KISS on the 2010 R&R Hall of Fame ballot!!!

Kai-Guy

May 8, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
Finally...& no matter what you think of them now..I believe they desereve to be there!

2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced:

Kiss
LL Cool J
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Donna Summer
Darlene Love
ABBA
The Chantels
The Stooges

Now if they could pull their head out and nominate Rush!!!

You forgot Genesis. That's the important one, though its likely they would get in more for their pop days than their early magnificent progressive ones.

But anyhow, until Rush gets in I give it no credit.

Finally...& no matter what you think of them now..I believe they desereve to be there!

2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced:

Kiss
LL Cool J
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Donna Summer
Darlene Love
ABBA
The Chantels
The Stooges

Now if they could pull their head out and nominate Rush!!!
I'm with you on Rush, they're way overdue... but they've lost the plot again... LL COOL J, are you kidding? What about "Rock & Roll" eludes the nominations board yet again? And I thought nominating RUN DMC was reaching...
Seriously, the hall has zero cred with me... but we'll see about that if they wise up and put Rush in, who have been eligible since 1999...

Discussing who gets into the R&R HoF is probably only more meaningful than discussing who won and lost at the MTV Video Awards. That place is overflowing with outfits worn by New Kids om the Block and Brittany Spears. If you're in Cleveland... don't waste your time.

Zod

This thing is a total joke, but I am very glad to see Kiss and RHCP in. LL Cool J though? WTF? I hate rap, but I didn't even think he was innovative to that genre. Seriously though, the fact that Metallica gets in before Priest and Maiden is what really pissed me off. I like Metallica, but they should not get in before the innovators and make no mistake, they wouldn't have gotten in last year if it wasn't for Death Magnetic.

Oops! I got on a little tangent there. I actually already thought Rush and Genesis were already in. That's even more a sham than Priest and Sabbath. As I said though, the whole thing is a joke. The RRHOF should be based on influence, NOT record sales.

Look;

Never mind Rush, what about IRON MAIDEN?!? Moody Blues? Jethro Tull? Deep Purple? This place should be re-titled "The Rolling Stone Rah-Rah Club" because that is all what it is. Jann Wenner is the man who decides who gets in, period. ABBA?!? Donna Summer?!? are you kidding me? Those two in the "Hall" for RnR would be like Glenn booking the Miami Boys Choir for PPUSA!
Completely ridiculous and credibility destroying.

Until there is a real vote from RnR writers/DJ's/promoters, and not influenced by the Rolling Stone fuhrer, nothing this place will do will lend it any cred in my eyes.

Discussing who gets into the R&R HoF is probably only more meaningful than discussing who won and lost at the MTV Video Awards. That place is overflowing with outfits worn by New Kids om the Block and Brittany Spears. If you're in Cleveland... don't waste your time.

Zod

I was there in 2007, and actually found enough stuff to keep me interested for a couple of hours.

A few of the exhibits I enjoyed were a history of Alan Freed's rise and fall, samples of audio recording devices through the years, and a set of original lyrics from Tom Petty.

I did think it was worth the price of admission, although I am a definitely a big geek when it comes to music history.