Jon Drenning speaks to Metal Examiner about Midnight

Nice interview, sad but nice! Jon is a class act for sure! BUT...maybe I missed what his health issues were and alleged cause of death? can you shed any light Mrs. D ?

Crimson Glory's official press release can be found on Blabbermouth, Bravewords, as well as the Crimson Glory myspace and official website.
But in a nutshell, Midnight died from complications resulting from a longtime illness.

Did anyone notice this question?

In the more immediate, what are the plans for the memorial service this weekend?

We’re going to get together with family and friends. Most of the people who will be coming will be local, of course. But we’re making arrangements to do something bigger in September in Atlanta, where we’re hoping to do a big memorial for Midnight, so all the metal fans can come out and share Midnight’s life.

Could CG have been the surprise Shane was working on? And now this memorial is what it might end up turning into? Why else would it be in Atlanta in September? Sure I'm speculating, but blame Jon Drenning! :loco:

Could CG have been the surprise Shane was working on? And now this memorial is what it might end up turning into? Why else would it be in Atlanta in September? Sure I'm speculating, but blame Jon Drenning! :loco:[/quote

Speculation regarding Shane is wrong. However, I will confirm that Jon, the rest of the band, and I hope to do somethning at the fest to honor Midnight's memory.

Very cool! I'm sure you probably wanted to keep that under wraps for now, but it's awesome to hear if it gets worked out. :headbang:

Interesting interview. I guess I was one of the few who actually loved "Strange and Beautiful" when it was released. My original copy was on cassette, and I carried it with me everywhere!

However, I will confirm that Jon, the rest of the band, and I hope to do somethning at the fest to honor Midnight's memory.

Wow, I'm sure there won't be a dry eye in the house.

Hopefully, I'm not speaking out of school, as this thread is devoted to Midnight, but it would also be great to see one of the bands pay tribute to Shadow Gallery's Mike Baker -- another one-of-a-kind voice silenced since last year's ProgPower. :cry:

but it would also be great to see one of the bands pay tribute to Shadow Gallery's Mike Baker -- another one-of-a-kind voice silenced since last year's ProgPower. :cry:

l think the situation with Midnight will be done moreso considering he actually performed at PP. Shadow Gallery never gave PP the time of day. Just a thought.

l think the situation with Midnight will be done moreso considering he actually performed at PP.

Totally understood and expected -- I wasn't intending to start a debate. I just thought that some sort of recognition for Mr. Baker during the PP festivities would be welcome...even if it's just a quick shout-out from the stage by one of the performers.