Iced Earth announce Fall U.S. Tour Schedule

Apr 10, 2006
Pawtucket, RI
ICED EARTH ANNOUNCE 2008 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR SCHEDULE

ICED EARTH have confirmed 16 North American tour dates for the Fall of 2008 that will take the band to all corners of the United States including New York, Florida, Oregon, and California, as well as dates in Toronto and Montreal, Canada. Joining the band as special guests are Into Eternity and Saviours. For the dates listed below, ICED EARTH will be offering a very limited number of fans the opportunity to attend the show as the band’s guest VIPs. Fans who purchase a “Child of the Wicked” VIP package with www.icedearth.com will receive the following:

- A Ticket to an ICED EARTH Concert
- VIP meet and greet with ICED EARTH
- Autographed item from ICED EARTH
- Limited Edition ICED EARTH T-Shirt
- VIP commemorative laminate

The VIP packages are very limited and available on a first-come/first-serve basis via the ICED EARTH website. The VIP package cost is $65 including the concert ticket. VIP packages and ticket sales via www.icedearth.com will be available starting June 13. Regular tickets sales via Ticketmaster and all other outlets will not begin until June 20 and will be subject to local service fees. Go to this location to purchase VIP packages.

September 21 – Harpos. Detroit, Michigan
September 22 – Phoenix Concert Theatre. Toronto, Ontario, Canada
September 23 – Le Medley. Montreal, Quebec, Canada
September 24 – Trocadero. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
September 25 – 9:30 Club. Washington, D.C.
September 26 – Amos’ Southbend. Charlotte, North Carolina
September 27 – Center Stage. ProgPower USA IX. Atlanta** (SOLD OUT)
September 28 – House of Blues. Lake Buena Vista, Florida
September 29 – The Orange Peel. Asheville, North Carolina
September 30 – House of Blues. Cleveland, Ohio
October 14 – The Norva. Norfolk, Virginia
October 15 – The Palladium. Worchester, Massachusetts
October 16 – Nokia Theater. New York, New York
October 22 – Hawthrone Theater. Portland, Oregon
October 23 – Regency Center@ The Grand Ballroom. San Francisco, California
October 24 – The Avalon. Los Angeles, California

Its too bad that they won't be staying around for the festival. They'll probably show up, play a regular set and leave. I'll still enjoy them.

Its also interesting that suddenly that whole 'we can't tour... we don't want to tour' thing went out the window.

Wow, this must be the first time in IE history that a US tour did not include Chicago. Glad they were at Powerfest. I assume the reason for skipping Chicago is because they already played Powerfest.

The VIP package at $65 is really good! A concert ticket and t shirt would put you right at $65 anyhow.

Weak openers though. Usually IE does better.

I agree that the openers could have been better. Into Eternity is good. Possibly even very good. But they tour constantly, with everyone.

I also agree that it seems Jon and Co. won't be hanging around at all. All they have time to do is arrive, play the gig, and split.

I really, really like Iced Earth. But I kind of hoped their PPUSA appearance was more of an "event" to them. As it stands now, it's just another gig sandwiched into a very tight tour schedule. It would have been uber cool if IE had waited to start their tour AFTER appearing at PPUSA to give all of us who cheered them on and hailed Glenn's announcement an extra special treat. Do you know what I mean?

Still, it's Iced Earth. I just won't see them in Detroit before their appearance at PPUSA to help make their headlining gig with us more special to me.

Saviours is cool as hell. Into Eternity, well who really expected them to not be on this tour? I'll be seeing IE at ProgPower but I wouldn't mind seeing Saviours eventually.

Glad I'll be seeing Iced Earth at ProgPower USA since this tour that was just announced basically avoids an embarrassingly large swath of the US. Nothing in Texas? Hmmmm.......something wicked this way doesn't come.

Glad I'll be seeing Iced Earth at ProgPower USA since this tour that was just announced basically avoids an embarrassingly large swath of the US. Nothing in Texas? Hmmmm.......something wicked this way doesn't come.

So far, 33 dates in 2008 in North America and Europe with Matt holding down a full-time job with the PD isn't too shabby, IMO. You can't please all the people all the time. How many promoters in Texas made a bid for this tour?

So far, 33 dates in 2008 in North America and Europe with Matt holding down a full-time job with the PD isn't too shabby, IMO. You can't please all the people all the time. How many promoters in Texas made a bid for this tour?

True, you can't please them all. And since I'm seeing them in Atlanta anyway the lack of Texas dates doesn't really bother me. It was more of an observation on my part. Still I am surprised, given Iced Earth's apparent fan base, that more US cities weren't on the tour. Matt's full-time job, obviously, is a mitigating factor to broader scheduling. I'm sure there are other reasons, too. You make an interesting point about the promoters, too. I really have no way of knowing how many promoters in Texas made a bid for this tour. In reality I'm pretty far-removed from that aspect of the concert world. My involvement is, like many, when I hear about a show I want to see I buy my ticket and go.

I'm trying to decide... do I hit the Cleveland show, even though I hate going to shows here in Cleveland, or do I make the trip out to Harpo's for the first time in like 7 years? (And for the record, that last band I saw at Harpo's was.... Iced Earth! And I also wasn't living in Michigan at the time. LOL)

Holy crap. Seriously... enough already with Into Eternity.

Zod
Just go to the show late. geesho_O

I'm kinda surprised that they are playing 2 shows in NC, awesome, but they are both very close to each other.. Maybe they should've done raleigh and charlotte. oh well, I'm getting the vip tomorrow.