Ken - Good news about the WT Blu Ray

Progmetalmaniac

New Metal Member
Jun 9, 2006
Ken:

It appears from the new information posted on the Within Temptation site that the Blu-Ray disc will not be region coded. Althought the bonus DVD will be PAL. Check out these specs, too:
Extra:

Bonus DVD is PAL format.

Contains Stereo PCM Uncompressed 96kHz/24bits, Surround PCM Uncompressed 96kHz/24bits, Surround DTS 96kHz/24bits, Surround Dolby Digital 5.1 and Stereo Dolby Digital sound, filmed in full high definition, widescreen 1080i. Subtitled in English. Both discs are coded region-free, with a total running time of 350 minutes!

Blu-ray Disc:

Within Temptation & Metropole Orchestra: Black Symphony.
Recorded live at The Ahoy, Rotterdam, The Netherlands on February 7th, 2008.

Ouverture
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
The Howling
Stand My Ground
The Cross
What Have You Done (feat. Keith Caputo)
Hand Of Sorrow
The Heart Of Everything
Forgiven
Somewhere (feat. Anneke van Giersbergen)
The Swan Song
Memories
Our Solemn Hour
The Other Half (Of Me) (feat. George Oosthoek)
Frozen
The Promise
Angels
Mother Earth
The Truth Beneath The Rose
Deceiver Of Fools
All I Need
Ice Queen

Uncompressed 5.1 PCM. Damn this is going to sound awesome. Can't wait. Sign me up for one.

Thanks,

Jay

I think the release date for the Blu Ray disc has been pushed back until October 6. I looked at the official WT site and in the shop it says Oct 6 now. Well doesn't look like we will have this this month. The HD video on their official site looks stunning. BTW, Ken does the US DVD have DTS 24/96? It says that on their website. You have the DVD, so could you take a look I am just curious. If it does I am playing it in my car since I believe my system can play this and DVD Audio as well. :))