IN FLAMES.....fans!!!

woosta said:
"Haven" is hands down and far away the best DT cd for my ears. I love that cd.

Cool, it works for you. For me, other than "The Wonders at Your Feet", there is absolutely nothing memorable about that album. I enjoy basically every other DT release out there.

woosta said:
This whole post seems a no win situation; a band doesn't change and they get "samey and boring". They DO change and they "sell out". Only in metal. :erk:

I assume you're only responding to the first paragraph of my post and not the second paragraph about In Flames' still solid live show. Regardless, re-read what I wrote about Dark Tranquillity's "The Projector" album, which I love. They changed, and I found the whole project filled with ambition and creativity.

I never used the term "sell out" as it relates to In Flames, but I do NOT find the same characteristics I found on DT's "Projector" in any of In Flames' latest releases. IF's latest releases to me are for the most part devoid of creativity. Their "evolution" appears to be in a direction dictated by modern trends, from image to sound effects to guitar riffs. They simply appear to lack the "focus" they once had and it reflects in the weak songwriting on their last few releases. Opinion only, nothing more.

Jason

@ woosta:

By the way, when I used the term "repetitive" as it relates to In Flames, it was with respect to the repetitive nature of the songs they choose to play live from their older albums. I'd love to see them mix things up once in awhile to include older gems like "The Hive", "Goliaths Disarm Their Davids", "Stand Ablaze", "Upon an Oaken Throne", "Dead Eternity", etc.

Jason

4acidbath4 said:
Thats why i love Dark Tranquililty because they are staying true to the Gothenburg sound. Can't wait to catch them on the Opeth tour. I will also attend the IN FLAMES show, since its right in my back yard unlike the OPETH/DARK TRANQUILLITY, have to drive an hour and 45min....

which show are you going to? im going to the opeth/dt/dtb show in raleigh then the in flames show in charlotte. cant fucking wait.:D

Dark One said:
Cool, it works for you. For me, other than "The Wonders at Your Feet", there is absolutely nothing memorable about that album. I enjoy basically every other DT release out there.
I have to agree with Jason on this. Other than "Wonders" this disc bores me to tears.

woosta, I'm surprised if you like this, you don't love "Damage Done". To my ear, they are identical discs (songwriting approach, production, vibe, etc.), with "Damage" having vastly superior songs.

Zod

My 2 cents on the album...

I like it. It's much better than Soundtrack to Your Escape, but it's no Clayman nor Reroute To Remain (which I personally find amazing)

Can't wait to see them next week in NY. Same thing with Dark Tranquility in a couple weeks!

Achilles Aetanius said:
which show are you going to? im going to the opeth/dt/dtb show in raleigh then the in flames show in charlotte. cant fucking wait.:D

Im going to the Opeth/DT show in hartford, ct. and the IF show right here in Cohoes, ny. well its listed as albany,ny.

IN FLAMES' brand new album "Come Clarity" has vaulted to the top of the college radio and commercial specialty Hard Rock charts — across the board — in just its second week. "Come Clarity" hit North American stores on Tuesday, February 7 via New Jersey's Ferret Music. Propelled by the red-hot single and video "Take This Life", "Come Clarity" has taken over the #1 position on the CMJ Loud Rock and FMQB Metal Detector charts, as well as the CMJ Loud Rock Select Albums, Mediaguide Metal Specialty Albums and Mediaguide Metal Specialty Songs charts, respectively.

IN FLAMES' North American "Come Clarity" headlining tour launched on January 25 to a sold-out crowd at the Marquee Theatre in Tempe, AZ. The scheduled 29-city tour is expected to conclude on February 26 at the House of Blues in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Support on the IN FLAMES tour is provided by TRIVIUM, DEVILDRIVER and ZAO.:headbang:

IN FLAMES were honored with the "Swedish Music Export" prize at Sweden's "Grammis" awards, which were held Tuesday night, February 7 at Cirkus in Stockholm. IN FLAMES are the first metal band ever to win this award. "Thanks to IN FLAMES, Sweden now have a metal band in the absolute world elite," the Swedish economy minister Thomas Östros said of the award.

IN FLAMES' North American "Come Clarity" headlining tour launched on January 25 to a sold-out crowd at the Marquee Theatre in Tempe, AZ. The scheduled 29-city tour is expected to conclude on February 26 at the House of Blues in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Support on the IN FLAMES tour is provided by TRIVIUM, DEVILDRIVER and ZAO.

