogy was the first CD of theirs that I bought. I think its really good. My favorite is Vs. though.

Yes...Eddie is a huge Cubs fans (I believe he grew up in Evanston and took the "El" to catch many a game as a kid) and gets out to Wrigley Field as much as his schedule allows it. He annually sings Take Me Out to the Ball Game. For me, being a lifelong Cubs fan I whole-heartedly agree w/ rockyracoon...that song "Go All the Way" should forever be retired as it only brings on nausea and seizures for their true diehard fanbase.

THAT's where I heard them do that song. His screams are truly Daltry-esque. I loved PJ's first couple of albums, even though I didn't like grunge. What was the name of that movie? I'd much rather watch Adam Sandler act than try to be funny.

Chris :headbang:

Ten is the only PJ cd in my collection, and it does still get a few spins every year. Not so big on the rest of their output, but I don't spend much time slagging them for it. :)

No offense to any fan of the band but I am very happy to say that I never owned any Pearl Jam, its personal preference, they just never really took. For me Alice in Chains was the band out of the northwest that was the pinnacle of the Seattle scene.

Bear

That's an outstanding playlist, Glenn. My musical tastes have shifted many times over the years, but Pearl Jam and Queen have always remained the two constants. I've seen them live a number of times during their career, and they just seem to get better every time. I love the old albums of course, but I'm also a huge fan of No Code and their recent self-titled effort. I'm really not sure why so many people hate on all their post-Ten albums, the only real clunker (in my opinion) was Binaural.

Eddie Vedder is my #2 all-time vocalist, after Freddie Mercury.

Even if you hate them, you have to respect them.

l despise the entire grunge scene...l'm equal opportunity. ;)

In a time when we are lucky to get 90 minute identical sets from our favorite prog/power bands, Pearl Jam play 3 hours and mix up the setlist every night.

That's why Dream Theater is my favorite prog metal band...they do the same. You can hate them too...but you have to respect them. :cool: