King Diamond Health update (good news)

BenMech

student of the d'eh
King Diamond Health Update
by King Diamond on Sunday, 13 March 2011 at 22:30
Hi Everyone,

Some of you have been asking for an update on King's health, so I thought I'll write what's been going on.
King has just finished his Cardiac Rehabilitation program this past Friday, and graduated with flying colors. Thanks to the wonderful people at the rehab center, his exercise regimen helpe him gain a lot of muscle, and start on the road of building up good endurance.
We will start regular exercises now to get the endurance up to nice levels.
The examinations by his heart surgeon and cardiologist revealed that his health is steadily improving, and they all expect him to feel better than ever, 15 years younger than he really is.

I am immensely proud of what he has achieved in these short 3 months, stopped smoking entirely, changed diet and doing regular exercise among other things.
I cannot say anything certain about when he will be back working on King Diamond related things, but he is looking forward to finishing the DVDs eventually, and he is most certainly not stopping music.

I hope this information was helpful, I can honestly say that his progress has been nothing short of amazing. He is the strongest person I know.

He would also like to extend his huge gratitude to all of you, for your absolutely amazing support. It has really meant a lot to him.

Enjoy his Cardiac Rehabilitation "graduation" picture below.

Cheers and Stay Heavy,

Livia
2da0xeg.jpg

Yeah, I was once a giggling teenager too who thought a man with what's more commonly a woman's name (at least in the states) was a riot! :loco:

Yeah, like a week ago. Those were the days.

j/k :D

Glad to hear he's doing okay. Was worried that we might lose another one when the news first hit.

THANK YOU
captain_obvious_Sharenator_Moti_Posters-s316x317-90687-535.jpg

What I meant was it's good he was able to kick the habit. Not that I would know since I've never smoked and have always hated being around smokers, but I've seen a lot of people go through health woes and despite knowing it does affect them, they still can't seem to get off the shit. I'm glad he had the will power to do so. Like you though, I definitely would be more eager in awaiting a new studio album than those DVDs. I just have a feeling those dvds are going to be a huge let down due to a lack of decent video/audio quality.

Yeah, I know what you meant. Just goofing.
Anyhow, I remember reading a long time ago in an interview with King that while on tour, he never smokes or drinks. I suppose he takes up such vices while off tour. I can tell you from seeing him live a couple of times that he never seems to miss a note in concert.

I am still bummed that the King D / Kreator tour was never able to take place. Maybe someday.

Yeah, I know what you meant. Just goofing.
Anyhow, I remember reading a long time ago in an interview with King that while on tour, he never smokes or drinks. I suppose he takes up such vices while off tour. I can tell you from seeing him live a couple of times that he never seems to miss a note in concert.

I am still bummed that the King D / Kreator tour was never able to take place. Maybe someday.

So jealous you've got to see him live. I was devastated when that last US KD tour that was supposed to take place was cancelled.

I've seen him a half dozen times - never disappoints! Sickest line-up was back when Mikkey Dee was on drums.
Funny - i was backsatge at Toads place with Biffen (Evergreys tech), he introduced me to Andy LaRocque, and a few minutes later, this tiny, thin dude walks in and gives me a hairy eyeball like "who the f**k is THIS guy in the dressing room?!".
He sees I'm sitting just talking with Biffen, so he then just proceeds to get down to his skivvies and start dressing... it was my cue to leave, but man it was surreal/strange seeing him w/out his make-up.
He kicked a** that night, as did his female dancers/Grandma characters.

Glad he's on the mend...

I've seen him a half dozen times - never disappoints! Sickest line-up was back when Mikkey Dee was on drums.
Funny - i was backsatge at Toads place with Biffen (Evergreys tech), he introduced me to Andy LaRocque, and a few minutes later, this tiny, thin dude walks in and gives me a hairy eyeball like "who the f**k is THIS guy in the dressing room?!".
He sees I'm sitting just talking with Biffen, so he then just proceeds to get down to his skivvies and start dressing... it was my cue to leave, but man it was surreal/strange seeing him w/out his make-up.
He kicked a** that night, as did his female dancers/Grandma characters.

Glad he's on the mend...

Way jealous, despite being a fan, I never saw him live....and you, YOU got to see him in his undies......:lol: :devil:

Great news! Glad ot hear he stopped smoking too.

I have an old LP with a picture of King sans makeup.

And yes, Wayne, I agree. Mikkey Dee was a great drummer for KD! Loved his playing so much - especially on Abigail and Them. He seemed pretty nice when I met him outside a club in NYC - many years ago.

WTF?!?!? You never saw him live, John? How did that happen? Guess you weren't a big fan back in the day?