Joey Belladonna Rejoins Anthrax!

OK, fair enough.
Just a little laughable.
I mean saying you hung out with Joey Belladonna along with 50 cents would barely get you a small soda at Wendy's....

But then again, how does that even make sense? I mentioned it here because it pertained to the conversation at hand. At Wendy's? Really? All I said was that I hung out with him one night before/after a show here that Swordlord produced, and that topic came up in a conversation that I was listening to. I wasn't even taking part in the conversation, I was simply listening to his side of the story, which very well may have been false, but it seemed/seems a lot more probable than anything Charlie or Scott could muster up. Just look at the list of past vocalists for Anthrax. Neil has nothing nice to say about them, Joey won't bash them or praise them, John seems to have finally realized how they operate and is distancing himself from them, and the way that the Dan situation was handled was laughable at best.

But then again, how does that even make sense? I mentioned it here because it pertained to the conversation at hand. At Wendy's? Really? All I said was that I hung out with him one night before/after a show here that Swordlord produced, and that topic came up in a conversation that I was listening to. I wasn't even taking part in the conversation, I was simply listening to his side of the story, which very well may have been false, but it seemed/seems a lot more probable than anything Charlie or Scott could muster up. Just look at the list of past vocalists for Anthrax. Neil has nothing nice to say about them, Joey won't bash them or praise them, John seems to have finally realized how they operate and is distancing himself from them, and the way that the Dan situation was handled was laughable at best.

You need to chill, dude. Relax. People are just joking around with you. What I don't get though was why you would even bring up that you were hanging with him and listening to his side of the story if it's not something you or anyone else can bring up. I don't see how that helps the conversation one bit. I know you aren't the first one to say something like that, but I really don't get when people say "well I talked to so and so and know the reason why but I'm not telling anyone." That doesn't help anyone out and should just be yours to know and that's it in my opinion.

You need to chill, dude. Relax. People are just joking around with you. What I don't get though was why you would even bring up that you were hanging with him and listening to his side of the story if it's not something you or anyone else can bring up. I don't see how that helps the conversation one bit. I know you aren't the first one to say something like that, but I really don't get when people say "well I talked to so and so and know the reason why but I'm not telling anyone." That doesn't help anyone out and should just be yours to know and that's it in my opinion.

I love how everyone tells me to chill and relax? I am relaxed... I don't understand the deal at all. I simply brought up what I did to illustrate that there are always 2 sides to every story and after hearing both sides, I am pretty confident that all of the dribble that and Scott was throwing out in the press while badmouthing him. One minute they are practically begging him to rejoin so they can bask in that past glory and the other minute he's nothing to them. Now, before responding, I am calm, I don't need to chill out, and I am perfectly relaxed, trying to take part in a discussion.

Urge to kill rising... rising... rising... falling... falling... RISING!

Time!
Got the time tick, tick, tickin' in my head
Time!
Time!

Ticking in my head
Ticking in my head
Ticking in my head

I like SOWN, but it wasn't an ANTHRAX album.

It was their decent into modern-metal mediocrity, which many bands were going through at the time.

If they worked shit out the first time when Joey and Dan came back, they would have been successful as hell. All the shows got great reviews. Many sold out shows, etc.

So, what makes them think it's going to work THIS time around, after all the drama?

SOWN is simply an okay album to me. I've always thought that some fans tend to overrate that one. In my opinion, The Persistence of Time is a much better outing.

~Brian~

Well, think about it at the time it came out.
Long time fans were growing sick of the band being more concerned with commercial antics VS true musical ability (IE - the whole Public Enemy collaboration, TV appearances such as Married With Children, etc).

SOWN was less cartoonish than previous efforts, in terms of subject matter and imagery. Add in Bush who was a well respected underground metal frontman.

Was the album great? No. Though it gave hope to long time fans who were getting tired of the shtick, I suppose. The problem was that all subsequent releases were poop. They became too good of friends with Pantera.. :lol:

Well, think about it at the time it came out.
Long time fans were growing sick of the band being more concerned with commercial antics VS true musical ability (IE - the whole Public Enemy collaboration, TV appearances such as Married With Children, etc).

SOWN was less cartoonish than previous efforts, in terms of subject matter and imagery. Add in Bush who was a well respected underground metal frontman.

Was the album great? No. Though it gave hope to long time fans who were getting tired of the shtick, I suppose. The problem was that all subsequent releases were poop. They became too good of friends with Pantera.. :lol:

The thing is, the band did let the "wacky" or "cartoonish" stuff go with the Persistence of Time album.

~Brian~