JORN-LONELY ARE THE BRAVE

Aug 16, 2006
A little exclusive here I believe - the news being that Jorn's brand new album will be titled Lonely Are the Brave and I'm told that it is more in a straight ahead hard rock direction! :headbang: Release is set for May 2008.

(www.melodicrock.com)

I've pretty much lost interest in him of late. Since Ark spilit up I think everything he's done is pretty generic. I can't think of a single disc he's done since "Burn The Sun" that really captured my attention.

Britt

I've pretty much lost interest in him of late. Since Ark spilit up I think everything he's done is pretty generic. I can't think of a single disc he's done since "Burn The Sun" that really captured my attention.

Britt

Masterplan - Aeoronautics!!!!!!!! Its right up there with Burn the Sun for me

I like all of Jorns solo' cd's as well,and the two Allen - Lande projects. Great stuff and he kicks ass on the latest Ayreon as well.

Bear

The only one of Jorn's solo albums I've actually enjoyed was Worldchanger, and he's been pretty clear that he's done with music of that style for good. The man has an incredible voice, but I seem to like him a lot more when he's singing music he didn't write.

When I finish being pissed off at him for his attitude about the DVD from his last visit to Atlanta, I will listen to another disc he tries to sell.

Masterplan - Aeoronautics!!!!!!!! Its right up there with Burn the Sun for me

I like all of Jorns solo' cd's as well,and the two Allen - Lande projects. Great stuff and he kicks ass on the latest Ayreon as well.

Bear
I did like the debut Masterplan disc, but didn't get into Aeronautics. The Battle discs have their moments, but I'm not a big fan of either. All of his solo discs have a couple good tunes, but never rank real high with me, because I think they are uneven. All in all I think he's a great vocalist, but his material is hit and miss. I also agree with Braxil, I don't think he's a great song writer.

Britt

Can't say I've disliked anything Jorn's ever done. Some might call it generic, but I just think of it as good heavy rock/metal with great powerful vocals. I really enjoyed The Duke, so I'm looking forward to his next studio release. :headbang:

I'm the same...can't think of anything I've heard from him that I didn't like...Ark, Masterplan, Jorn, Allen Lande, Brazen Abbot, Millenium...all of it...

Wow hes competing with Edguy to see who can put out releases faster! That said I cant wait to see what Viggo comes up with next!

Jorn can't do any wrong in my opinion. With that said, hasn't he been going in a straight forward rock direction for awhile? :loco:

~Brian~

thats what i thought too....

out to every nation is definitely his highlight to me, i guess im in the minority.

the masterplan self titled disc also is one of my favs.

anyone else have Beyond Twilight's "The Devil's Hall of Fame"?

that's my favorite jorn album. and out to every nation is the best album to drive to on a sunny day like today.