Kamelot photos - Chicago - Sept. 30, 2006

Awesome shots per usual.

Kamelot093006_016.jpg

:OMG:

out of curiosity, what camera and settings were you using?

Canon EOS 5D with Canon EF 35mm f/1.2L and a second Canon EOS 5D with Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L. Generally, ISO 800 at f/2.8 and 1/100 sec.

Every show is different unless your shooting multiple shows on the same tour, so I try to find a "happy medium" for each shot that falls between between the bright light moments and dark light moments and keep my camera in manual mode so I can adjust the shutter or f-stop on the fly without taking my eyes away from the viewfinder.

Lights get bright = faster shutter and/or smaller aperture compared to "happy medium" setting. Lights get darker = slower shutter and/or bigger aperture compared to "happy medium" setting. Shoot Camera RAW format if you're camera is capable. RAW files take some processing with special software and must be converted into a format like JPG or TIF before you can post or print them, so there is some work involved, but the additional controll you get during the processing of RAW files to tweak exposure or white balance is something you cannot do if you shoot JPG or TIF mode. Photoshop CS and CS2 can process RAW files.

Every camera that can shoot RAW files should come with bundled software allowing you to open the RAW files and export them to JPG or TIFF.

Hope this helps.

I'd love a much larger shot of #120. Awesome photo.
I ended up making #47 my background at work. :worship:

Cool! Anyone is free to download the images from the gallery to decorate their computer desktop. The jpegs are 500 pixels tall or wide, but if you'd like an 800 pixel image, then I can send you one (but not anything larger).

oh WOW! Someone tell me why I missed this tour again? I should have driven every which way to catch this. Amazing, amazing shots.

oh WOW! Someone tell me why I missed this tour again? I should have driven every which way to catch this. Amazing, amazing shots.

The DVD is great. Without a doubt Khan kicks major ass and sounds even better live then on the Black Halo CD.

It may not seem like a consolation to being at the live show, but as far as concert DVDs go it's the best one I've seen in a while.

Goes without saying, but highly recommended if you haven't seen it yet.

The DVD is great. Without a doubt Khan kicks major ass and sounds even better live then on the Black Halo CD. It may not seem like a consolation to being at the live show, but as far as concert DVDs go it's the best one I've seen in a while. Goes without saying, but highly recommended if you haven't seen it yet.

The lighting designer ("Taz") for the Kamelot DVD, as well as the US tour was simply phenomenal. He really knows how to light for video while still creating a ton of atmosphere.

Great compositions... top notch work, Mr. Halfin. (or is it Zlozower?) :)

Thanks for sharing your art.