General Zod said:
I have to agree with Jason on this. Other than "Wonders" this disc bores me to tears.

woosta, I'm surprised if you like this, you don't love "Damage Done". To my ear, they are identical discs (songwriting approach, production, vibe, etc.), with "Damage" having vastly superior songs.

Zod

I can't hear the clear melodies in Damage Done as I can in Haven. Don't get me wrong, I like them all, but Haven stands out for me.

Dark One said:
@ woosta:

By the way, when I used the term "repetitive" as it relates to In Flames, it was with respect to the repetitive nature of the songs they choose to play live from their older albums. I'd love to see them mix things up once in awhile to include older gems like "The Hive", "Goliaths Disarm Their Davids", "Stand Ablaze", "Upon an Oaken Throne", "Dead Eternity", etc.

Jason

I wasn't really just speaking about your post. I was more referring to the overall tone of the responses so far. I find it's always the case with In Flames posts to wind up settling on "sell out" or "samey". It's like a no win. Personally, I think they are one of the strongest bands out there today that can link modern and metal (and Soilwork too).

4acidbath4 said:
IN FLAMES' brand new album "Come Clarity" has vaulted to the top of the college radio and commercial specialty Hard Rock charts — across the board — in just its second week.

We've been reporting it to CMJ and FMQB for a couple of weeks. I think we added it 2 or 3 weeks ago. (Too lazy to check the playlists :tickled: ) For recent spins and adds, though, I think all of our current on-air staff prefer Stormblast MMV.

woosta said:
I wasn't really just speaking about your post. I was more referring to the overall tone of the responses so far. I find it's always the case with In Flames posts to wind up settling on "sell out" or "samey". It's like a no win. Personally, I think they are one of the strongest bands out there today that can link modern and metal (and Soilwork too).

I see - you had said "this post" in that prior reply so it kind of threw me for a loop. Either way, you certainly can't argue with the band's recent success, I just happen to think that they could have achieved the same level of success without departing from their earlier style so dramatically. Still, I have nothing against the band making it big - hell, if the success they achieve can help other bands in the underground scene achieve some of it as well, I'm all for it.

In Flames was the first melodic death metal band I really got into. That was many many years ago. I still consider The Jester Race and Whoracle 2 of the greatest albums ever written.

I can remember the first time I saw the artwork for Reroute and hearing Cloud Connected, I felt crushed, haha. Although I do appreciate Reroute now, That song was the sign of things to come; Soundtrack helped destroy what In Flames was and meant to Melodic Death Metal.

I've come to terms with the fact In Flames will never (and can't) record another Whoracle. But this new album contains all the best qualities of In Flames. The trademark swedish death metal melodies (That they helped define), speed, ultra heaviness, and the newer vocal harmonies of the latter albums. It proves In Flames are still In Flames, 10 years later and 10 years older. I look forward to finally seeing a dream come true, an In Flames headlining show (too bad their lineup doesn't come close to fellow swedish MDM pioneers Dark Tranquillity's tour). Cheers!

According to a posting on IN FLAMES' official web site, the group's new album, "Come Clarity", has registered the following chart positions in Europe so far:

Sweden: #1
Finland: #1
Germany: #6
Norway: #16
Austria: #27
Denmark: #52
U.K.: #67

IN FLAMES' North American "Come Clarity" headlining tour launched on January 25 to a sold-out crowd at the Marquee Theatre in Tempe, AZ. The scheduled 29-city tour is expected to conclude on February 26 at the House of Blues in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Support on the IN FLAMES tour is provided by TRIVIUM, DEVILDRIVER and ZAO.

Saw the tour in Detroit on Friday night.

Devil Driver made new fans out of everyone in Harpo's. Stage diving every 30 seconds. Tall lanky kid did a forward flip off the stage! Reminded me of my high school days in swimming/diving! I've never seen a band even let people get on stage with them, let alone hug each one before they kamikaze'd back to the fury of that pit.

Trivium DESTROYED everyone. The mosh pit was the entire main floor. If you've been to Harpo's, you know what I'm talking about. There was nothing that could equal that performance. Trivium stole the show again. They busted out some Dimebag for us to pay homage. They even played Washburns and the new Razorback Dimes. Unreal. Destroyed us.

In Flames.... well, we left about 5 songs in. And so did a LOT of people there. Their guitar tone was nothing compared to what I've heard from them in the past shows, which have been a lot. The singer is a crap front man. He barely interacted with the crowd, hardly had any enthusiasm, and the stage lighting, while technically impressive, were HORRIBLE to the eyes. Blinding strobes, terrible back lighting that kept us from actually seeing the band, and did not let us enjoy the show. Wimpy performance. Stood quite still. NOT WHAT I REMEMBER FROM THE CLAYMAN ERA TOURS.

In Flames got soft and sold out. I'm sorry. My brother has been the biggest In Flames fan for years now. It was HE who said, "Allright we can go now."

Trivium has the best thing going for them. They're upstaging one of the heaviest hitters on the current touring scene, and sending the audiences home before In Flames even gets halfway through their set. I wanna say that In Flames and Trivium should swap headlining spots for the rest of this tour, but then people would have to sit through all of In Flames. Lame.

I'm gonna say it right fuckin now.

TRIVIUM IS THE ULTIMATE FUCKIN METAL SHOW. These guys are picking up exactly where MetallicA dropped off, and will be even more devastating in the future. The new heroes of good ol' fashioned thrash metal.

4acidbath4 said:

Out of curiosity, why do you keep bringing these press clippings to our attention? Are you affiliated with Nuclear Blast or In Flames or something??

Bryan316 said:
Saw the tour in Detroit on Friday night.

Devil Driver made new fans out of everyone in Harpo's. Stage diving every 30 seconds. Tall lanky kid did a forward flip off the stage! Reminded me of my high school days in swimming/diving! I've never seen a band even let people get on stage with them, let alone hug each one before they kamikaze'd back to the fury of that pit.

Trivium DESTROYED everyone. The mosh pit was the entire main floor. If you've been to Harpo's, you know what I'm talking about. There was nothing that could equal that performance. Trivium stole the show again. They busted out some Dimebag for us to pay homage. They even played Washburns and the new Razorback Dimes. Unreal. Destroyed us.

In Flames.... well, we left about 5 songs in. And so did a LOT of people there. Their guitar tone was nothing compared to what I've heard from them in the past shows, which have been a lot. The singer is a crap front man. He barely interacted with the crowd, hardly had any enthusiasm, and the stage lighting, while technically impressive, were HORRIBLE to the eyes. Blinding strobes, terrible back lighting that kept us from actually seeing the band, and did not let us enjoy the show. Wimpy performance. Stood quite still. NOT WHAT I REMEMBER FROM THE CLAYMAN ERA TOURS.

In Flames got soft and sold out. I'm sorry. My brother has been the biggest In Flames fan for years now. It was HE who said, "Allright we can go now."

Trivium has the best thing going for them. They're upstaging one of the heaviest hitters on the current touring scene, and sending the audiences home before In Flames even gets halfway through their set. I wanna say that In Flames and Trivium should swap headlining spots for the rest of this tour, but then people would have to sit through all of In Flames. Lame.

I'm gonna say it right fuckin now.

TRIVIUM IS THE ULTIMATE FUCKIN METAL SHOW. These guys are picking up exactly where MetallicA dropped off, and will be even more devastating in the future. The new heroes of good ol' fashioned thrash metal.

I'll be attending tom. nights show. I'm hoping your wrong about IF set, but we will see. As for your comment on Devil Driver :OMG: If you have never seen a band let fans get on stage with them, then you must must not get out alot, that is more of a normal accurance around these parts. Oh and by the way, Devil Driver have been the worst band live i have had to sit for in the past!!!!o_O

It ain't a matter of "getting out a lot". I've seen plenty of stage divers.

It's the venue.

If you've ever been to Harpo's, you'll understand that the stage is 7 feet taller than the ground and is a flat concrete wall. Very very difficult to scale unless you've got a buddy's knee to step onto. Plus, Harpo's security is ADAMANT about beating your ass. For any reason. So for the band to say, "Fuck it, he made it up here I'll give him a hug and watch him dive off!" is a hell of a thing in that club.

But to see a guy jumping from this stage at least once every 30 seconds? That's crazy.

And I've seen the entire stage at the I-Rock in Detroit filled up with humans at an In Flames show years ago. Plenty of stage diving. He told the crowd he wanted everyone to join him up there, and they ALL did. then they all jumped. at once. Scary.

Sigh. I hate moshing. I go to a concert to listen to the music, not to watch methed up jerks ruining a show for others. I just hope at the Roxy I can enjoy the show and not be worried about having to knock some guy on his ass who can't control where he swings his arms. >_<